Video editing PC with a few quirks.

GM Rod

So!

I have searched and searched for this and haven't found good suggestions, so here goes.

I want to build a PC for video editing (Full Adobe suite + Resolve).
For more specifics, I need to go full 4K, I want live previews at full res, please.

Now, there's PLENTY of builds for editing around, but I want two other things:

- It must be QUIET. I don't wanna hear that thing turned on at all.
- It must be WHITE. I'd like to have it COMPLETELY white if possible (cable mods, the works).

Budget is around $3.000 USD.

Looking around, I've seen many quiet builds and many white builds, but never both at the same time, for EDITING and not gaming (I already have a gaming PC).

Thoughts?

I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me.

There is a fine line between gaming PC and a editing PC. Why can't you use your gaming PC as a editing one? 

Why spend another 3k? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

There is a fine line between gaming PC and a editing PC. Why can't you use your gaming PC as a editing one? 

Why spend another 3k? 

very true, already have a beast of a PC. maybe just add a Titan 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

4 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Why spend another 3k? 

This is a great question.

It's for organizational purposes. I want to have each PC in a different room, and I want to be able to have one available for its task while the other is being used. This is a scenario of me moving in with my GF, and she's a gamer also. We won't get her a gaming PC at first so this is a good way to split PC usage.

Also if one crashes I can still use the other one. I love having this right now (I also have a Mac Pro trashcan edition). The Mac Pro is going in a recording studio though, after the move, so it won't be available for home use. Right now the Mac is my editing computer...

I guess that's it then. Just build another gaming PC and use that.

On 5/15/2017 at 1:09 PM, 1kv said:

I'll make a PC Part picker for you.

One sec.

That'd be nice...

But I'd love some reasons why you picked this or that part.

5 hours ago, GM Rod said:

That'd be nice...

But I'd love some reasons why you picked this or that part.

Alright. I ended up losing the pcpartpicker list :/

I'll make a new one (it's really quick so don't worry) 

Would you not be better swapping the 7700k with a 6800k as it has 2 extra cores and would be better for editing/rendering (and costs only $50 more)?

----------------------------
        Weem

On 5/14/2017 at 5:10 PM, GM Rod said:

So!

I have searched and searched for this and haven't found good suggestions, so here goes.

I want to build a PC for video editing (Full Adobe suite + Resolve).
For more specifics, I need to go full 4K, I want live previews at full res, please.

Now, there's PLENTY of builds for editing around, but I want two other things:

- It must be QUIET. I don't wanna hear that thing turned on at all.
- It must be WHITE. I'd like to have it COMPLETELY white if possible (cable mods, the works).

Budget is around $3.000 USD.

Looking around, I've seen many quiet builds and many white builds, but never both at the same time, for EDITING and not gaming (I already have a gaming PC).

Thoughts?

@GM Rod let us know if you have any questions or need assistance when you purchase. :)

On 5/20/2017 at 9:06 AM, WeeemRCB said:

Would you not be better swapping the 7700k with a 6800k as it has 2 extra cores and would be better for editing/rendering (and costs only $50 more)?

I'd like to see an answer for this question.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cowpker4life/saved/CymTWZ

All white build pretty much could find more white or go with more ram as that is only around $2000 or could go with anther 1080ti or could get a titan Xp but they are not worth the price imo has 2 1080ti's are almost the same price of one titan Xp. But r7 1700 the 8 cores will help with the work station part and should oc to 4 or 4.1ghz like all ryzen chips have been lately it is cooled by a AIO to help keep noise down but could go custom water loop for even less noise most likey. The ram is white and I beleive it is the same ram that linus did a review on a bit ago about plasma ram it was the most white looking ram i could find as you said you wanted it all white the mobo is mostly white with some black acesnts hard to find pur white psu is all white case is mostly wHite as well along with custom cabling from cable mod is including in the price.

Now we're talking! Thank you!

EDIT: Whoops. 404 error on that link.

Edited by GM Rod