Any improvements to this build?

I intend on running triple a games on high - ultra settings 1440p 60fps for about three years.

will this build run high end games on settings stated above comfortable for the foreseeable future?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QsyT7h

Just now, Zic05 said:

There is no link 

lol yeah just added it sorry

2 minutes ago, Zic05 said:

Do you want to go higher than 60FPS and what is your budget

smooth 60fps with no dips and for $1400usd

Just now, Ruwaaid said:

smooth 60fps with no dips and for $1400usd

If you are in no rush to get a new PC then you should wait for VEGA with should be out in the beginning of June, it will cost about the same as the 1070 with 1080 performance

Furthermore, you need another motherboard and faster ram because of Ryzen's heavy depends on fast ram speeds because of its "Infinity fabric"

Just now, TheDane said:

If you are in no rush to get a new PC then you should wait for VEGA with should be out in the beginning of June, it will cost about the same as the 1070 with 1080 performance

Furthermore, you need another motherboard and faster ram because of Ryzen's heavy depends on fast ram speeds because of its "Infinity fabric"

I see, would appreciate it if you could recommend a motherboard and ram that would run well with ryzen and for a decent price, thanks.  

Well this will go over 60 FPS (get windows 10 on kingwin, I got it windows 10 pro for $40USD)

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ZIC/saved/HmdTWZ

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

Just now, Ruwaaid said:

I see, would appreciate it if you could recommend a motherboard and ram that would run well with ryzen and for a decent price, thanks.  

Sorry I just need some time to find the right ones

Here is a list with better components and a different and cheaper case:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6C2N7h

2 minutes ago, Zic05 said:

Well this will go over 60 FPS (get windows 10 on kingwin, I got it windows 10 pro for $40USD)

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ZIC/saved/HmdTWZ

Buying the 1600X over the 1600 is just plain stupid its the exact same chip and can give the same performance if you overclock, don't waste the 30$ upgrade something else in the system for that money

3 minutes ago, TheDane said:

Sorry I just need some time to find the right ones

Here is a list with better components and a different and cheaper case:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6C2N7h

thanks for your help

4 minutes ago, Ruwaaid said:

thanks for your help

Also please don't buy the monitor Zic05 listed it is a TN panel which means the worst colours possible if you want a higher refresh rate then try and get the Samsung c24fg70 it has 144Hz 1ms and quantum dot (1 billion colours) but only 1080p which isn't bad at all, because you gotta remember you aren't sitting one inch from the screen and it is very inexpensive

Hey. I like this build, however here are my recommendations.

1. Rather than use any fast ram kit, use a Ryzen certified kit like the G.Skill Flare X or Corsair Vengeance LPX.

2. Wait for VEGA. Even if you don't buy a VEGA GPU, it will disrupt the market and certainly lower high-end prices.

3. If you wanna be nitpicky, a Seagate Barracuda 1TB is a buck cheaper.

4. If you are looking for the upmost overclocking performance, get X370. I would recommend the asus prime X370 pro, if the white doesn't bother you. With asus' constant BIOS updates an patches, you should be able to get your RAM running at it's correct speed.

Hope this helps. 

EDIT* also for overclocking, an aftermarket CPU cooler may be in order. The wraith spire is good, however, if it's not within budget it could perhaps be added later

11 minutes ago, Ruwaaid said:

thanks for your help

Here is my final suggested build with another monitor and a lot of edited parts this should be the best way to spend your money, otherwise try looking at bitwits or pauls hardware build on youtube for a 1400$ build they build good PC's

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/X23XBP

And remember VEGA is almost here, so you can replace the 1070 for something cheaper and with 1080 performance

4 minutes ago, MrIvan said:

Hey. I like this build, however here are my recommendations.

1. Rather than use any fast ram kit, use a Ryzen certified kit like the G.Skill Flare X or Corsair Vengeance LPX.

2. Wait for VEGA. Even if you don't buy a VEGA GPU, it will disrupt the market and certainly lower high-end prices.

3. If you wanna be nitpicky, a Seagate Barracuda 1TB is a buck cheaper.

4. If you are looking for the upmost overclocking performance, get X370. I would recommend the asus prime X370 pro, if the white doesn't bother you. With asus' constant BIOS updates an patches, you should be able to get your RAM running at it's correct speed.

Hope this helps. 

EDIT* also for overclocking, an aftermarket CPU cooler may be in order. The wraith spire is good, but not the best. however, if a cooler's not within budget it could perhaps be added later

8 minutes ago, TheDane said:

Here is my final suggested build with another monitor and a lot of edited parts this should be the best way to spend your money, otherwise try looking at bitwits or pauls hardware build on youtube for a 1400$ build they build good PC's

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/X23XBP

And remember VEGA is almost here, so you can replace the 1070 for something cheaper and with 1080 performance

A few issues with that spec.

Why are you spending more on the cooler than the board ?

I would say that 16GB ram would be better. 

The SSD is too small. A 240/250 is the minimum I would want in a gaming pc.

The nex psu isn't the greatest. The G2/G3 versions are much better.

19 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

A few issues with that spec.

Why are you spending more on the cooler than the board ?

I would say that 16GB ram would be better. 

The SSD is too small. A 240/250 is the minimum I would want in a gaming pc.

The nex psu isn't the greatest. The G2/G3 versions are much better.

I know 16GB is better but he started with the 8 GB so I didn't change that for that reason

And I only selected that AIO cooler because I couldn't find the be quiet! cooler I was looking for. And I chose that board because it is one of the best B350 boards and the OP doesn't seem like he needs an X370 board for his needs.

Fixed the SSD and PSU (thanks for spotting the wrong PSU it was the G3 I meant to include)

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/h3rtz/saved/pGr8dC

31 minutes ago, TheDane said:

I know 16GB is better but he started with the 8 GB so I didn't change that for that reason

And I only selected that AIO cooler because I couldn't find the be quiet! cooler I was looking for. And I chose that board because it is one of the best B350 boards and the OP doesn't seem like he needs an X370 board for his needs.

Fixed the SSD and PSU (thanks for spotting the wrong PSU it was the G3 I meant to include)

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/h3rtz/saved/pGr8dC

Still not how I would do it.

Something like this is better:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($217.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.68 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($362.78 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: BenQ - GW2765HT 27.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor  ($322.09 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1443.77
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-09 17:18 EDT-0400

8 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Still not how I would do it.

Something like this is better:

Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($94.68 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($362.78 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: BenQ - GW2765HT 27.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor  ($322.09 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1443.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-09 17:18 EDT-0400

Saving 5$ on the PSU and losing 100W of potential power for future upgrades is just a stupid decision, also getting about 30GB more SSD and losing 1TB of additional storage at no change in the price is also stupid since a bigger HDD is the better futureproof decision since you should only install programs on an SSD and maybe a few games, but the rest should be on an HDD with all the files the OP would have. Again the case is also a bit of wasted money 20$ more than the one I found and yet the OP didn't seem to disagree with changing the case. But I do sorta like the screen upgrade, but I am still sure that the OP would be much happier for the one I linked since higher refresh rate in most games is way better than some pixel you really won't see anyways when you are gaming, but the added colors a quantum dot display delivers is something everyone will notice.

Motherboard: ASRock - X370 KILLER SLI/ac ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($138.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston - FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($82.98 @ PCM) 
Storage: Kingston - HyperX Fury 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($80.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card  ($474.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Acer G247HYU smidp 23.8-inch IPS WQHD (2560 x 1440) Display (Display Port, HDMI Port & DVI Port)  ($215.80 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1391.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-10 02:47 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

6 hours ago, TheDane said:

Saving 5$ on the PSU and losing 100W of potential power for future upgrades is just a stupid decision, also getting about 30GB more SSD and losing 1TB of additional storage at no change in the price is also stupid since a bigger HDD is the better futureproof decision since you should only install programs on an SSD and maybe a few games, but the rest should be on an HDD with all the files the OP would have. Again the case is also a bit of wasted money 20$ more than the one I found and yet the OP didn't seem to disagree with changing the case. But I do sorta like the screen upgrade, but I am still sure that the OP would be much happier for the one I linked since higher refresh rate in most games is way better than some pixel you really won't see anyways when you are gaming, but the added colors a quantum dot display delivers is something everyone will notice.

A 550W is more than enough for a single gpu setup. A system like this will probably use around 300W. The op has a 1TB HDD in his spec. I am going to assume he knows how much storage he wants. In any case adding a 2nd HDD in the future is easy if needed. I don't see the issue.

I am sure the screen you picked is nice, but the op wanted 1440p resolution not 1080p. Bit of a difference. The BenQ in my spec is IPS.

31 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

A 550W is more than enough for a single gpu setup. A system like this will probably use around 300W. The op has a 1TB HDD in his spec. I am going to assume he knows how much storage he wants. In any case adding a 2nd HDD in the future is easy if needed. I don't see the issue.

I am sure the screen you picked is nice, but the op wanted 1440p resolution not 1080p. Bit of a difference. The BenQ in my spec is IPS.

I chose that monitor since its the same size as the one he put on his parts list, and will give him something that he is actually able to see with the naked eye when using it from a normal distance, since 1440p at 23" at 60Hz and IPS is just silly to get if you can get 1080p at 23" at 144Hz and quantum dot. Because the refresh will make desktop and gaming purposes so much smoother that it is way more worth it to get the Samsung panel I suggested over the 1440p monitors everyone else have. Also because it's REALLY hard to see the difference in resolution when sitting at a normal distance from the monitor, but the higher refresh rate and better colours are something everyone will appreciate way more than 1440p.

And as i said before regarding the PSU the one i suggested is 5$ more than a good 550W and will help when he is overclocking and maybe adding a new GPU or something else down the road.

18 minutes ago, TheDane said:

I chose that monitor since its the same size as the one he put on his parts list, and will give him something that he is actually able to see with the naked eye when using it from a normal distance, since 1440p at 23" at 60Hz and IPS is just silly to get if you can get 1080p at 23" at 144Hz and quantum dot. Because the refresh will make desktop and gaming purposes so much smoother that it is way more worth it to get the Samsung panel I suggested over the 1440p monitors everyone else have. Also because it's REALLY hard to see the difference in resolution when sitting at a normal distance from the monitor, but the higher refresh rate and better colours are something everyone will appreciate way more than 1440p.

And as i said before regarding the PSU the one i suggested is 5$ more than a good 550W and will help when he is overclocking and maybe adding a new GPU or something else down the road.

It is still a 1080p monitor. Also which 23" 1440p are you on about ? The one in my spec is 27". Also refresh rate will never equal a better resolution. Sure a higher refresh rate is nice to have if you play a lot of FPS but you are looking at more money at 1440p for a G-Sync screen. If the op is happy to drop down to 1080p then that is up to him. I only specced what he asked for i.e 1440p.

If you don't need more than 550W then why go bigger ? Just because the difference in price might be $5 or $10 doesn't mean you have to spend it. Also if the op wanted to SLI then I would suggest 750W anyway. No single gpu setup these days should ever need more than a 550W unit.

5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

It is still a 1080p monitor. Also which 23" 1440p are you on about ? The one in my spec is 27". Also refresh rate will never equal a better resolution. Sure a higher refresh rate is nice to have if you play a lot of FPS but you are looking at more money at 1440p for a G-Sync screen. If the op is happy to drop down to 1080p then that is up to him. I only specced what he asked for i.e 1440p.

If you don't need more than 550W then why go bigger ? Just because the difference in price might be $5 or $10 doesn't mean you have to spend it. Also if the op wanted to SLI then I would suggest 750W anyway. No single gpu setup these days should ever need more than a 550W unit.

Someone else included another 1440p at 23" earlier in the thread. Also about only benefiting from higher refresh rates in FPS titles is simply not true. Everything, including web browsing or what every else you use you PC for, will be more fluent which is much nicer to see and much more noticeable than cranking up the resolution to 1440p instead of 1080p.

And the reason why he should go bigger on the PSU is.... it's only 5 dollars.... it doesn't take up more room in the cabinet or waste more power, so not spending an extra 5$, which is NOTHING.... is just silly since it is almost free additional and potentially useful power for later use