Fuji xt20 vs Sony a6500

Which is a better option for 70% video and 30% pics? I will be using camera mainly on a tripod in front of me and very less without a tripod. Ibis is not that important but how bad is it on xt20 as compared to sony a6500? Also other options like video quality,battery life,c-af etc. Thank you 

12 minutes ago, apaar123 said:

Ibis is not that important but how bad is it on xt20 as compared to sony a6500? 

The XT20 doesn't have any in-body image stabilization, so if you intend to do any handheld video work, the a6500 is the better bet, even if you use stabilized lenses. The A6500 also has NFC connectivity while the XT20 does not, which might be important if you want to control it remotely.

The A6500 is also supposed to have one of the best autofocus systems on paper. I don't know exactly how they compare, but it has a hundred more focus points than the XT-20. 

The A6500 is also environmentally-sealed, while the XT-20 isn't. It's useful if you want to be able to shoot in rougher conditions, although you'll have to get environmentally-sealed lenses too.

I haven't tried either camera, but judging by features alone, if the additional benefits of the Sony A6500 are useful to you, then it's worth the extra.

I like the x-t20 more than the sony, but for your application the sony seems to be better. 

The touchscreen is more functional and it can be charged over usb. Glass on the fuji side is I believe better, especially given the price of sony lenses. 

IBIS is great when you have no stabilisation on the lens, if you do one of them may have to give, there is a possibility they may interfere with each other. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

I made the same decision about a month ago; however, for me it was more like 80% photo and 20% video.

I ended up going for the X-T20 because of its better and cheaper lens selection, the kit 18-55mm is f/2.8-4 is incredibly sharp and has 5 stops of stabilisation and a silent motor.

For video purposes I'd probably choose the A6500 because of that in-built stabilisation. The fuji is more of a photographers camera and lacks things like a monitoring 3.5mm jack or ability to charge whilst shooting video.

That said the X-T20 is no slack at video, it shoots 4K up to 29.97fps at high bit rates and no sensor cropping. Though it does lack the ability to shoot RAW video (slightly compensated by in built flat profiles) the X-T2 would be a better comparison to the A6500 no? The X-T2 does have RAW video profiles and a supersampled 4K output.

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

Shot some video today with the X-T20 if you want to have a look at quality straight out of camera (obligatory youtube compression complaint). Using the 35mm f/1.4 lens wide open. @apaar123

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering