First PC Build- Can I drive the cost lower?

I've recently started planning to do my first PC build, but before that I would like to ask If I can possibly drive the cost parts lower.

I have attached an image with my planned parts, prices are in Philippine Peso. 

I would like to keep the GTX 1050 Ti as well as I would also like to keep the motherboard to at least ATX form factor.

PCparts.jpg

You don't need all the parts below (thermal paste comes with boxed intel fan, it works fine).

Use a cheaper RAM (if you could find a cheaper one).

I prefer Samsung EVO SSD more.

I would recommend you buying a bigger hard drive, at least 2TB.

You don't need that aftermarket CPU cooler. Intel fan works fine, unless you want to make your PC looks cooler.

1 minute ago, SnackbarHunter said:

I've recently started planning to do my first PC build, but before that I would like to ask If I can possibly drive the cost parts lower.

I have attached an image with my planned parts, prices are in Philippine Peso. 

I would like to keep the GTX 1050 Ti as well as I would also like to keep the motherboard to at least ATX form factor.

PCparts.jpg

Do you have a local OC part place that does price matching because I will lower the cost

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Except for the thermal paste you don't need all your misc. stuff. maybe you can get a used case on the cheap somewhere? That's the easiest way to save a few bucks most of the time. 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

8 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

You don't need all the parts below (thermal paste comes with boxed intel fan, it works fine).

Regarding RAM, that was the cheapest 2400 I could find with a high number of respectable reviews, same thing with the SSD.

Honestly I don't need 2TB, for now at least, since I currently have a laptop with a 1TB hardrive. 

8 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Do you have a local OC part place that does price matching because I will lower the cost

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. :(

1 minute ago, SnackbarHunter said:

You know how Best Buy has price matching that's what I mean

2 minutes ago, SnackbarHunter said:

Regarding RAM, that was the cheapest 2400 I could find with a high number of respectable reviews, same thing with the SSD.

Honestly I don't need 2TB, for now at least, since I currently have a laptop with a 1TB hardrive. 

You can steal HDD for sure, but i can't enter the picture you uploaded

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Get 1x8gb instead.

PSU seems a bit sketchy, look at Seasonic S12ii/m12ii or cxm grey sticker unit instead.

How much more is an rx 470 or 570 over the 1050 ti?

Aftermarkst cooler not needed.

Unless you get shocked a lot in your house, a modmat is definitely not needed.

17 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

You don't need that aftermarket CPU cooler. Intel fan works fine, unless you want to make your PC looks cooler.

The ssd is fine, they don't need to pay more for something that won't even benefit them that much.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

The ssd is fine, they don't need to pay more for something that won't even benefit them that much.

I think 4GB x2 is better since the motherboard supports 4 DIMM slots. He can get a bit performance boost from the dual channel memory.

Yes, you are right, I am just too biased to Samsung SSDs.

22 minutes ago, SnackbarHunter said:

PCparts.jpg

you don't need any of the misc items or an aftermarket cooler, don't bother with those. don't spend so much on an ATX mobo when you won't even be using more than just 1-2 pci-e slots, get a cheap h110/b250 matx mobo instead. get a cheaper psu and case, tecware F3 should available for pretty cheap while a seasonic s12ii/eco or xfx ts would be cheaper and just as good.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

PSU seems a bit sketchy, look at Seasonic S12ii/m12ii or cxm grey sticker unit instead.

Vivo 24k is pretty decent, tier 3 on the list. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, DocSwag said:

@VIVO-US can tell us better but I recall in PSU Tier list discussion the 24K wasn't that bad

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Get 1x8gb instead

Depends on the pricing, 2x4 utilize dual channel memory and since he still has 2 more slots out of 4 in total it shouldn't be a problem upgrading down the road

21 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

Preference is usually a bad way of recommending things imo. One might prefer a bad product because it works but professional reviewers might say otherwise

1 minute ago, dlink377 said:

I think 4GB x2 is better since the motherboard supports 4 DIMM slots. He can get a bit performance boost from the dual channel memory.

Yes, you are right, I am just too biased to Samsung SSDs.

Perf boost is relatively minimal, and it allows upgrading to 32gb pretty easily.

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

Vivo 24k is pretty decent, tier 3 on the list. 

Wasn't sure and was too lazy to check :P 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

don't spend so much on an ATX mobo when you won't even be using more than just 1-2 pci-e slots

well don't you just love building pc in an atx mobo instead of crapming stuff on a micro atx?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

@VIVO-US can tell us better but I recall in PSU Tier list discussion the 24K wasn't that bad

Depends on the pricing, 2x4 utilize dual channel memory and since he still has 2 more slots out of 4 in total it shouldn't be a problem upgrading down the road

Preference is usually a bad way of recommending things imo. One might prefer a bad product because it works but professional reviewers might say otherwise

In say 2-3 years 16gb might start to be limiting, who knows. Dual channel won't have much of a perf boost.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

well don't you just love building pc in an atx mobo instead of crapming stuff on a micro atx?

i love to save money FAR more than having those few extra slots or bigger space. that's why i got the bare AF x79 mobo that can't even set my ram to 1600mhz like it should be :P

Just now, DocSwag said:

In say 2-3 years 16gb might start to be limiting, who knows. Dual channel won't have much of a perf boost.

i know 16gb will eventually start limiting your fps, but not anytime soon

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

Perf boost is relatively minimal, and it allows upgrading to 32gb pretty easily.

I doubt the user need more than 16GB in the future, especially he only uses pentium processors.

But yes, the performance boost is pretty minimal, it is just good when you use the iGPU.

For OP, if you can find 8GB single for cheap, i think it is another good option.

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes, my bad. I just say prefer samsung SSD on my first post. Should give some research about the performance difference between two ssd first.

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Luckily Vengeance RGB and Dominator Platinum has the right choice for 32GB RAM

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

15 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

You know how Best Buy has price matching that's what I mean

Oh, you mean a site where I can compare prices between different sites :P and yeah... I managed to find one xD hopefully I can compare prices and get cheaper same parts later xD

9 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

ATX mobo when you won't even be using more than just 1-2 pci-e slots, get a cheap h110/b250 matx mobo instead

I was thinking of future prepping, for upgrades in the near future though ;)

Just now, SnackbarHunter said:

you only need 1 slot for a graphics card, and maybe 1 more slot if you want to add in a wireless adaptor. you won't need so many slots so don't spend more on it. instead, spend the money on a better graphics card, like a gtx 1060 6gb or rx 480/580.

8 minutes ago, SnackbarHunter said:

Oh, you mean a site where I can compare prices between different sites :P and yeah... I managed to find one xD hopefully I can compare prices and get cheaper same parts later xD

Yep that's how I'm going to get a 1070 for cheaper

18 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

17 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

I doubt the user need more than 16GB in the future, especially he only uses pentium processors.

But yes, the performance boost is pretty minimal, it is just good when you use the iGPU.

For OP, if you can find 8GB single for cheap, i think it is another good option.

Yes, my bad. I just say prefer samsung SSD on my first post. Should give some research about the performance difference between two ssd first.

Can upgrade to i7 in the future.

The thing is, the boost dual channel will give is minimal, maybe 2-3%, max. It's not that worth it.

The extra room for upgradibility, on the other hand, might actually matter.

It's something that doesn't matter, vs something at may or may not matter. IMO, the choice is obvious.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler