bought HD 558, what to do next

Biased Opinion

Ok so i bought the HD 558 because the headband on my A30s died and i dont have speakers to use in the mean time.

So on to the topic at hand, i am fully aware that my motherboards onboard is plenty to drive these but if only for an excuse to spend money what upgrades could i make to this setup without replacing the cans. What USB sound card would be best suited for use withe the HD 588s, the E10 looks like a nice cheap option but the ODAC looks much nicer ascetically, which for something that will sit on my desk does matter to me. Are there any other reasonable options to consider(im not buying it now but at some point I would like to get something)

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

No real point in buying one. The amp will do nothing more but make it louder (which it already is) and add some coloration, which he can just do with EQ.

I don't really see a point in a ODAC with only 558, so the E10 is really the only worthy option. Even then I don't think it would matter that much to bother. 

Error: 410

^ agreed. unless there is something wrong with your onboard audio, there is not much of a point to get an E10 or and ODAC. I would just use some equalizer to nudge the sound in the direction you want it. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

No real point in buying one. The amp will do nothing more but make it louder (which it already is) and add some coloration, which he can just do with EQ.

I don't really see a point in a ODAC with only 558, so the E10 is really the only worthy option. Even then I don't think it would matter that much to bother. 

The o2 doesn't add any coloration. It adds gain to the signal and reduces all distortion. The only distortion or clipping you will get will be from the headphones.

If you have to get anything, go with an O2.  Which I don't recommend, spend your cash on other goodies. 

So you've bought some 558's?  well the next step, and probably the most important step, is to make sure you sit down, plug them in and listen to stuff.  Enjoy the music and games.

No more to buy unless your onboard audio is behaving like a bowl of rice bubbles and has hiss, crackle and pop.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So you've bought some 558's?  well the next step, and probably the most important step, is to make sure you sit down, plug them in and listen to stuff.  Enjoy the music and games.

No more to buy unless your onboard audio is behaving like a bowl of rice bubbles and has hiss, crackle and pop.

Now I want a bowl of cereal. 

only for an excuse to spend money what upgrades could i make to this setup

O2 + ODAC

Don't bother wasting money on anything less.

O2 + ODAC

Don't bother wasting money on anything less.

What happened to the E10 dick riding? Are you guys not getting paid for shilling anymore?

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

belive me i am going to do exactly that as soon as they arrive.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

What happened to the E10 dick riding? Are you guys not getting paid for shilling anymore?

E10 is good, but if he's spending money just to spend money, for an item he doesn't need, why not get the best?

my only concern about the Odac would be that the output impedace is to high for the HD 558s. and there is no way that i would be buying all this stuff now.

my only concern about the Odac would be that the output impedace is to high for the HD 558s. and there is no way that i would be buying all this stuff now.

The ODAC needs to be output into an amp, like the O2. The O2 has an output impedance of about half an ohm - good for every headphone and most IEMs out there. It was specifically designed to not make the same mistakes that most soudncards and expensive amplifiers make.

The ODAC needs to be output into an amp, like the O2. The O2 has an output impedance of about half an ohm - good for every headphone and most IEMs out there. It was specifically designed to not make the same mistakes that most soudncards and expensive amplifiers make.

this info pleases me, to clarify i would be getting the dac amp combo unit because i dont really want to have shit all over my desk.

this info pleases me, to clarify i would be getting the dac amp combo unit because i dont really want to have shit all over my desk.

yes, and to add to what Shearme said, the O2 can drive up to 600 ohm headphones so you'll never need to get another amp unless they develop a new audio signal transport technology that does away with wires.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I hate that phrase no matter what product it is.

I didn't say it had "a 600 ohm amp" I specifically said it "can drive up to 600 ohm".  But I know what you mean, Marketing destroys the truth for many things.