Quick question to gigabyte G1 gaming card owners

Fluffybakon

Hello all!

Im building a white build over summer, and I was wondering whether the LED's on the G1 gaming cards can get a near pure white/pure white color. I will be modding the card to make it all white, so color is not an issue.

Thank you in advance!

-Lukas

1000$ PC: CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb G1 gaming Storage: 2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm PSU: Corsair Vengeance 550m Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ cherry mx browns Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

13 minutes ago, Fluffybakon said:

Hello all!

Im building a white build over summer, and I was wondering whether the LED's on the G1 gaming cards can get a near pure white/pure white color. I will be modding the card to make it all white, so color is not an issue.

Thank you in advance!

-Lukas

It's very hard to do this on the older G1 Gaming cards, such as the 960, 970, etc.  You'd have to buy a whole new LED and rig it.  There are a couple tutorials on how to do this, but quite frankly, I have an all white build and the GTX 960 Blue LED fits pretty well.  Also, you can just get a 1060 G1 Gaming, custom paint it white, and there are RGB Led's on it that you can change with software.  

Here's a video: 

4 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

It's very hard to do this on the older G1 Gaming cards, such as the 960, 970, etc.  You'd have to buy a whole new LED and rig it.  There are a couple tutorials on how to do this, but quite frankly, I have an all white build and the GTX 960 Blue LED fits pretty well.  Also, you can just get a 1060 G1 Gaming, custom paint it white, and there are RGB Led's on it that you can change with software.  

Here's a video: 

Same I have a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 with a white build (NZXT Noctis 450 with a Gigabyte Aorus AX370) and set the LED to blue and it matches perfectly.

12 minutes ago, LordTaco42 said:

Same I have a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 with a white build (NZXT Noctis 450 with a Gigabyte Aorus AX370) and set the LED to blue and it matches perfectly.

22 minutes ago, Jackson, The Computer Dude said:

Here's a video: 

Thanks guys :) Im getting the 1060, so i should be fine, appreciate it :D

-Lukas

1000$ PC: CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb G1 gaming Storage: 2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm PSU: Corsair Vengeance 550m Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ cherry mx browns Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310