Firecuda SSHD vs 7200 RPM SATA drives

Castdeath97

Hi,

I have been wondering which one of these should I get for mass storage for my new laptop (Defiance III). I heard that the 2.5" Firecuda is using a 5400 RPM drive so will the cache make up for it or will the Sata III 7200 RPM drive still be better?

PS: I will be getting a 250GB SSD along with the drive.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Get The 7200HDD. I heard that SSDH's are REALLY not worth it. They take to long to set up the cache and fail a lot. Is will better just using the SSD and the HDD.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

whoops delete this one see below

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

Hi,

I have been wondering which one of these should I get for mass storage for my new laptop (Defiance III). I heard that the 2.5" Firecuda is using a 5400 RPM drive so will the cache make up for it or will the Sata III 7200 RPM drive still be better?

PS: I will be getting a 250GB SSD along with the drive.

I've had an SSHD in my system for the last 3 years. It requires no extra set up steps, and is significantly faster than any normal HDD. I would highly recommend getting one. But like most components it depends on your use case. For mass storage such and pictures, videos and docs, go for an HDD, theres no real need for the extra speed. However if you're going to be putting games on it, specifically multiplayer games I'd recommend the SSHD, the load times are significantly faster. I also put a 1TB SSHD in my laptop along with the 120GB SSD and its great. However when it fills up I'm thinking ill just get a massive HDD for more storage

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

8 hours ago, hmminteresting said:

I've had an SSHD in my system for the last 3 years. It requires no extra set up steps, and is significantly faster than any normal HDD. I would highly recommend getting one. But like most components it depends on your use case. For mass storage such and pictures, videos and docs, go for an HDD, theres no real need for the extra speed. However if you're going to be putting games on it, specifically multiplayer games I'd recommend the SSHD, the load times are significantly faster. I also put a 1TB SSHD in my laptop along with the 120GB SSD and its great. However when it fills up I'm thinking ill just get a massive HDD for more storage

I got a single 500 GB SSD instead since I think it will suffice for me for a while, but thanks for the input.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide