General Decrease in ASUS Motherboard Quality?

This is something I've been contemplating for a while now, I've trusted ASUS for a long time running, but for the few years that trust is dwindling. I've had several bad experiences with their motherboards from bad north bridges, unstable boards, and sometimes straight up dead. And reviews of their boards are reflecting my views, on all the newer boards I see a large amount of reviewers complaining about stubborn boards refusing to operate correctly or just being dead out of the box. It's not a small amount either, some boards are having reviews like this up to 40% of the time. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Bought an Asus Prime Z270A in March. Had zero issues. On Newegg 75% of the reviews are 4 or 5 Stars. Just my experience.

I've had many serious issues with the Asus Z9PA-D8 motherboard. Constant RAID and driver problems along with memory errors. 

last time i owned a ASUS board was with the 4770k or i think that was the chip.   never had a issue then. been using ASROCK lately with no issues :)

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

Never had a problem with ASUS but generally the manufacturing of the first world moves into cheap labour markets like China and then it's problematic. Sure it gives you cheaper stuff....but often quality is the first thing lost. Not sure where they are made.....but you'd expect some problems with quality control!

2 hours ago, rogueone said:

Never had a problem with ASUS but generally the manufacturing of the first world moves into cheap labour markets like China and then it's problematic. Sure it gives you cheaper stuff....but often quality is the first thing lost. Not sure where they are made.....but you'd expect some problems with quality control!

They don't use anyone at all to make their boards. Machines make them. The production line is fully automated 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

yeah but it's still the game....where are the boards made? I'm not saying there's little china men and women sitting there soldering stuff on the boards it's all robots ....but the meaning is still the same! Less money spent on the process is less quality at the end of the process!

As far as motherboards go, I do not trust any manufacturer, and have seen bad boards from all of them. With Asus, I stay clear of any motherboard with Strix in the name after the disaster of a board the X99 Strix was.