Floatplane higher than 60fps?

So any chance floatplane club could have higher than 60fps on the video player?

just a thought, for gaming videos this would be great considering almost no sites have higher than 60fps videos.

CPU: i7-6700k  MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P  RAM: 16gb DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 Storage: 480gb Hyper X Savage & 2 WD 2TB 7200rpm PSU: EVGA Supernova 750w 80plusBronze Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms 1920x1080 OS: Windows 7 pro 64bit

I honestly don't know if they can. Iirc the stuff they use to record an hdmi connection or whatever doesn't go above 60fps.

I'm a big fan of high fps but i'm not sure it will make a huge difference... Maybe they should try to do a 120fps video, just 4 lolz.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Maybe they should try to do a 120fps video, just 4 lolz.

Won't that be slow mo? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

As of now most devices and monitors can only support up to 60hz playback, making the audience for high FPS videos, if any, very limited resulting in essentially diminishing returns for the time and probably money spent trying to make high fps available. Until we see 120hz displays in mobile devices/ average consumer grade electronics I have my doubts about 120fps video playback being available.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

yeah i dont know either, just a thought i had since i think it would be kind of cool. i have no idea how much storage space that would take up though, or how but i know alot of their community has 144hz monitors, plus they can just say "See, we can do it"

CPU: i7-6700k  MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P  RAM: 16gb DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 Storage: 480gb Hyper X Savage & 2 WD 2TB 7200rpm PSU: EVGA Supernova 750w 80plusBronze Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms 1920x1080 OS: Windows 7 pro 64bit

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Won't that be slow mo? 

Umm, i guess we are starting to confuse each other now :D

To answer your question, no, BUT slo-mo uses the same notation. I think.

When they say 120fps slo-mo it's a 120fps video played back at 30 or 60 fps, causing it to look like slow-motion.

If your monitor and everything else can handle 120fps playback and you would play it back at 120fps, it would look like normal.

What i meant was recorded at 120fps, played back at 120fps. You can play it back at 60fps but that would be 0.5x playback speed and causing it to look like slow motion.

I guess we need to somehow make it clear we are talking about playback fps or recorded fps because they aren't the same O_o

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

i meant somehow recorded at higher fps like 120 or 144fps and people with high refresh rate monitors being able to watch it at normal speed at 120 or 144hz, if that makes sense.

1 minute ago, DiabeticMadman said:

i meant somehow recorded at higher fps like 120 or 144fps and people with high refresh rate monitors being able to watch it at normal speed at 120 or 144hz, if that makes sense.

But why do you need high FPS video? It's not like you are watching a highly competitive esport game where every milliseconds matter. Do you really care if Linus rage feels smoother for the minority of people having a high refresh rate monitor (most watch on mobile and 60hz screen anyway)?

rip

it was just a thought or experiment, since maybe if or when they expand floatplane some other creators would do gameplay or something. i was just curious really since no other platforms for video playback have 120fps or higher.

one question :

1. WHY

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

There aren't gaming videos on floatplane though, so there is absolutely no point.

Really? What about Battlecouch?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Really? What about Battlecouch?

I am not a FPC member but do they release CSF videos there too or only LTT?

rip

3 minutes ago, rip said:

I am not a FPC member but do they release CSF videos there too or only LTT?

All LMG videos. LTT, CSF and TQ. Plus some exclusive changes for giving feedback and hearing about behind the scenes stuff. Like the recent change in sets.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

30fps for video is all you need.

Anything above is just wrong, the so called soap opera effect.

For games? 100% the more the better, but for video playback 30 is the sweet spot.

Fun Fact - The current settings for FPC is to copy the FPS of the original video, so if you were to have access to the CMS and uploaded a 100FPS video, the player would show you a 100FPS video to the users.

But realistically, I don't think it's really a good idea to go over 60FPS. Higher hosting prices (bandwidth, storage, transcoding) for a really low gain for the viewers experience.