I don't know how to plug front panel interface. No manual for the motherboard.

Just now, jake_bambrick said:

So your just putting it into a new case. There is no real need for it at the moment. So you don't need to put it anywhere. just plug your fan directly into the motherboard.

And new power supply.

3 minutes ago, fusar said:

And new power supply.

Yes that's fine.

4 minutes ago, fusar said:

And new power supply.

Although i would say the psu was a bit overkill.

14 minutes ago, jake_bambrick said:

Although i would say the psu was a bit overkill.

40% off

7 minutes ago, jake_bambrick said:

Nice!

Ok I turned my pc on and this shows up?

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, fusar said:

Ok I turned my pc on and this shows up?

image.jpg

Ok turn the pc off then back on. Then mash f2 or del to enter the bios.

Just now, jake_bambrick said:

Ok turn the pc off then back on. then mash f2 or del to enter the bios.

I'm in now what?

I'm not sure what the bios is like so you'll have to look around and configure it to boot from that device. Also did you connect the sata data cable to the motherboard?

5 minutes ago, jake_bambrick said:

I'm not sure what the bios is like so you'll have to look around and configure it to boot from that device. Also did you connect the sata data cable to the motherboard?

It looks like this I don't know what it's telling me to do

image.jpg

1 minute ago, fusar said:

It looks like this I don't know what it's telling me to do

image.jpg

Did you enable CSM?

1 minute ago, jake_bambrick said:

Did you enable CSM?

Yes.

Just now, fusar said:

Yes.

Now see is the motherboard detecting the Hard Drive. If it is then press F10 then ESC to exit the bios. Restart the system then it should boot normally.

The case may use a SATA connector for something it offers, like maybe a fan controller, or maybe an eSATA connector , or other things that are on the case.

If it's for a fan controller, then you may connect it to the power supply or not. For example, the fan controller won't need any power if you don't connect any fans to it : maybe you'd prefer to connect them directly to the motherboard and let the motherboard adjust the fan speed dynamically based on temperature)

Each hard drive needs a SATA data cable (the narrow one) and a SATA power cable (the wider one). Anything else that may be on a hard drive is something added by the manufacturer for special functions that you don't care about.

You can only plug a connector one way, ALL connectors in a computer are keyed, they won't easily fit the wrong way. The SATA connectors have an L shape, and as you can see some data cables also have a retention clip to make them harder to pull out (you squeeze that clip to remove the cable)

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

The case may use a SATA connector for something it offers, like maybe a fan controller, or maybe an eSATA connector , or other things that are on the case.

If it's for a fan controller, then you may connect it to the power supply or not. For example, the fan controller won't need any power if you don't connect any fans to it : maybe you'd prefer to connect them directly to the motherboard and let the motherboard adjust the fan speed dynamically based on temperature)

Each hard drive needs a SATA data cable (the narrow one) and a SATA power cable (the wider one). Anything else that may be on a hard drive is something added by the manufacturer for special functions that you don't care about.

You can only plug a connector one way, ALL connectors in a computer are keyed, they won't easily fit the wrong way. The SATA connectors have an L shape, and as you can see some data cables also have a retention clip to make them harder to pull out (you squeeze that clip to remove the cable)

Yeah the case has a L shaped plug. Should I plug that into my hard drive instead?

2 minutes ago, jake_bambrick said:

Now see is the motherboard detecting the Hard Drive. If it is then press F10 then ESC to exit the bios. Restart the system then it should boot normally.

How do I check if it's detecting?

2 minutes ago, fusar said:

How do I check if it's detecting?

You'll have to find it in the bios somewhere. It will just show up the name of the hard drive. Make sure you have the sata data cable connected to the hard drive and the motherboard. 

4 minutes ago, jake_bambrick said:

You'll have to find it in the bios somewhere. It will just show up the name of the hard drive. Make sure you have the sata data cable connected to the hard drive and the motherboard. 

