Phantek 400 OR Masterbox 5?

So i am going to be getting a new case and i am on a budget and i have nailed it down to these 2 cases, And i can't decide what to get (You can suggest any case)

Both of the cases are decent airflow, And both have good cable management, But what the P400 has over the Masterbox 5 is 2 top mounted 140mm Fans, Where the masterbox 5 only has 1, Other then that both are pretty much the same, But the Phantek p400 also has a LED strip on the bottom front, And also has velcro straps in the back for cable management, So i can't decide so i have come to you guys to decide for me! :) 

Masterbox 5:https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119314&cm_re=Masterbox_5-_-11-119-314-_-Product

Phantek P400: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854048&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cases+(Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form)-_-N82E16811854048&gclid=CjwKEAjwjPXIBRDhwICRg-DbgHISJADP6QXpmhUepzs32uXAxXiz9_11Mrc-mXcwG_RRiPnqSwvumRoCv_vw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Personally I am not a fan of Red, but I prefer how clean the inside of the Phantek is along with the TG side panel. That would be my choice out of the two; I think I would enjoy cable management more in that case as well.  

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

Fan doesn't matter much, the main question is if YOU want LEDs and if you want the extra velcro straps (for me it doesn't matter since I bought a few hundred velcro straps :P) but for you it might matter.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, sauce-c said:

Personally I am not a fan of Red, but I prefer how clean the inside of the Phantek is along with the TG side panel. That would be my choice out of the two; I think I would enjoy cable management more in that case as well.  

Yes i agree it is cleaner, And it also has rubber around the cable management holes :D 

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Fan doesn't matter much, the main question is if YOU want LEDs and if you want the extra velcro straps (for me it doesn't matter since I bought a few hundred velcro straps :P) but for you it might matter.

Well i am 15 and broke, So free extras for me is a bonus.

Hands down the P400 .... so sexy 

Let's agree to disagree

I've got the P400s TG myself and it's an absolutely stunning case and a pleasure to build in. I would totally recommend it over the Masterbox 5. You won't be disappointed.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

6 minutes ago, Doritojoe said:

Well i am 15 and broke, So free extras for me is a bonus.

P400 is a bit more expensive tho?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Phanteks cases are great quality.

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

Just now, Doritojoe said:

It is 62 dollars on amazon actually for the gray version https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLHP5HS/ref=twister_B01DCN8D8W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Personally, P400 is just flat out better, I've always thought of the masterbox 5 as below the s340 and p400s as on the same level as the s340 elite, which puts the p400 between the s340 and elite.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Personally, P400 is just flat out better, I've always thought of the masterbox 5 as below the s340 and p400s as on the same level as the s340 elite, which puts the p400 between the s340 and elite.

I will be going with the P400 then thank you very much for the awesome help!

3 hours ago, Doritojoe said:

So i am going to be getting a new case and i am on a budget and i have nailed it down to these 2 cases, And i can't decide what to get (You can suggest any case)

Both of the cases are decent airflow, And both have good cable management, But what the P400 has over the Masterbox 5 is 2 top mounted 140mm Fans, Where the masterbox 5 only has 1, Other then that both are pretty much the same, But the Phantek p400 also has a LED strip on the bottom front, And also has velcro straps in the back for cable management, So i can't decide so i have come to you guys to decide for me! :) 

Masterbox 5:https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119314&cm_re=Masterbox_5-_-11-119-314-_-Product

Phantek P400: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854048&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cases+(Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form)-_-N82E16811854048&gclid=CjwKEAjwjPXIBRDhwICRg-DbgHISJADP6QXpmhUepzs32uXAxXiz9_11Mrc-mXcwG_RRiPnqSwvumRoCv_vw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yep.  Go with the P400.  My wifes first case was the Masterbox 5 and its alright.  Its a nice case for a media center in my opinion.  Which is what we are using it for now.  But the P400 is what we are both running after she saw mine and fell in love with it.  Awesome to build in with tons of filters, good cable management, and more room than you'll actually know what to do with.  If you want pics of our builds just message me.  I can show you the builds from all angles.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop