Is this a good alternative to a whole loop?

I've been wanting to water cool my GTX 1070 (78 degrees 60% fan speed) and i7 4790k (75 degrees) so they run at cooler temperatures and I am mainly doing it to hopefully make my system silent. My alternative idea since I can't afford a whole loop would to get two Corsiar h100i v2 (one for GPU and one for CPU) and this. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. I'm sure it works but I don't know how well it would since I've never had a AIO before. I'm concerned about having two seperate pumps and if it will be loud. Basically I want to know if it will work and if I can run the fans at a low speed or the pumps won't be loud. Thanks 

I've ready watched JayzTwoCent's video on the bracket btw 

iirc the corsair h100i is only for CPU not GPU

Main Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6GHz, Stock Cooler

MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B350 F Gaming motherboard

RAM: 32GB(4x8GB) Team T-FORCE Night Hawk RGB 3000MHz DDR4

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1060 6GB

STORAGE: 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 250GB Samsung 850 Evo, 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 240GB WD Green M.2 SATA SSD

CASE: Cougar Turret RGB

PSU: CoolerMaster GX550W CM Storm

Monitor: Samsung Oddessy G6 27" 1440p, Viewsonic VX2455 144Hz

Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse

Keyboard: ASUS Flare II Animate

Headphones: HyperX Cloud Alpha S Black

Microphone: HyperX Quadcast S

WIFI: ASUS PCE-AC55BT

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/johnno12/saved/gKgD23

Laptop:

Spoiler

Dell Inspiron 15-5000

CPU: i5-8250U Quadcore with hypertheading

GPU: AMD Radeon 540 4GB Hybrid Graphics

Storage: Micron 1100 SATA 256GB SSD

1 minute ago, johnno124 said:

iirc the corsair h100i is only for CPU not GPU

Well.. isn't every AIO made for the CPU? And that's the point of the bracket?

have you looked at EK's Fluid Gaming 240 kit?

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

5 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

have you looked at EK's Fluid Gaming 240 kit?

Yes I don't have a FE 1070

1 minute ago, ripper101 said:

Yes I don't have a FE 1070

ah, that sucks

your idea would work, but you need a circular block on the AIO, something like the Kraken X61/62

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

FALSE information in this thread.

For a radiator to mount to a G12 it needs to have a circular pattern with notches on the bottom not on the whole pump assembly. 

How do I know?

I have a 1080 ti with a Kraken g12 with a 100i v2 and it fits fine

H100i_v2_04.png

I've been wanting to water cool my GTX 1070 (78 degrees 60% fan speed) and i7 4790k (75 degrees) so they run at cooler temperatures and I am mainly doing it to hopefully make my system silent. My alternative idea since I can't afford a whole loop would to get two Corsiar h100i v2 (one for GPU and one for CPU) and this. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. I'm sure it works but I don't know how well it would since I've never had a AIO before. I'm concerned about having two seperate pumps and if it will be loud. Basically I want to know if it will work and if I can run the fans at a low speed or the pumps won't be loud. Thanks 

I've ready watched JayzTwoCent's video on the bracket btw 

1 minute ago, DoctorZeus said:

For a radiator to mount to a G12 it needs to have a circular pattern with notches on the bottom not on the whole pump assembly. 

How do I know?

H100i_v2_04.png

So I'm assuming this works well and is quiet? Also, what did you do for the VRM cooling?

Just now, ripper101 said:

So I'm assuming this works well and is quiet? Also, what did you do for the VRM cooling?

stays cool while mining 24/7 that's with fans kinda high but i don't find the noise bothersome.

Under gaming load it's super low temps even at minimum fan speed. I don't even bother checking tbh.

For VRM cooling I had some unused Aluminum heatsinks from an Accelero Cooling solution from like 5 years ago.

I did order cosmos aluminum heatsinks which are tiny and the right size for these vrms

I also had additional heatsinks from the accelero for my memory as well.

People say it's okay without either but since i'm mining i'd rather not risk it.

I'm getting another 1080 Ti and I think i'm going for a preinstalled hybrid like the EVGA hybrid or MSI Seahawk but availability  is sketchy. 

