Nintendo Mass-Bans Jailbroken 3DS Consoles

We can already unban them,

And we can already Unbrick them. The 3ds has a button combination that when held during boot will load anything from the SD card or 3ds cart. Caveat is the 3ds must be closed. Using a magnet tricks the 3ds into thinking its closed, so now we can use the button combo and reflash the firmware. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

On 2017-5-30 at 7:47 PM, goodtofufriday said:

Because if since you arent banned from the eshop you can continue to pirate games off the eshop through something called title keys. So this current ban doesnt make sense.

Of course it does, Nintendo can live with the pirates carrying on pirating more than they can live with the court case when 1000s of angry DS owners sue them for not being able to use their purchased hardware. Its quite simple, they disable online access citing illegal modification and the pirates can't do anything though some might go and buy new DSes but if they disable the device from accessing the store and playing games suddenly the law is on the side of the customer, modifications or not.

Plus I'm sure you know that the store on the console isn't used to pirate the games anyway, pirates just run an app on their PCs to download the titles and install them using 3rd party utilities. Disabling the eShop would have zero affect on piracy.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

53 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Plus I'm sure you know that the store on the console isn't used to pirate the games anyway, pirates just run an app on their PCs to download the titles and install them using 3rd party utilities. Disabling the eShop would have zero affect on piracy.

Everyone uses the freEshop and title keys these days. 100 times easier. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 hour ago, goodtofufriday said:

Everyone uses the freEshop and title keys these days. 100 times easier. 

Fair enough, I'm more into modding my Wii U tbh, don't even own a DS but I know the app I use to get titles and tiks for my Wii U also supports DS titles too.

After reading this thread I'm gonna disable spotpass on my Wii U (if its on) tomorrow just in case but tbh I haven't pirated much anyway. I own all my games legit so I tend to just get DLC (and only then its pack 2 for MK8 only as I legit own pack 1). I do have the Wii U build of Retroarch installed though and obviously Haxchi so I can use said DLC.

Don't wanna risk them banning my Wii U in the future.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

On 30/5/2017 at 1:33 AM, Dutch-stoner said:

If you buy a device, you should be allowed to do anything with it... If I buy a pc, and if I got a copy of DOS, I would be angry at *insert company name here* if they would disable my device. But hey, it's a console. /care.

gotta love how the store is still available

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

22 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Fair enough, I'm more into modding my Wii U tbh, don't even own a DS but I know the app I use to get titles and tiks for my Wii U also supports DS titles too.

After reading this thread I'm gonna disable spotpass on my Wii U (if its on) tomorrow just in case but tbh I haven't pirated much anyway. I own all my games legit so I tend to just get DLC (and only then its pack 2 for MK8 only as I legit own pack 1). I do have the Wii U build of Retroarch installed though and obviously Haxchi so I can use said DLC.

Don't wanna risk them banning my Wii U in the future.

They're not going to ban hacked Wii U's. They haven't pushed an update out for it in over a year. If anything, Nintendo wants to forget the thing exists and move on. The only reason why they're doubling down on the 3DS is due to the fact that it still has a healthy market. The Wii U hasn't had a healthy market since the damn thing released (and even then, it was barely treading water).

6 hours ago, linkboy said:

They're not going to ban hacked Wii U's. They haven't pushed an update out for it in over a year. If anything, Nintendo wants to forget the thing exists and move on. The only reason why they're doubling down on the 3DS is due to the fact that it still has a healthy market. The Wii U hasn't had a healthy market since the damn thing released (and even then, it was barely treading water).

Lemme guess, your uncle works at Nintendo and told you this?

You don't know that, no one does and for the 30s it will take to disable the entirely useless feature vs losing online on my console I think its worth it.

8 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Lemme guess, your uncle works at Nintendo and told you this?

You don't know that, no one does and for the 30s it will take to disable the entirely useless feature vs losing online on my console I think its worth it.

What's with the attitude?

Nintendo hasn't released a firmware update for the Wii U since January of 2016 (well over a year and a half ago). If they were going to do something like that, they would have done it by now. The Wii U is dead, it's effectively been dead for a few years now (pretty much since it came out).

I'll be surprised as hell if they did anything related to the Wii U, even up to acknowledging that it exists. The 3DS, unlike the Wii U, actually has a market left, which is why Nintendo still gives a crap about it.

Could they do something, yes. However, based on their current track record in regards to the Wii U, there's a good chance they won't.

It's pretty stupid IMO to complain about your console being banned or even bricked, you knew the risks.

You can talk about how you only use it to do 'legal' things until the cows come home but if Nintendo has decided to ban consoles because you violated the TOS then its too bad for you.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:23 PM, Demonking said:

I'm glad they banning them need to ban the cheaters in Pokemon S&M too. 

how do you cheat in S&M? You mean perfect IV's and EV's and egg movesets?

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

55 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

You use the safe word? O.o

I don't really know what you mean.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Just now, Jito463 said:

Probably for the best.  It was a poor joke.

Oh, i got it. took me a second there, lol

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!