First Post And a Slight Ebay Question

Hi guys. This is my first post and starting off with a slight concern/question. I recently bought my Intel i5-4670K from Newegg an later on I plan to return the processor before my return policy is up. After I return my processor I plan on upgrading to the Intel i7-4770K and buying it from Ebay. My only concern with this is a seller might sell me a dud CPU even though sellers say that it is factory sealed. Have you bought parts from Ebay? Whats your experience with buying Computer Components? Also is it worth upgrading to the i7-4770K?

Using really big fonts in your first thread really doesn't make a good first impression.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Using really big fonts in your first thread really doesn't make a good first impression.

and doing the same thing in your 1901 post doesn't either..

Good strike Sarcasm. That'll do.

Ebay is alright, check the rating of the seller, plain and simple. Welcome the the forums, you'll be seeing me often.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

and doing the same thing in your 1901 post doesn't either..

But what about on your 3,888th post?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Welcome!

Ebay buyer protection greatly favors the buyer, so I doubt you would have any problems if the item isn't functional.

What he said.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Ebay buyer protection greatly favors the buyer, so I doubt you would have any problems if the item isn't functional.

This. And you should always buy from a seller who has 100+ positive ratings.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Hi guys. This is my first post and starting off with a slight concern/question. I recently bought my Intel i5-4670K from Newegg an later on I plan to return the processor before my return policy is up. After I return my processor I plan on upgrading to the Intel i7-4770K and buying it from Ebay. My only concern with this is a seller might sell me a dud CPU even though sellers say that it is factory sealed. Have you bought parts from Ebay? Whats your experience with buying Computer Components? Also is it worth upgrading to the i7-4770K?

i7 would be better for video editing/raw cpu performance. so it's you call if you want to go with the i7 processor. Just make sure you get the full Intel warranty when you buy from non-standard places like Ebay. 

Just use paypal

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Sorry for the big size. Also would you get a better overclock performance with the i7 vs i5?

No, they are the exact same chip in every way. The only difference between the two chips is that the i7 passed intels QC with hyperthreading enabled so it handles multi threaded workloads better. What are you using your rig for?

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Welcome to the forum don't mind sarcasm he's cool, he just a little well cocky/trollish sometimes

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

No, they are the exact same chip in every way. The only difference between the two chips is that the i7 passed intels QC with hyperthreading enabled so it handles multi threaded workloads better. What are you using your rig for?

Mostly gaming and maybe a little bit of video editing. I wouldn't even know what to do with the hyper-threading in the first place. But considered the processor for the purpose of future proofing.

Welcome to the forum don't mind sarcasm he's cool, he just a little well cocky/trollish sometimes

Why thank you for the kind intro. My current build is on my profile and will have pictures uploaded once I get my new NZXT Computer case and CPU cooler

Mostly gaming and maybe a little bit of video editing. I wouldn't even know what to do with the hyper-threading in the first place. But considered the processor for the purpose of future proofing.

Go with the i5 4760k if gaming more, the i7 4770k is towards the rendering side

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Go with the i5 4760k if gaming more, the i7 4770k is towards the rendering side

My concern also was being able to have the small chance of a great overclocked CPU. Currently I can do 4.3GHz at 1.26VCore Idle

My concern also was being able to have the small chance of a great overclocked CPU. Currently I can do 4.3GHz at 1.26VCore Idle

Dude if it's for gaming and you thought this upgrade would help you're OC you are wasting money. Don't do it. If you REALLY wanna take a shot at getting a better overclocker then just get another 4670k. But still, don't do it. 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Dude if it's for gaming and you thought this upgrade would help you're OC you are wasting money. Don't do it. If you REALLY wanna take a shot at getting a better overclocker then just get another 4670k. But still, don't do it. 

Thanks Hirad. I think when getting a CPU its mostly rolling some dice for better or worse. What I will actually do is return my current Graphics card and getting the MSI GTX 770 before my return policy ends.

Thanks Hirad. I think when getting a CPU its mostly rolling some dice for better or worse. What I will actually do is return my current Graphics card and getting the MSI GTX 770 before my return policy ends.

That is right. There is a term for it called the silicone lottery. And that's a better idea, you'll get more gaming performance from a new gpu rather than a new cpu.

Well isn't mostly the standard format for paying items on Ebay?

Yes but you asked an obvious question so a gave the obvious answer? 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb