The Linustechtips Folding@home Competition

In an effort to keep things interesting and people Folding as much as possible to gain rank, I would like to announce the following...

For the next month or two, and we will see how participation in the team is after that, I will donate the Folding PPD of one of my systems to a lucky winner score.

HOW IT WORKS:

For one week, the PPD of one of my main Folders will be updated with the winners ID, so essentially crediting them the PPD. This would help them to jump up in rank within the team.

The system is an Intel Quad Core with a NVidia GTX 560 - averages about 22,000 PPD.

To get the credits - the winner will need to PM me there Passkey - this is a new security thing in FAH. If you are not comfortable doing that, or the winnerb doesn't respond in a day or two - I will choose a new winner.

HOW TO WIN:

Fold. Lots. :) Using the stats provided at:

[url=http://kakaostats.com/t.php?col=2&t=223518]http://kakaostats.com/t.php?col=2&t=223518[/url=http://kakaostats.com/t.php?col=2&t=223518]

I will be able to track all members stats. Once a week, probably on Sunday, I will review.

The member with the most points from the previous week, that has a current TOTAL of less then 100,000, will win. BUT - they have to have contributed over multiple days in the past week - not just a one time dump.

For the next week they will get the bonus PPD of my Folding system.

See, simple. :) Just Fold and Win.

Once you go over 100k total points, you are no longer eligible. This competition is mainly for those who generate only a few K PPD and may get discouraged about never going up in the ranks. If I see a huge number over 100K but say below 250K, I may at a later date change that. This competition will be continuously running for a while - so I may make some changes and adjustments as things progress to better fit the team and new members...

WINNER Week #8 - Kyle Krattiger (please PM me your passkey)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

do we have a bitcoin mining section? I might do this though

No - no bitcoin section - that is more for monetary gain - Folding and Boinc are about donating system time for research....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

ya but I got to pay for the power to run that stuff somehow :)

Haha - I think trying to do that via bitcoin, may be a losing cause....

not at $70 a btc,my 6950 and 6870 make $5 a day including power cost

not at $70 a btc,my 6950 and 6870 make $5 a day including power cost
Nice....

BTW - no requirement to comment in here to be eligible... just fold and make sure you have the proper team ID and you will get included in the stats!

Is it 100k PPD or 100k points total?

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Is it 100k PPD or 100k points total?

Doh! To many acronyms. :)

Thanks for that - edited original post...

I want to join the team and compete for this. I have been folding for a while on my personal rig. I changed my team # from 0 to 223518. Is that all it takes to join the contest?

That is it. :) Your points will now go towards the team and you should show up on the stats in a day or two.

okay awesome. Could you rate my hardware for folding though?

-Intel SSD with Ram cache

-16 Gb corsair vengeance Ram

-i5-2500k overclocked to 4.3Ghz (stable)

-Nvidia GTX 670

okay awesome. Could you rate my hardware for folding though? -Intel SSD with Ram cache -16 Gb corsair vengeance Ram -i5-2500k overclocked to 4.3Ghz (stable) -Nvidia GTX 670

Should be a good unit - that 670 especially.

How about those that have recently switched allegiance?

Doesn't matter how long you been in - just Fold away and when stats are reviewed, everyone with less then 100,000 total points can win...

Hey guys, since you guys are doing the competition, I've been watching linus for a while, and since you guys are about to beat my team I will change for a week till you guys pass me.

This works out nicely since i'm on spring break, and my other friends won't be folding.

GL HF :)

is 50000 points per day good? lol

Yes it's good ne ^___^.

Happy to see simple yet effective events to promote folding :))))

My beloved computer (^o^)

Core i7 3770k 4.4Ghz || Maximus V Gene || EVGA GTX 670 Signature 2 || 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1.25v DDR31600 || Corsair TX550M PSU || Kuhler 920 with Scythe GT 1850rpm || OCZ Vertex 4 256GB || Fractale Define Mini

Might as well get back into folding while im away from my PC. Did it a bit back in the day for MMO champ on my crappy laptop, never started up again when i built my desktop.

Question though as the wording is a little confusing. I'm starting folding now. For your competition, if I go over 100k points i can no longer win the competition? or is it for people who were below 100k when it started.

Might as well get back into folding while im away from my PC. Did it a bit back in the day for MMO champ on my crappy laptop' date=' never started up again when i built my desktop. Question though as the wording is a little confusing. I'm starting folding now. For your competition, if I go over 100k points i can no longer win the competition? or is it for people who were below 100k when it started. [/quote']

Once you go over 100k total points, you are no longer eligible. This comp is mainly for those who generate only a few K PPD and may get discouraged about never going up in the ranks. If I see a huge number over 100K but say below 250K, I may at a later date change that. This comp will be continuously running for a while - so I may make some changes and adjustments as things progress to better fit the team and new members...

Only been folding for four days and have 100,629 points. I guess I'm out. :p

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

Only been folding for four days and have 100' date='629 points. I guess I'm out. :p [/quote']

Wow - Ya! :)

Yeah, I know, Apparently a 3770K and a GTX670 are pretty good for folding. :p I didn't think it would be near this good at folding!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB