Pc build 2.0 ryzen or intel

Here is the delima i have here not too sure what to do either go with an intel bulid or a ryzen bulid the only difference between the both bulids is the CPU and the motherboard.

See here is the other problem I personally don't mind paying a little more for a pc that will last 5 years plus.

In theory i would love to stream/play games/and maybe a little bit of 3d modeling if i can learn it. With the possibility of upgrading/adding parts, though not sure about the vidoe cards since they dont really do anything much SLI anymore by my understanding 

The only problems I have is the following:

• Choosing a monitor set up would like 2 monitors but not sure what ones to get. Would love one to be in portrait mode.
  • Maybe some lights in the case (optional for now)
  • Would love to keep the price around 4000 nothing past 4500 getting a little too expansive with the taxes here in Quebec.
  • If they are better parts for certain thing could you please point them out on why its worth paying more or less for certain items
  • If I am missing anything please mention it

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor

or CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard

or Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory or Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (unless there is something better?)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 3TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (yes I know its a little much but thinking of the future)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home
Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

or Asus - MG248Q 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse  (Purchased)

Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers  (unless you have something better?)

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Keyboard, (just here for hoping it will fall in price)

Total: ~$4200

Thank you for you time,

TrueHawkEye.

7 minutes ago, TrueHawkEye said:

See here is the other problem I personally don't mind paying a little more for a pc that will last 5 years plus.

In theory i would love to stream/play games/and maybe a little bit of 3d modeling if i can learn it. With the possibility of upgrading/adding parts, though not sure about the vidoe cards since they dont really do anything much SLI anymore by my understanding 

ryzen, 8c/16t will help a lot with things like modeling and streaming. 

I would suggest you to go with Intel because there are a lot more with Intel which you can't do with the AMD Ryzen. 

Thanks...

Laptop: Asus R558U Notebook Series

Processor: Intel® Core i5™ 7200U clocked up to 3.1 Ghz

Memory: 12 Gigabytes of Crucial SODIMM Memory

HDD: 1 TB

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 940MX

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

like?

like for instance, you cant spend more money with intel by building an AMD rig. (amd cheaper for same core/thread, yes i know arc will be different and also core speed) but for modeling, the ryzen 1700 would be better than a 7700k for modeling

Ryzen all the way. 

Better bang for buck, cheaper mobos, Overclocking on 2/3 mobo types. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I have an 1800x with the exact same Mobo... I just have yet to boot it up for the 1st time...

also I bought the 1800x on day one hour one so I didn't know you could OC a 1700 and get the exact same thing...

Edit: I should say I am pro-ryzen on this one.

intel may get like 1 fps better in games but do you really care if you get 73 fps instead of 74 at 4k???

derp

8 minutes ago, Linksys120n said:

I have an 1800x with the exact same Mobo... I just have yet to boot it up for the 1st time...

also I bought the 1800x on day one hour one so I didn't know you could OC a 1700 and get the exact same thing...

Edit: I should say I am pro-ryzen on this one.

intel may get like 1 fps better in games but do you really care if you get 73 fps instead of 74 at 4k???

Ohh! Because here in India, Intel is  leading because of its price per performance...  May differ in other countries... Anyway...  Thanks for the info mate... After joining this forum I get a lot to learn from this community.. ?

29 minutes ago, TrueHawkEye said:

Here is the delima i have here not too sure what to do either go with an intel bulid or a ryzen bulid the only difference between the both bulids is the CPU and the motherboard.

The only problems I have is the following:

• Choosing a monitor set up would like 2 monitors but not sure what ones to get. Would love one to be in portrait mode.
  • Maybe some lights in the case (optional for now)
  • Would love to keep the price around 4000 nothing past 4500 getting a little too expansive with the taxes here in Quebec.
  • If they are better parts for certain thing could you please point them out on why its worth paying more or less for certain items
  • If I am missing anything please mention it

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor

or CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard

or Motherboard: Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory or Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (unless there is something better?)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 3TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (yes I know its a little much but thinking of the future)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home
Monitor: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

or Asus - MG248Q 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse  (Purchased)

Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers  (unless you have something better?)

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM Mechanical Keyboard, (just here for hoping it will fall in price)

Total: ~$4200

Thank you for you time,

TrueHawkEye.

reading this again...

ryzen 1700 non x and OC to 3.9 or so... it can take it.

I think gskill has a RED color RAM... get that

You only need 1 ssd so get a single 500G M.2

get the 3 or 4 TB internal drive

get windows 10 PRO not home...

is there even a difference between the monitors???

just get 2.1 channel speakers because I can never get my 5.1 setup to freakin work. the best I'll get is the left right middle and sub... the back speakers never work for me...

Do you REALLY need RGB on the keyboard REALLY???

thats just my jays 2 cents.

derp

6 minutes ago, Martin Noronha said:

Ohh! Because here in India, Intel is  leading because of its price per performance...  May differ in other countries... Anyway...  Thanks for the info mate... After joining this forum I get a lot to learn from this community.. ?

Isn't Intel's factory in India?? that may be why it's cheap there.

derp

3 minutes ago, Linksys120n said:

I guess there might be... 

16 minutes ago, Linksys120n said:

reading this again...

ryzen 1700 non x and OC to 3.9 or so... it can take it.

I think gskill has a RED color RAM... get that

You only need 1 ssd so get a single 500G M.2

get the 3 or 4 TB internal drive

get windows 10 PRO not home...

is there even a difference between the monitors???

just get 2.1 channel speakers because I can never get my 5.1 setup to freakin work. the best I'll get is the left right middle and sub... the back speakers never work for me...

Do you REALLY need RGB on the keyboard REALLY???

thats just my jays 2 cents.

well I thought the 1700x would be more stable than the 1700

well the reason i took 2 is one for the operating system and one for game/streaming  and the other drive for storage

why not home?

yes there is price and one has free-sync and the other does not and one is thinner then the other.

that would save me another 50+ i'll take that into considerations

not i dont it was just there that all.

@TrueHawkEye,

• If gaming is your principal use, the i7-7700K is still the best choice.
  • If you decide to go with Intel, consider a 2x16GB memory kit. This will leave room for an upgrade should that ever become necessary.
  • If you choose Ryzen, make sure the memory you pick is on the motherboard's memory QVL, (or the motherboard is on the memory QVL). I don't believe the Vengeance LED or TridentZ RGB memory in the OP is qualified for Ryzen.
  • Currently Ryzen has issues with larger capacity, higher speed memory kits. This may or may not be an issue that can be resolved with BIOS updates. Sadly, Ryzen does much better with faster memory. (Update: AMD is apparently releasing a microcode update that should resolve a lot of the memory controller issues.)
  • Consider a different storage solution. Instead of a 250GB 4-lane NVMe M.2 drive and a 500GB SATA III ssd, get a 1TB SATA III ssd. Not only would this simplify storage, it should improve overall productivity without a noticeable performance difference. A unit like the Crucial 1.1TB MX300 would even save a few dollars.
  • Unless there is a definite plan to add a second gpu, consider going with a 550W or 650W psu. Corsair RM550x or Corsair RM650x would be good choices.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 hours ago, Linksys120n said:

no factory for pc parts here in India even small pcbs are not manufactured here ..... only moserbear has factory that makes blank cd/dvds.

3 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

no factory for pc parts here in India even small pcbs are not manufactured here ..... only moserbear has factory that makes blank cd/dvds.

Oh I'm sorry I got confused with the other country that starts with an I... Israel

derp

18 hours ago, brob said:

@TrueHawkEye,

• If gaming is your principal use, the i7-7700K is still the best choice.
  • If you decide to go with Intel, consider a 2x16GB memory kit. This will leave room for an upgrade should that ever become necessary.
  • If you choose Ryzen, make sure the memory you pick is on the motherboard's memory QVL, (or the motherboard is on the memory QVL). I don't believe the Vengeance LED or TridentZ RGB memory in the OP is qualified for Ryzen.
  • Currently Ryzen has issues with larger capacity, higher speed memory kits. This may or may not be an issue that can be resolved with BIOS updates. Sadly, Ryzen does much better with faster memory. (Update: AMD is apparently releasing a microcode update that should resolve a lot of the memory controller issues.)
  • Consider a different storage solution. Instead of a 250GB 4-lane NVMe M.2 drive and a 500GB SATA III ssd, get a 1TB SATA III ssd. Not only would this simplify storage, it should improve overall productivity without a noticeable performance difference. A unit like the Crucial 1.1TB MX300 would even save a few dollars.
  • Unless there is a definite plan to add a second gpu, consider going with a 550W or 650W psu. Corsair RM550x or Corsair RM650x would be good choices.

well its going to be used for gaming and a bit of streaming with nothing too big of video editing.

Oh ok i'll keep that in mind. just a little hard to find I find

Well I have not looking into that, thanks for the heads up.

Really, it would bottle neck since its 3 different products and cause some problems? Ok i'll look in to that see what i can find.

I would love to add a second in the future but been hearing that adding a second gpu actually does nothing beneficial.

the only bigest problem i have is the monitors at this point

On 5/9/2017 at 9:41 AM, Martin Noronha said:

Me too, thanks Linus!

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol