PRINTING OLED TV with Inkjet Printer

James_AJ

Yes, printing.

While this has been around for a few years, this one is made for mass production, made to actually bring the OLED TVs into market.

They are hoping that this won't cost an arm and a leg to build.

This is really exciting. Who knows a. if OLED TVs can be finally cheap b. if other companies will move onto printing out different products?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/21/kateeva-oled-tv-inkjet-printer/

I have like 3 printers in my house. time to get printing!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I have like 3 printers in my house. time to get printing!

VERY FUNNY  :lol:

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

like james said i hope it wont cost to much money 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

i actually knew that they could be printed with an inkjet printer for some years now ... but the problem to overcome was runtime ... the displays went out after a couple of hours 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Manufacturers are not here to innovate, they are here to profit. When Oled gets mainstream it will be more expensive than other monitors, and it will take a couple of years to see the price drops.

Manufacturers are not here to innovate, they are here to profit. When Oled gets mainstream it will be more expensive than other monitors, and it will take a couple of years to see the price drops.

yes, but with this tech the prices will drop because the following events will happen in the following order(hopefully):

OLEDs cheaper to produce

OLEDs less expensive to buy

OLEDs have more marketshare

OLEDs are demanded more

OLEDs are produced more

OLEDs are sold more

OLEDs cheaper to produce

They profit more from selling a billion monitors with a profit of $2 than selling 100,000 monitors with a $10,000 profit

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

yes, but with this tech the prices will drop because the following events will happen in the following order(hopefully):

OLEDs cheaper to produce

OLEDs are demanded more

OLEDs are produced more

OLEDs are sold more

OLEDs cheaper to produce

They profit more from selling a billion monitors with a profit of $2 than selling 100,000 monitors with a $10,000 profit

Dont forget, OLED has no latency (Unlike LCD/Plasma Screens) its insainly flexible and it uses half the power at double the size and has the ability for higher pixel density over LCD and plasma's

Character artist in the Games industry.

Dont forget, OLED has no latency (Unlike LCD/Plasma Screens) its insainly flexible and it uses half the power at double the size and has the ability for higher pixel density over LCD and plasma's

I know, sooooo awsome :D

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I can't wait for OLED monitors.

yeah, I hope this brings OLED actually mainstream... 24" 1440p OLED, smartphone OLED (non-Samsung), OLED everywhere...

OLEDs cheaper to produce

OLEDs are demanded more

OLEDs are produced more

OLEDs are sold more

OLEDs cheaper to produce

I know this will happen, but it will take lots and lots of time. The current market is very profitable for them, and they will hold to it as much as they can. They already know OLED is cheaper and better, until the current display market sinks, OLED will not be unleashed. OLED is not a near reality, it is the future.

Reading the comments too. This sounds awesome.. 4k might soon become even cheaper.. Now if AMD and NVidia would make one ultimate GPU combining all their knowledge.. well that would be awesome.

LOL... joking that would never happen.. I don't even think that anyone ever considered this. Also if AMD & Nvidia get together then there will be no more competition to make better stuff and also Green with Red colors on a GPU will be hard to make a nice system.. lol :D.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

This is pretty cool but hope that using this doesn't bring up the production value thus causing higher prices. But would be great if it brought down prices. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

240pines

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

240pines

the laws dont apply down there so 240pines away 

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))