Need a set of cans

DarrenP

Hi guys.

I need a set of headphones as the title suggests. I need them to have a 3.5mm Jack, noise cancelling, and over ear. I'm open to any suggestions. Budget is anywhere below $400 CAN. I was thinking the Bose Quiet Comfort 15's. 

Thanks

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

http://www.amazon.com/Bose%C2%AE-AE2-audio-headphones-Black/dp/B00478O0JI

some of the comfiest ones ive ever worn. they cancel noise pretty darn well. 

there are better options but for the price, i think theyre worth it

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

ive used them for an extended period of time and the bose are far superior to any other headphones ive worn. the bose are by far the best option

Already have a pair of those ;) Those are the ones i'm replacing. They've taken quite a beating. 

I've also had them for two years. So it's expected. I'm honestly surprised they've lasted this long. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

God no.

Noise canceling headphones do bad things to the audio. You need a closed set of headphones.

Look for the dt 770 80 ohm or ATH-700x.

i have them exact headphones, they are extremely comfy light weight and decent at cancelling noise seen as there not noise canceling headphons. the sound is top quality

God no.

Noise canceling headphones do bad things to the audio. You need a closed set of headphones.

I'm looking for noise cancelling though... 

God no.

well bose noise cancelling doesnt affect the sound quality or anything at all

well bose noise cancelling doesnt affect the sound quality or anything at all

Lol, yes it does.

Closed headphones are "noise canceling".

Lol, yes it does.

You may not care, however I do. The ones you talked about look terrible. Aesthetically. By how they sound i have no idea. 

You may not care, however I do. The ones you talked about look terrible. Aesthetically. By how they sound i have no idea.

Who cares? Nobody will see you wearing them and neither will you when they're on your head. And it's not like the Bose headphones look good either. You can waste your money on crap headphones, go for it. I've offered my advice, good luck.

Who cares? Nobody will see you wearing them and neither will you when they're on your head. And it's not like the Bose headphones look good either. You can waste your money on crap headphones, go for it. I've offered my advice, good luck.

Well no. I use my headphones wherever i go. Like i always have them on. That's why i care. 

Well no. I use my headphones wherever i go. Like i always have them on. That's why i care. 

you mean you want fashion headphones? get sennheiser momentums instead in that case.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

you mean you want fashion headphones? get sennheiser momentums instead in that case.

I don't want fashion either. I want headphones that sound amazing. However don't look like shit. I'm business man. I can't look like some "Hipster" listening to my music. 

i would just get In-ears if i were you in that case.

I don't want fashion either. I want headphones that sound amazing. However don't look like shit. I'm business man. I can't look like some "Hipster" listening to my music. 

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i would just get In-ears if i were you in that case.

This is going to make me sound even more difficult. I hate having things in my ears xD I'll just go with the Bose ones. Thanks anyways guys. 

Lol, yes it does.

not on the bose....well maybe they do but the sound quality is far superior to any others

youre 16..............................business man?

i personally would just get another pair of Bose....they look classy, sound great, and they do a pretty nice job cancelling sound. they also are weightless and comfortable. 

Sorry this turned into a huge argument 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

youre 16..............................business man?

i personally would just get another pair of Bose....they look classy, sound great, and they do a pretty nice job cancelling sound. they also are weightless and comfortable. 

Sorry this turned into a huge argument 

I know. I didn't want it to... 

I'm 16 and I work at a computer store. I represent a company on a day to day basis in business. I think of myself as a business man.... You might not think so though. 

I own the ae2's and love them, very comfortable, good sounding, and decent (passive) noise canceling.

my preference overall is for passive noise cancelling I tried the qc15 out at a store but the noise cancelling effect felt like a weird disorienting pressure wave on my head. 

the audio technica anc9 is supposed to be a direct competitor to the qc15 and the anc9 has the ability to change the level of noise cancelling to various levels meaning you don't have to go all out pedal to the metal full on pressure noise cancelling all the time. . it would be my choice but I much prefer passive noise cancelling. 

I find active noise cancellation gimmicky. Unless you are in a VERY loud environment (Hearing damage levels) and need to listen to music closed back headphones with a proper seal are perfectly fine.

When I use to DJ, my Sony MDR-V700's could block out a clubs PA system. No active cancellation needed. Why do you think you see lots of DJ's wearing only one earcup on, or why dj headphones articulate the way they do? Can't mix audio with both earcups on.

BTW I'm not telling anyone to buy the MDR-V700's... they are made in the past for a specific use case... cueing up and beat matching If you don't know what that is, or are not a DJ then forget about them.