This hits Linus hard...

genexis_x

The video Linus did was a better $1K build IMO because he did it without taking advantage of sales and/ or rebates

There's always going to be a debate about the best PC for $1000, it all depends on what you're doing.

20 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

The video is showing off a $1,000 PC, and how to build it, hence being called a "Build Guide". If it were called "Best PC for $1,000" or "Best $1,000 PC Build Guide", then yes, they should have definitely gone with better hardware, but instead, the video is called "$1,000 Gaming PC BUILD GUIDE!". It's showing how to make a $1,000 Gaming PC, not the best build you can make for $1,000.

If it was just a guide for how to build a PC then why bring up the price at all? As it is right now, someone who has a 1000 dollar budget will see this and thing "this is a guide on what I should do with my 1000 dollars".

A guide is defined as giving instructions on how or what to do. By putting the price in the title you are insinuating that if you have this amount of money, this is what you should buy. It's not a build guide. It's a 1000 dollar build guide.

And the parts Linus used were horrible, even if the video was released several months ago or whatever bad excuse Linus came up with.

Its just a computer

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

[removed]

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

8 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

Jesus. why did this this video cause so much controversy? who cares? If someone is building a PC on a budget they should be doing a shit ton of research

Because people love to find a reason to complain.  I could I can put together about 10 different $1000 builds right now that are good builds but not perfect.  Noting wrong with that.   The video didn't say "Perfect $1000 build" or "most cost efficient $1000 build"  It was a $1000 build guide.   Not perfect, but still a good system.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

19 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

Linus's was sponsored bro

He is a sellout!

17 hours ago, LAwLz said:

If it was just a guide for how to build a PC then why bring up the price at all? As it is right now, someone who has a 1000 dollar budget will see this and thing "this is a guide on what I should do with my 1000 dollars".

FFS... It's a "$1000 (Build Guide)" not a "($1000 Build) Guide"...

This is getting almost as ridiculous as people getting upset about him calling it "$1000 budget build guide" because it was a build guide with a $1000 budget and they read it as being a budget build guide that cost $1000...

18 hours ago, LAwLz said:

A guide is defined as giving instructions on how or what to do. By putting the price in the title you are insinuating that if you have this amount of money, this is what you should buy. It's not a build guide. It's a 1000 dollar build guide.

And the parts Linus used were horrible, even if the video was released several months ago or whatever bad excuse Linus came up with.

See, that's exactly how I interpreted it as well. If you title a video as, " Computer Build Guide," I would view it as a guide for how to put together a computer. Nothing else, because contextually that's all the meaning it holds. If you write it as, "$1000 Computer Build Guide," it has to have some extra meaning, because if it didn't, why add the price in the first place? Now, the exact meaning is debatable, but I agree with your conclusion as well. A person has a $1000 budget and they see this video and use it as a "helpful" guide to pick out all the rad gaming parts because Linus recommends it. If he didn't recommend using these parts, why would he use them in the video? Also, if Linus and be quiet! didn't want to give viewers the impression that these are the parts you should buy, why would they sponsor it and force Linus to use them in the build guide at all? They want people to buy their stuff, so of course they want people to think that buying a be quiet! cooler is better than getting a more powerful CPU. I don't get how people can think any differently. xD

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

1 hour ago, Shakaza said:

so of course they want people to think that buying a be quiet! cooler is better than getting a more powerful CPU. I don't get how people can think any differently. xD

lol

AMD Ryzen 7 1700, 3.75GHz, 1.3625v, AMD Wraith Spire.

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce, 1950MHz, 10.5GHz.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200, running at 2933. CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Bios v1.4.

EVGA 650GQ.

2x Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB running in raid 0.

4TB HDD.

Thermaltake View 28 Case.

LG 25" 2560x1080 IPS 60Hz, 25UM58-P. (ikr, upgrading soon).

3x Corsair SP120.

Redragon K550 RGB Mechanical Keyboard.

Logitech G300s.

Steelseries qck+ mousepad.

On 5/7/2017 at 10:19 AM, manikyath said:

this one isnt as nice looking as linus' build tho, and for some the looks matter ;)

I personally like Paul's a bit better but I also really like the S340 and really hate exposed hard drive cages.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

10 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I personally like Paul's a bit better but I also really like the S340 and really hate exposed hard drive cages.

i dont like either, but tastes differ ;)

At a certain point you take these build guides as guidance (hint, "guide" = "guidance").  You need to decide what fits your build better.

Sounds like LTT's annual build guide update fell into a block of time where there were other, possibly better build options coming onto the market.  I don't see any requirement for LTT to have any build guides that are always current with the technology.  I think they're covered by putting out content that reviews new products and options as they come out.

LTT is also not hiding the fact they are sponsored and use components provided from said sponsors.

And I don't think they've ever stated you can't use different components.

22 hours ago, Jade said:

Then why is this video not titled "How to assemble a computer 2017"? They wouldn't have made a big fuss about the parts used if it was simply an assembly guide.

Hmm... it's already called a "build guide"... at this point it's just a debate on semantics, and it can't hurt to be a bit more descriptive on what you're building - some things change depending on what you buy and for what purpose.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*