The Linustechtips Folding@home Competition

I was totally in the running until Saturday! Went out and (finally, after 2-yrs of ignoring my want) picked up a new gpu, 660. Bumped my PPD up from 8-10k to 35-40k - was not expecting that, but certainly welcomed!

Yep - hopefully I can get some of those lower end users boosted up. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I was looking for a team with a lot of active users to make it a bit of fun while folding and I came across this team so i joined! Going to over take my old team in 2 weeks lol. Funny thing is I watch Linus Tech Tips on YouTube all the time lol helped me out a lot

I was looking for a team with a lot of active users to make it a bit of fun while folding and I came across this team so i joined! Going to over take my old team in 2 weeks lol. Funny thing is I watch Linus Tech Tips on YouTube all the time lol helped me out a lot

Glad to have you! Welcome.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

So I thought I would take this chance to join in and help the team, I'll keep my rig folding when I can.

Specs:

CPU: Intel 3930k

GPU: GTX 680

I will get my old rig folding too it should be able to 24/7

CPU: Intel i5 540 (If I'm remembering correctly)

GPU : ATI 4850

I think we should all aim to get into the top 200 folding teams as well =D not actually that far away

So I thought I would take this chance to join in and help the team' date=' I'll keep my rig folding when I can. Specs: CPU: Intel 3930k GPU: GTX 680 I will get my old rig folding too it should be able to 24/7 CPU: Intel i5 540 (If I'm remembering correctly) GPU : ATI 4850 [/quote']

That 3930 should put out some wicked PPD.

I think we should all aim to get into the top 200 folding teams as well =D not actually that far away

Looking at a stats predictor, based on current numbers, within a month we will break the 250 spot...

Reporting for duty! CPU: Pentium G620 GPU: GTX 650

Reporting for duty! CPU: Pentium G620 GPU: GTX 650

Welcome to the club!!

I hope it get it this weekend! lol got a new gaming rig and while my games download my 2700k and 670 are cranking out the PPD

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

I hope it get it this weekend! lol got a new gaming rig and while my games download my 2700k and 670 are cranking out the PPD

Excellent! :)

Wow - lot of new members!! Going to be going through the stats tomorrow and announce the first winner.

Updated the stat site I am using - the extreme overclocking site seems to not be properly calculating Points for a whole week.

Also, slight update to the rules - I want to reward users who a folding "regularly". So, of the eligible Folders, you will have to have submitted points over the past 5-7 days at various times. Not just one huge upload and you were done. This is all tracked on the stats site.

For next week - probably change it up a bit to reward lower members - say under 40,000 total points for next week.

This weeks winner is:

duksandfish

Congrats! I will be update the Folder shortly to start adding to your ID.

Updated the stat site I am using - the extreme overclocking site seems to not be properly calculating Points for a whole week.

Also, slight update to the rules - I want to reward users who a folding "regularly". So, of the eligible Folders, you will have to have submitted points over the past 5-7 days at various times. Not just one huge upload and you were done. This is all tracked on the stats site.

For next week - probably change it up a bit to reward lower members - say under 40,000 total points for next week.

What site are you using?

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

well this is akward i am already above 100k total...............

Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz                               DCUII GTX 680                            16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Sabertooth Z77 ATX                                      WD Caviar Blue 500GB+ 1TB      Corsair Obsidian 750D

Corsair TX850M Watt PSU                            Bad Custom Water Cooling          Samsung 840 Pro SSD

Darn, i wanted to win but i ended up with around 360k points :(
how is this bad? Lol

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Darn' date=' i wanted to win but i ended up with around 360k points :([/quote']

Honorable Mentions! :)

http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=223518

Update to the rules and how to win:

To get the credits - the winner will need to PM me there Passkey - this is a new security thing in FAH. If you are not comfortable doing that, or the winnerb doesn't respond in a day or two - I will choose a new winner.

Week #2 winner is:

Hadouken434 (please PM me you Passkey)

Congrats!

Started on the first of the month and already have 110k. Glad to help out!

Athlon II x4 3.26ghz / Nvidia GTX 460

Athlon II x2 2.5ghz / Nvidia 9500gt (tries really hard but doesn't get many points :) )

Started on the first of the month and already have 110k. Glad to help out! Athlon II x4 3.26ghz / Nvidia GTX 460 Athlon II x2 2.5ghz / Nvidia 9500gt (tries really hard but doesn't get many points :) )

Welcome to the club.

Is your 9500 actually folding? I thought the min now was a 9800...