The Linustechtips Folding@home Competition

Started on the first of the month and already have 110k. Glad to help out! Athlon II x4 3.26ghz / Nvidia GTX 460 Athlon II x2 2.5ghz / Nvidia 9500gt (tries really hard but doesn't get many points :) )
Welcome to the club. Is your 9500 actually folding? I thought the min now was a 9800...

Sure does fold, that machine gets ~600PPD and the GPU makes up most of it as far as I can tell, the rest comes from my main rig.

Started on the first of the month and already have 110k. Glad to help out! Athlon II x4 3.26ghz / Nvidia GTX 460 Athlon II x2 2.5ghz / Nvidia 9500gt (tries really hard but doesn't get many points :) )
Welcome to the club. Is your 9500 actually folding? I thought the min now was a 9800...
Sure does fold' date=' that machine gets ~600PPD and the GPU makes up most of it as far as I can tell, the rest comes from my main rig.[/quote']

Fraking awesome! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

UPDATE - Due to no contact from previous winner - new one announced - Jasonjo

Please PM me your passkey so I can get things going.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

how the chimp challange will affect this competition?

I will keep the one system running that I dedicate to this folding for this competition - the majority of the rest of my systems will be going towards the Chimp Challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up putting this system to the Chimp Challenge as well. :) So week three's winner is...

This Sunday I will look at our team for the Week 4 winner....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this kind of got away from me... Lot's been going on in Whaler's Happy Folding House...

Basically scrapped four basic folding boxes and down to one that runs all my GPU folders - look for build log on this soon.

Sold some parts. Going with two 4P folding systems. I have a 32 core and a 16 core system/parts coming. I have been focused on getting this sorted out, various parts from various spots shipped in, etc. So, I haven't had much time to work on this. 

I expect this Sunday though to go through the list and will announce a new winner and have one of my basic systems adding to their PPD. Won't be huge, but something.

The eventual plan is to either have the GPU folder or the 16 core 4P unit donating to the winner...

Cheers All!

OK - so the winner for this week is - RobLarby - Congrats! Please PM me your pass key code so I can start sending you WU's.

Oh man, the folding bug has hit me and i wanna win this sooo bad now! might have to start farming a bit with the missus laptop when shes not looking...  :ph34r:

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

What site are you using?

I am using this one: http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=223518

Gives me a pretty nifty display on users PPD output and such.

• 2 weeks later...

This weeks winner - 321.HAX - please PM your passkey asap so I can start donating to you. :)

This weeks winner is Kyle Krattiger - please PM your passkey so I can start donating to you.