Fps

nokturrduk84

I wonder, why in games fps is so various(changing always if not using vsync) comparing to movies where there's always only 24 fps & why movies doesn't lag on 24 fps, if in games it's lagging?

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Movies use motion blur to make the low frame rate seem less noticeable. You can see this effect when you pause a movie. It'll be blurry. On console games(say the PS3), there will also be motion blur to reduce the visibility of the low frame rate. That's what I got from your post.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

In games there are intensive parts and less intensive parts. When you're are 60+ fps it's easy to drop. Movies run at 24 fps so no matter how intensive a scene gets, it will never drop since 24 fps is so slow it runs consistent

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

In games there are intensive parts and less intensive parts. When you're are 60+ fps it's easy to drop. Movies run at 24 fps so no matter how intensive a scene gets, it will never drop since 24 fps is so slow it runs consistent

Lol a more intense scene in a movie wouldn't change the frame rate! It's only dependent to how many FPS the camera is recording and how many FPS the editor decides to render.

Lol a more intense scene in a movie wouldn't change the frame rate! It's only dependent to how many FPS the camera is recording and how many FPS the editor decides to render.

That's what he just said.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Troll detected.

n00b

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

That's what he just said.

No he said that they record at a capped frame rate of 24 so that it will be a constant 24 fps and not be dropping like it would if it wasn't capped. If a video is at 24FPS then it's just so that it's less editing work and the final video is a smaller file. No matter how intense the scene is it wouldn't change anything...

You have to download more RAM.

okay Sherlock, now go play tetris.

No he said that they record at a capped frame rate of 24 so that it will be a constant 24 fps and not be dropping like it would if it wasn't capped. If a video is at 24FPS then it's just so that it's less editing work and the final video is a smaller file. No matter how intense the scene is it wouldn't change anything...

Most movies and TV shows are recorded at 24FPS.

Most movies and TV shows are recorded at 24FPS.

Yeah I know that. But it's not so that there isn't a variation in frame rate. Cameras record a solid framerate, it doesn't change!