i dont know what gpu to get in my laptop

so long story but am selling my current rig to a friend its a 7600k with a rx480 16gb ram and am replacing it with a laptop the specs i need are as follows:

5 usb ports (2keyboard 1 mouse 1 headset 1 for mousepad i have a firefly)

be as powerful as my current rig (i dont know if the 1060m is as good as the 1060/rx480 if not the 1070)

my monitor has 2 usb ports on it that be be connected to 1 usb on the laptop

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

First off - Why sell your rig? It's miles better and cheaper than most laptops on the market, and even if you do find a laptop that manages to keep up, it'll create an enormous crater in your wallet.

Secondly, I'd go for the HP Omen 17-w102na and I'd buy a USB hub to go with it. It can't keep up with your PC exactly, but it should be fine.

i think the 2016 macbook will serve all your needs. for just 300dollars extra you can get a 1.2GHz dual-core inrel core m5(what a SCREAMER) and the integrated graphics will blow your mind. +that one usb c port will turn into 5 ports easily with a dozen adapters.

1 minute ago, ben dover kid said:

i think the 2016 macbook will serve all your needs. for just 300dollars extra you can get a 1.2GHz dual-core inrel core m5(what a SCREAMER) and the integrated graphics will blow your mind. +that one usb c port will turn into 5 ports easily with a dozen adapters.

LMAO

3 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

No laptop CPU I know of will beat out a desktop 7600k

2 minutes ago, 1kv said:

First off - Why sell your rig? It's miles better and cheaper than most laptops on the market, and even if you do find a laptop that manages to keep up, it'll create an enormous crater in your wallet.

Secondly, I'd go for the HP Omen 17-w102na and I'd buy a USB hub to go with it. It can't keep up with your PC exactly, but it should be fine.

did either of u read the post at all

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Wait a month for the Ryzen laptops to hit. Should lower prices. Plus the Ryzen/Vega laptops look awesome. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, CatXice said:

I did.. 

Long story short;

No laptops I know of that are atleast around $1000 at base config can even start to keep up with your PC.

1 minute ago, CatXice said:

Yes I did but were trying to make sense of why in the world you would sell that laptop. Your just not going to get the same performance due to heat. (cooler parts run better)

Just now, 1kv said:

I did.. 

Long story short;

No laptops I know of that are atleast around $1000 at base config can even start to keep up with your PC.

its an rx480.... the a 1080 in a laptop would slap it around but i dont need that level of power i want somthing that will match my current rigs performance 

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Just now, CatXice said:

its an rx480.... the a 1080 in a laptop would slap it around but i dont need that level of power i want somthing that will match my current rigs performance 

Any decent gaming laptop is close to your rig.

Just now, 1kv said:

Any decent gaming laptop is close to your rig.

the other guys just here to be a **** by the look of it but i want a gaming laptop coz i spend more time not at home then at home so its just easier for me to have a gaming laptop but will a 1070 match my performance of my current rig over be better coz i have a 1440p 144hz monitor atm 

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

4 minutes ago, CatXice said:

the other guys just here to be a **** by the look of it but i want a gaming laptop coz i spend more time not at home then at home so its just easier for me to have a gaming laptop but will a 1070 match my performance of my current rig over be better coz i have a 1440p 144hz monitor atm 

Should probably be okay..

8 minutes ago, CatXice said:

I use my Y700 professionally, you don't go looking for desktop performance. The more performance you have, the more heat and drain on the battery, plus you have to lug the damn thing around. Again.

Wait for the Ryzen laptops. Lighter, longer lasting batteries, better performance at the same price. 

12 minutes ago, CatXice said:

but will a 1070 match my performance of my current rig over be better coz i have a 1440p 144hz monitor atm 

wait do you intend to hook your laptop up to your monitor?!?! the way you said this is kinda confusing and if so why not just get a Mini ITX

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

I use my Y700 professionally, you don't go looking for desktop performance. The more performance you have, the more heat and drain on the battery, plus you have to lug the damn thing around. Again.

Wait for the Ryzen laptops. Lighter, longer lasting batteries, better performance at the same price. 

its purely for gaming on i want a laptop for the fact of making my life easier and it means that when i go to my girlfriends dads and when i go racing i can use it and when am at home i want it to give me the performance of my current rig 

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

2 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

wait do you intend to hook your laptop up to your monitor?!?! the way you said this is kinda confusing and if so why not just get a Mini ITX

i have 3 homes and i go racing every other weekend make my life easier i can just grab my laptop and mouse and go its smaller and easier and less space

My Build

i5-7600k

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

corsair void rbg (wired)

Just now, CatXice said:

its purely for gaming on i want a laptop for the fact of making my life easier and it means that when i go to my girlfriends dads and when i go racing i can use it and when am at home i want it to give me the performance of my current rig 

Ask yourself a few questions.

1) What percentage of the time will I be playing at my desk.

• If 80% or higher build a MITX HTPC and take it with you. 
  • If 50-79% look at your budget. If below 2000us build a HTPC, if above buy a laptop.
  • if below 49% buy a laptop. If your budget is below 2000 you will sacrifice performance.