I might just end up doing it again and getting an h90 for the second card with another g12.

31yBzaLRwFL.jpg

2 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

stays cool while mining 24/7 that's with fans kinda high but i don't find the noise bothersome.

Under gaming load it's super low temps even at minimum fan speed. I don't even bother checking tbh.

For VRM cooling I had some unused Aluminum heatsinks from an Accelero Cooling solution from like 5 years ago.

I did order cosmos aluminum heatsinks which are tiny and the right size for these vrms

I also had additional heatsinks from the accelero for my memory as well.

People say it's okay without either but since i'm mining i'd rather not risk it.

I'm getting another 1080 Ti and I think i'm going for a preinstalled hybrid like the EVGA hybrid or MSI Seahawk but availability  is sketchy. 

I might just end up doing it again and getting an h90 for the second card with another g12.

31yBzaLRwFL.jpg

What do you put inbetween them? Tim?

2 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

What do you put inbetween them? Tim?

they come with thermal adhesive I believe. But you can order thermal glue to use if you prefer. I'd rather order extra 3m adhesive tape though. Just in case they heat up and fall off as happens with other cheap adhesive heatsinks.

2 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

they come with thermal adhesive I believe. But you can order thermal glue to use if you prefer. I'd rather order extra 3m adhesive tape though. Just in case they heat up and fall off as happens with other cheap adhesive heatsinks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GWFMG1S/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1497497984&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=heatsink&dpPl=1&dpID=31z9vJ8%2BBuL&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UYTTDO6/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1497498059&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=thermal+pad&dpPl=1&dpID=31-0iVZVwZL&ref=plSrch

would these work well?

1 hour ago, DoctorZeus said:

How do I know?

H100i_v2_04.png

I assume you watercooled an FE 1080 TI.  Think I could do what you did but for two graphics cards?

2 hours ago, ripper101 said:

The pads come from what I believe is a respectable brand (they make the accelero coolers) and those heatsinks look fine but I would get two packs if you want to cool the memory since there are 11 memory chips. 

1 hour ago, lilbman said:

I assume you watercooled an FE 1080 TI.  Think I could do what you did but for two graphics cards?

what do you mean by two graphics cards?

I did watercool an FE 1080 Ti

3 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

what do you mean by two graphics cards?

I did watercool an FE 1080 Ti

I have two 1080 Ti FE cards. Could I watercool them both?  

4 minutes ago, lilbman said:

I have two 1080 Ti FE cards. Could I watercool them both?  

with one AIO? 

or what do you mean?

with two 100i V2s?

Just now, DoctorZeus said:

with one AIO? 

or what do you mean?

with two 100i V2s?

I guess I could do two 100i V2s..might not fit in the case.  I'll get a bigger one if need be, and money isn't an issue. Right now I have a Thermaltake Suppressor F51

4 minutes ago, lilbman said:

I guess I could do two 100i V2s..might not fit in the case.  I'll get a bigger one if need be, and money isn't an issue. Right now I have a Thermaltake Suppressor F51

well you can use whatever AIO you want that fits on the Kraken G12. Could just use two h55s which is similar to the Seahawk and EVGA hybrid. 

I think your case has room at the top front and bottom for h100iV2 radiators although i think it'd be hard to get one in the bottom and front at the same time but not sure. Additionally it's not recommended to mount AIOs to the bottom I believe. 

Definitely could fit two 120 or 140mm radiators wherever though.

To watercool a card with a kraken g12 you really just need to know how to read instructions, have patience, caution and a tiny bit of bravery

6 hours ago, DoctorZeus said:

The pads come from what I believe is a respectable brand (they make the accelero coolers) and those heatsinks look fine but I would get two packs if you want to cool the memory since there are 11 memory chips. 

Sorry for all the questions but... is that all I need to worry about cooling is the 11 memory chips? 

1 hour ago, ripper101 said:

Sorry for all the questions but... is that all I need to worry about cooling is the 11 memory chips? 

id personally cool the vrms as well