Best Value Cards?

TOSaunders

So, I'm reconstructing my computer using pieces that I was already using, a i7 4790, 16gb ddr3 ram(4 sticks), an OEM motherboard I was already using (cheap, easy, worked, don't overlock and the world is happy), but I need a new case, power supply, and I want to upgrade my graphics card from my weird little GTX 745 4gb OEM only card. It really doesn't have enough juice to do much. Case, power supply, easy. The graphics card is still my debate. I'm getting two 1080 60hz monitors (HDMI) (architecture student, productivity and it looks freaking amazing) and I was going through my options. Right now, I have my eyes on an RX 580 for the price. I didn't really want to spend more than $300 CAD (Canadian dollar is key). Now, I'm thinking long term just because I can use my dinky little gpu in the mean time and upgrade later, but any thoughts on other cards? I play things like Overwatch, CIV 5, Rocket League, and thinking of expanding into more open world games like Conan Exiles. I know the 1060 is in that range but at 3gb rather than 4gb. Any opinions open, not looking for something necessarily today. May even consider watching the used market. Thanks in advance.

RX 480/580 or GTX 1060 6GB depends on where you live

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

well the RX 570 is the best price/preformance card on the market but i would go for a RX 580 here, should be perfect for your needs

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

480/580 all the way

If you rob a bank, you might be able to scrounge up enough Canadian pesos for a GTX 1070 after Vega drops prices down again.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

I bought a cheap RX 580 4gb onsale for about $275. after tax and whatever it was about $320 yes, but it's certainly much much better than a 1060 3gb. I don't regret it even though I went a little overbudget. 

Plays anything @1080p ultra with 60-100fps depending on the game. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD