Razer support are taking months

1 minute ago, Johndyville said:

What could I do to try and get him involved? 

not much, you can try

- PM razer, here or on Twitter 

-PM Linus

you can try @CPotter 

@nerdslayer1 I pmed linus and tweeted razer, just gonna hope for the best. 

Hopefully enough people comment here to attract there attention 

@CPotter I hear your the man to call for help? 

Edited by Johndyville

3 minutes ago, Johndyville said:

@nerdslayer1 I pmed linus and tweeted razer, just gonna hope for the best. 

Hopefully enough people comment here to attract there attention 

@CPotter I hear your the man to call for help? 

posted on PCMR reddit if you need it 

I didn't have a reddit account that has been active enough (created today for this purpose) 

Could you post it on my behalf? I have the text done

4 hours ago, Johndyville said:

Hi LTT forum, I'm a long time quiet member who enjoys Linus' videos. I've never asked anything of you guys, never thought I would have to. I'm posting this in the hopes that people are informed on the state of Razers' customer support, and hopefully get someone that works at Razer to speed up my situation since it's been almost 2 months already, with an expected extra 2-3 weeks longer.

TLDR: I have a Razer Blade 14 (2015) laptop that has been at one of there support centers for almost 2 months, to fix a cracked screen (and other smaller issues). Despite constant communication, they constantly inform me that x y and z things go wrong (the latest, a faulty screen replacement) and that they need to order new parts from Singapore which takes 2-3 weeks.

So I bought my Razer Blade 14 (2015) in June of 2015 and it has served me great for the last 2 years. Unfortunately I cracked my screen, but I managed without the touchscreen for a year now and I got used to the cracked screen.

The reason I decided to send it in was because they opened a European repair shop and that reduced the amount of time I would need to go without my laptop, which is near impossible as a student and going even a week without a laptop makes everything a lot harder.

So I communicated with them and they told me that it usually takes 3-5 days. With this information, I waited until spring break and sent them my laptop with the hope that it would be returned before the end of the holidays. I was wrong, after sending them my laptop I was informed that the parts weren't available and they would order them from Singapore.

Now, with that being said, it was my understanding that it wouldn't take too long. In the email it says that if the part isn't available, it takes "slightly longer". Slightly longer than 3-5 days doesn't mean 1 month. To them it apparently does.

Fine, a month goes by and they inform me that the parts have arrived and the repair should be almost done at this point (9th of May) and according to them, 3-5 days after the 9th is maximum the 14th. On the 24th still no update, at this point I'm getting extremely impatient and I start calling them (the support line is only open from 1-3 pm (German time) every day so I plan accordingly and call them several times.

The first response when I inform the guy on the support line of my situation was disbelief. He quickly assures me that its fine and it should be finished within the week. That was on the 24th.

Today I called back, and the guy on the support line told me that the screen they received was faulty and they need to order a new one from Singapore and the shipping takes 2-3 weeks. At which point I'm completely outraged. From past experience and waiting time, it will take another month and a bit for the piece to arrive. Not to mention that I asked about the other repairs and some have not been done yet (even though they have had 2 months).

It's been almost 2 months. And I expect it to take another month or so. Everything has been paid for already so money isn't the issue they are having. I'm at the end of the semester with finals quickly approaching, a lot of my studying and study material (lecture notes) are on that laptop. I have been a huge fan of razer for years now, among myself and brothers we have each owned more than one razer peripheral at any given time. At this point you have basically lost 3 loyal costumers (even though thats a drop in a bucket for you). My only wish is for the situation to be rectified.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, please help me share this so that my issue doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Screenshot_20170526-152301.png

Screenshot_20170526-144740.png

Screenshot_20170526-145411.png

Screenshot_20170526-145111.png

Screenshot_20170526-152307.png

Screenshot_20170526-145336.png

Screenshot_20170526-145234.png

Screenshot_20170526-144932.png

Can you send me a DM and I'll contact Razer directly. Apologies for the issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-27 at 2:51 AM, CPotter said:

Can you send me a DM and I'll contact Razer directly. Apologies for the issues.

please snip

Wow dude, huge bummer. I wish you good luck with your finals even if you don't have your laptop. But I recommend going to the store that is repairing it and deal with the workers in the real world rather than on phone.

Thought I might update this thread incase anyone here is still curious. 

Today they sent me the tracking details for a new laptop, after numerous replacement screens were faulty they finally decided to send me an upgrade. 

So I'm receiving a late 2016 blade, which is way better than my 2015 version. Along with a man o war headset as compensation for my waiting time. 

Anyways, thanks everyone for the support! If anyone has issues with razer, I'm more than happy to help you deal with them. 

25 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

they really should have done this after a month. absolutely unacceptable that they keep giving you the run around. Did they still expect you to pay or did you already pay them?

Unfortunately i had already paid.. 

Welp. 600 eur for a screen replacement? Could've gotten a pretty decent laptop for that money and still have some cash leftover for a case of beers.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

2 hours ago, revsilverspine said:

Welp. 600 eur for a screen replacement? Could've gotten a pretty decent laptop for that money and still have some cash leftover for a case of beers.

Thats very true... I dun fucked up