Should I Get a Heaphone Amp?

I have the Asus Xonar DX 7.1 sound card and Pioneer SE - M531 headphones. I'm satisfied with my bass when the headphones vibrate on my head. I know, I know, feel free to judge me, but that's how I enjoy my music and stuff.

The thing is that if I turn the volume up (usually past the 50% margin) the bass gets "squashed" sometimes. It's a very similar effect to having a normalization feature enabled (I don't actually have anything of the sort enabled). It's clear that these headphones can't take this much input just like that.

So here's my thinking: I could set the volume to, say, 25% in Windows and then use a headphone amp to make it louder. In my head, at that point the headphones should be able to keep up with my demands because I would be supplying them with more power to drive the drivers.

I don't know if that's how it works in real life though, because I'm not an audio engineer and I can't borrow a headphone amp from a friend because none of them have one. Before I spend money on an amp I'd like to know whether this will actually work.

So here's my question: Will my headphones be able to output loud bass without a "normalization" effect if I amplify the output from my sound card? Or is it a matter of getting better headphones?

You're looking at getting some new headphones, these guys aren't power hungry either, and also don't blow out your earballs man.

The DX does not have a headphone output as far as I know, so you would benefit from an amp. If it does have one, it wouldn't be very substantial.