Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters

whatthe_fuzz

***NO SPOILERS***

Finished this movie a day or two ago and well...not impressed. It's linear and frankly uneventful. The parts that should have some sort of suspenseful action turn into this predictable, childish, crappy CGI infested nightmare of an attempt at action. Basically, it became predictable and kinda too "happy-go-lucky"/happy ending. 

The plot as a whole is pretty empty. Kinda like Final Fantasy where you run through a level, beat the boss, repeat. 

The movie lacks substance. First 10min into the thing and you can not only guess the ending but you can guess the events leading up to it. Very lacking of real substance.

i read the books years ago and from what i remember, there are some major plot holes that are NOT portrayed properly. Could be wrong but it seems that the movie took it's own ideas and added a twist...

The only good thing that came from this movie was excessive footage of

Alexandra-Daddario-Sea-of-Monsters.jpg

@Sarcasm

I personally would not recommend this movie whatsoever unless you love Ms. Daddario (we all know one guy...) or if you're a huge fan of the books. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Watched it, not so entertaining. Are we giving out websites for free movies now?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I would take down that link it's kinda against CoC :P

also that image of alexandra will give me nightmares

I would take down that link it's kinda against CoC :P

its not against CoC?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I was gonna wait for the Blu-Ray releases. But I think the series as a whole gets far too much shit. I enjoyed The Lightning Thief, and that isn't just because of Ms Daddario. Texas Chainsaw was fucking horribad, and even she couldn't save that.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

it's piracy in it's own form

uploading is illegal. 

downloading is illegal

streaming is legal. 

its like going to movie theater where someone else paid for your ticket

I think ive read the whole series about 7 times now.........The movies are just aweful

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

That's against CoC regardless of grey areas.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Watched it, not so entertaining. Are we giving out websites for free movies now?

i have no clue <_<

I was gonna wait for the Blu-Ray releases. But I think the series as a whole gets far too much shit. I enjoyed The Lightning Thief, and that isn't just because of Ms Daddario. Texas Chainsaw was fucking horribad, and even she couldn't save that.

dont even bother. not worth your money. just buy a video montage of your girl....

I think ive read the whole series about 7 times now.........The movies are just aweful

do you know if tthere were any wholes/plot changes?

That's against CoC regardless of grey areas.

its 100% legal. there really isnt any grey area?

uploading is illegal. 

downloading is illegal

streaming is legal. 

its like going to movie theater where someone else paid for your ticket

The movie is illegally obtained so....

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

dont even bother. not worth your money. just buy a video montage of your girl....

Who said I was buying it? Also, Alex should really stick with her natural colour.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

The movie is illegally obtained so....

for all we know it could have been legally obtained. there's no downloading therefor its legal. 

if i borrow a friends netflix account that i do not pay for, is that illegal?

for all we know it could have been legally obtained. there's no downloading therefor its legal. 

if i borrow a friends netflix account that i do not pay for, is that illegal?

Streaming is illegal if you're not using a paid service or accredited by the studio. ever read the agreements in movies?

when you buy a film you buy it for PERSONAL use, so even if the streamer bought it legally, he's obviously not using it for personal usage. its against CoC, regardless of your personal opinions on "streaming"

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

When i saw the trailer for this movie I thought, "Why?"

wasn't the first one horrible enough?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I have removed the link. 

I have removed the link. 

It seems you removed the only thing people wanted to talk about in this thread. :huh:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.