I feel like the power might not be connected properly because it falls out easy. But idk how to fix.

8 minutes ago, jake_bambrick said:

It doesn't say anything about hard drive?

image.jpg

16 minutes ago, fusar said:

Yeah the case has a L shaped plug. Should I plug that into my hard drive instead?

The hard drive must have TWO cables:

* one SATA data cable (the narrow width one) connected between the motherboard and the hard drives.

* one SATA power cable that connects the hard drive to the power supply of your computer.

If the case has a fan controller, that fan controller needs power to work. In order to make it easier for you, the manufacturer of the case used the same connector hard drives use for power, so you can take one SATA power cable from the power supply and mate it with the connector used by the case to power the fan controller.  Is it clear so far ?

If the hard drive receives power, you SHOULD hear it spinning when you start the computer.

I'm still puzzled a bit about what motherboard you actually have. You said you have m5a97 evo 2 but the pictures on the Asus website show a motherboard with a slightly different layout compared to the pictures you posted here.

So what motherboard do you actually have? The model and revision is printed with bigger letter between extension slots on the motherboard. Could you maybe post a picture of the whole board, taken directly from above it (so we could read text from the motherboard)?

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

* one SATA data cable (the narrow width one) connected between the motherboard and the hard drives.

* one SATA power cable that connects the hard drive to the power supply of your computer.

If the case has a fan controller, that fan controller needs power to work. In order to make it easier for you, the manufacturer of the case used the same connector hard drives use for power, so you can take one SATA power cable from the power supply and mate it with the connector used by the case to power the fan controller.  Is it clear so far ?

OHHHHH

8 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Ok so plugging that in got my fans and led lights to turn on. But I still get that message.

12 minutes ago, mariushm said:

If the hard drive receives power, you SHOULD hear it spinning when you start the computer.

I'm still puzzled a bit about what motherboard you actually have. You said you have m5a97 evo 2 but the pictures on the Asus website show a motherboard with a slightly different layout compared to the pictures you posted here.

So what motherboard do you actually have? The model and revision is printed with bigger letter between extension slots on the motherboard. Could you maybe post a picture of the whole board, taken directly from above it (so we could read text from the motherboard)?

I feel like the hard drive isn't getting power because it falls of easily.

Now figure out if your hard drive is working or not.

Did you plug one end of the SATA data cable into one of the motherboard SATA connectors ?

Turn the computer on and place a finger on the metal case of the hard drive to sense if it vibrates, and/or bend down and try to listen and see if the hard drive makes some noise. If there's nothing, if it behaves like it's dead, maybe you didn't connect a power cable from the power supply to it? 

If everything seems to be connected properly, then there should be a menu in the BIOS where it lists all the SATA devices it detects. Have a look in the manual, there's a section there that goes through all the BIOS menus and tries to explain what some of things are.

Just scrolling through the PDF I see a picture there which seems to say you have to click on the Advanced button and there you probably have an option called SATA Configuration , and inside that the BIOS should show you all the devices it detects as connected to the motherboard through a SATA data cable.

4 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Now figure out if your hard drive is working or not.

Did you plug one end of the SATA data cable into one of the motherboard SATA connectors ?

Turn the computer on and place a finger on the metal case of the hard drive to sense if it vibrates, and/or bend down and try to listen and see if the hard drive makes some noise. If there's nothing, if it behaves like it's dead, maybe you didn't connect a power cable from the power supply to it? 

If everything seems to be connected properly, then there should be a menu in the BIOS where it lists all the SATA devices it detects. Have a look in the manual, there's a section there that goes through all the BIOS menus and tries to explain what some of things are.

Just scrolling through the PDF I see a picture there which seems to say you have to click on the Advanced button and there you probably have an option called SATA Configuration , and inside that the BIOS should show you all the devices it detects as connected to the motherboard through a SATA data cable.

Yeah I would say it's dead. Hard to tell with fans on but there's not vibration whilst touching.