Getting bored with gaming... so bored.

killcomic

Lately I've been feeling kind of unsatisfied with gaming. It feels like I just mindlessly plough through one game after another just so I can finish it and not feel like I wasted my money.

Maybe I've been spoiled by too much Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Metro Last Light, all games that I go back to play over and over again.

Probably the last thing I played that excited me was Bayonetta, and lordy is that a good game!

BF1 was meh, so was Dead Rising 4, Titanfall 2, Assassin's Creed Syndicate (couldn't even bother finishing it), Far Cry Primal, COD Infinity Warfare and MGS V. Not even GTA V held my interest!

Anyone else feels a bit burnt out with gaming?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

is rise of the tomb raider really that good? comparable to witcher 3 and metro last light? it may be worth picking up then.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

yup, i was looking at my games i have more then playing them, so i decided to go out and get a real life. kinda replaced it with friends and doing stuff,

I still play PUBG after work tho 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

if you want something fresh to try old n64 legend of Zelda games or get a switch to play the breath of the wild, life is strange, KSP, CIV, ps3 games such as last of us. try a diffrent game than you are used to or take a break from gaming, pick up another hobby. make friends.  

2 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

is rise of the tomb raider really that good? comparable to witcher 3 and metro last light? it may be worth picking up then.

I can't stop playing it. Even now I have the urge to have another playthrough

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if you want something fresh to try old n64 legend of Zelda games and breath of the wild, life is strange, KSP, CIV, ps3 games such as last of us. try a diffrent game than you are used to or take a break from gaming, pick up another hobby. 

Oh, I have another hobby (a serious hobby that takes most of my time and does make me a bit of cash on the side) and have very little time to play, so when I play something I want it to be really good. Lately I've been feeling like I've wasted my time just going through games that leave very few impressions on me.

But yeah, I could try an N64 emulator and play Star Fox. I've always wanted to try that game, now that I think about it.

6 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

yup, i was looking at my games i have more then playing them, so i decided to go out and get a real life. kinda replaced it with friends and doing stuff,

I still play PUBG after work tho 

I play to get away from real life. Have too much of it at the moment!

1 hour ago, killcomic said:

I play to get away from real life. Have too much of it at the moment!

I see most people doing that to get away from problems.

I find hangout with friends going to the movies or amusement parts even just taking some dabs and listening to music with some friends is a HUGE stress reliever for me.

maybe get into VR that will get you back into gaming like it did with me. untill you get bored of it which was a few months for me.

1 minute ago, HunterSkater429 said:

I see most people doing that to get away from problems.

I find hangout with friends going to the movies or amusement parts even just taking some dabs and listening to music with some friends is a HUGE stress reliever for me.

Wife, kids, work and mortgage limits my options. I also have a fairly serious hobby that takes most of my time (but it does make me a bit of cash on the side) so for the little amount of time I have to play games, I want to make it count.

You've become jaded, meaning you should probably take a meaningful break. It can happen to anyone both professionally and recreational. 

How often are you gaming?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Wait 2 years for Ashes of Creation. That's what I'm doing xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 minute ago, MegaDave91 said:

You've become jaded, meaning you should probably take a meaningful break.  It can happen to anyone both professionally and recreationally . 

How often are you gaming?

You could have a point there.

I usually game maybe  about 8 hours a week, usually on the weekend. it might not sound like much but I do go through a lot of games.

Well if you have free time I recommend trying out these games; Life is Strange (great story), Player Unknown's battlegrounds (single matches are fun but recommend playing with 1-3 people), and the somewhat new hitman game if you liked absolution (don't have all the episodes yet but of the ones that I have bought it's been a lot of fun)

8 minutes ago, killcomic said:

You could have a point there.

I usually game maybe  about 8 hours a week, usually on the weekend. it might not sound like much but I do go through a lot of games.

Playing the single player portion of the same games repeatedly may be the reason. You may just need to find a new game.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

1 hour ago, killcomic said:

Wife, kids, work and mortgage limits my options. I also have a fairly serious hobby that takes most of my time (but it does make me a bit of cash on the side) so for the little amount of time I have to play games, I want to make it count.

doesn't seem like it if you're burned out from gaming 

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Thats why u need to be focus on 1 games.

Boyy Metal gear solid V is a masterpiece i have finished it and it was 9/10

Bayonetta is not bad at all. its an old games so the gameplay is a bit awkward especially that motorcycle stage.

I am trying to finish fallout 4 and man that is a great game.

Yeah, that motorcycle bit is a bit... not quite right, and it goes on forrrrreeeeeeeeevvvvvveeeeeeerrrrr!

Amazingly, Fallout 4 didn't quite grab me, mind you I just came out of The Witcher 3. Perhaps I should reinstall it and give it another go.

Gaming is only fun when I have a real friend to play with

20 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

doesn't seem like it if you're burned out from gaming 

Yeah, but I do go through a lot of games. Don't ask me how it works but it does happen.

You also have to consider I've been playing games continuously since 1980. Yeah, pretty much my whole life.

Just now, soar said:

Gaming is only fun when I have a real friend to play with

Unfortunately the adult world is adult. You play when you are able to and with whoever or alone.

I'm in a similar spot, the only recent game I've really enjoyed is Nier Automata. Before that would be Witcher 3. 

Hopefully Darksiders 3 when it comes out next year will be really enjoyable. I really like hack and slash games plus I really liked the first two.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Yeah I felt the same way dude. Graduated from college last year and just really lost a lot of interest with games. More interested in films and fencing so really didn't play video games for two years. But just got a new gaming pc yesterday and I'm excited to revisit some games. Have you tried Prey? I've really liked it so far and it's like the child of system shock and deus ex.

My advice, go on an indie game spree, that's what I did.
There's so many great little games out there. Give Spelunky a go. And to name some more..
The Binding of Isaac
Nuclear Throne
Enter The Gungeon
SpeedRunners
Stardew Valley
Slime Rancher
Rimworld
Pit People
Orcs Must Die 2
FTL: Faster Than Light
Gmod is great. Jump into a game of prophunt or pedobear.
Desync...if you think you're good enough.
Duck Game.

There's plenty more too, but they're all little games that you can jump into and have a blast. Don't focus on AAA games, you'll miss out on so much if you do.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000