Why glass sideplates are always on the same side of case?

Balertax

So i wanted to buld a new pc, but i have a huge problem, i can't find a case that has tempered glass sideplate on right side of the case (motherboard on the other side).

I have two questions. 1) why are the transparent side panels always on left 2) Are there cases which have transparent sidepanel on right side? (ATX case)

Well, the ATX layout has to be flipped (like an old OEM PC) for the window to be on the other side. This is a little worse for airflow than standard ATX, so thats why most cases made for serious gamers aren't with the inverted layout.

I'd recommend a Corsair 600C.

Because it would show the back of the motherboard tray with all the cables running from the PSU !?!?

Edited by wkdpaul
Typos

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Well, thanks man, but dont you know about some more budget oriented case with MB on left? I just cant buy normal case... :D

Well, without inverting the system, this is what you'd see. 

riotoro-cr480-back-of-motherboard-tray.j

There are some cases with an inverted ATX layout which have the board facing to the right of the case, such as the Corsair 600C, which looks like this:

corsair-600c-6.jpg

Pretty much all components are designed to be in a traditional ATX layout, so things like logos and designs are upside down, such as the Geforce GTX logo on the card in the image above

1 minute ago, Balertax said:

Well, thanks man, but dont you know about some more budget oriented case with MB on left? I just cant buy normal case... :D

Inverted ATX cases all tend to be expensive. Corsair 600C is probably one of the cheapest Inverted ATX cases. 

Well, i dont relly care about invereted logos and such, but gotta hate myself for my house :D And you dont have to show me how it looks when you have transparent sideplate on right without inverted layot. so i guess i must mod another case...

To do this you'd have to mount the motherboard upside down, which si why most manufacturers have the window on the left.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*