Is there a headset such as this?

Trail Mixorz

(origininally posted here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/78758-ultimate-headset-lets-make-it-happen/

Open mesh cups, super soft for use with or without glasses, no leather for me, free strap with metal bars on top, removable braided cable and removable mic with a flexible boom on the left side, volume control on the headset and not the cable, black base color with removable/replaceable aluminum or acrylic pieces on the sides for color choice and personalization with a white led underneath so it gives off a color depending on whichever plate you have on, mute button on the side (push to mute, push again to unmute), comes with two braided cables, one long for pc use and one shorter one for on the go use, damn this headset would be perfect

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

(origininally posted here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/78758-ultimate-headset-lets-make-it-happen/

Open mesh cups, super soft for use with or without glasses, no leather for me, free strap with metal bars on top, removable braided cable and removable mic with a flexible boom on the left side, volume control on the headset and not the cable, black base color with removable/replaceable aluminum or acrylic pieces on the sides for color choice and personalization with a white led underneath so it gives off a color depending on whichever plate you have on, mute button on the side (push to mute, push again to unmute), comes with two braided cables, one long for pc use and one shorter one for on the go use, damn this headset would be perfect

Start a company and get an OEM to make it.

Yep.

http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-990-Premium-250-Ohm/dp/B00193FT26

+

http://www.modmic.com/

(Everything else you mentioned is a gimmick, or doesn't matter as it relates to fashion).

Haha I was actually looking at this combo, it's just not perfect, but I guess theres no such thing as perfect. Plus, a products gotta look good as well as perform good, sorry I just love good looking peripherals :D  

Start a company and get an OEM to make it.

Man I would if I had the funds

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Haha I was actually looking at this combo, it's just not perfect, but I guess theres no such thing as perfect. Plus, a products gotta look good as well as perform good, sorry I just love good looking peripherals :D  

Yes but will you see it when it's on your head?

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-504631-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A

This looks better, but isn't as good IMO.

Yes but will you see it when it's on your head?

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-504631-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A

This looks better, but isn't as good IMO.

Those do look better, and they look like a modmic can attach to it easier. How big is the sound difference?

Those do look better, and they look like a modmic can attach to it easier. How big is the sound difference?

Bass/treble is much weaker on the HD 558's. The modmic attaches to anything, material doesn't matter.

Mr. eBay isn't a fan of Sennheisers, so take his opinion with a grain of salt.  ;)

There's definitely a big sound difference, but which is better is a matter of preference.

Mr. eBay isn't a fan of Sennheisers, so take his opinion with a grain of salt. ;)

There's definitely a big sound difference, but which is better is a matter of preference.

Lmao, Mr. eBay is going to stick isn't it? Anyways the best way to describe the difference is that sennheisers are more neutral and analytical, the Beyers are more fun with better bass and higher treble.

What music do you listen to? Each headphone set has their strengths for various genres of music. 

What music do you listen to? Each headphone set has their strengths for various genres of music. 

I listen to and write/record metal 

I listen to and write/record metal 

Yeah, the Beyers then. It isn't like the 558's ruin metal... it just isn't as engaging. I would have more fun listening to metal on Beyers than the Senns.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who listens to dubstep and metal on AD700's. Oh and classical on AKG K518le's... So you can listen to anything on anything... just some are more suited to the task at hand.

Ebay-san for got to mention that the the Sennheisers get lose after a year or so, will last and still work, but they will fit loosely, which helps with the glasses issue.

Grado's are also a solid option if you live in or around South Canada. 
Though those don't have quite the same build or feature set as described. 

Yeah, the Beyers then. It isn't like the 558's ruin metal... it just isn't as engaging. I would have more fun listening to metal on Beyers than the Senns.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who listens to dubstep and metal on AD700's. Oh and classical on AKG K518le's... So you can listen to anything on anything... just some are more suited to the task at hand.

I wouldn't say the 558's ruin metal. I've used the Sennheiser PC360 for some time (basically the same as 558's) and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. Now I'm using some M50s most of the time, and for general metal, these just sound better overall, not by all that much though, mostly the bass, but these M50s really shine with progressive metal and symphonic metal. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I prefer more treble with less bass for rock/metal, so AKG K 701 is fantastic, butSennheiser does better for me than Beyerdynamic. Additionally, I find the DT 990's high range to be too simblant and schreechy.

Best thing for OP do is try something out in store. For pure mixing he'd want something flat like the Sony MDR V6 if he doesn't have monitors.

I would say the AKG K 240 looks good. Definitely better than glossy sharply coloured plastic!

81fU2qnzolL._SL1500_.jpg

Plus, they are extremely cheap/ high value.

They're not as clear/ separated as AKG's other headphones, but that doesn't really say much as AKG is the king of clarity and detail.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I would say the AKG K 240 looks good. Definitely better than glossy sharply coloured plastic!

81fU2qnzolL._SL1500_.jpg

Plus, they are extremely cheap/ high value.

They're not as clear/ separated as AKG's other headphones, but that doesn't really say much as AKG is the king of clarity and detail.

these look great, are they open?

these look great, are they open?

No they are semi-open, but they are more comfortable than they look IMO. But that differs from person to person. I took it you wanted to stay on budget as well as get great sound more than anything, this was the best I could come up with. The Beyerdynamic DT770 are worth looking at too, though a bit more expensive and a bit more coloured sound (though they still sound great)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.