New PC build. Doesn't boot.

I'll make this short since i'm about to return my mobo to the retailer IF even possible although warranty is still very usable (Sorry for the grammer) got the complete system 4 days ago. Waited 14 days for all parts to show up...

What happens is i've assembled my first pc with some succes. However it does NOT boot as expected. It gives me an error code 55 on 3 RAM slots and error code 62 on the 4th one. The pc screen is blank and bios is definitely impossible to acces to make the much needed adjustments,

After using google a-lot i am aware that although supported, my system faces compatibility issues from the start, and i now need advice to get it to work before doing anything radical like disassembling the system and returning hardware...

Specs:
Ram. 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz

CPU. Intel i7 7700k

Mobo. Gigabyte z170 gaming 7 Rev 1.0

GPU. AMD Sapphire RX 480 Nitro 4GB
Power supply. Corsair HX750i

For my first pc build to assemble myself, i know this is to some degree an expensive build to gamble with but i have to learn it at some point and it being expensive forced me to really think properly through my next step, which is why i am sad that the system won't boot properly.

Some here will wonder why so much Ram etc, but this is a music production pc. Also why i chose a mid-range GPU :)

4 minutes ago, Pharpa said:

CPU. Intel i7 7700k

Mobo. Gigabyte z170 gaming 7 Rev 1.0

return the mobo, and ask the retailer if you can swap it out for a Z270 board.

Its possible that your motherboard doesn't support Kabylake outta the box...you may need a BIOS update to get it to work (which will require a skylake CPU).

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

7 minutes ago, Pharpa said:

error code 55 on 3 RAM slots and error code 62 on the 4th one. The pc screen is blank and bios is definitely impossible to acces to make the much needed adjustments

Have you tried to boot with no ram at all? At least to see if you can get in the BIOS at any cost, even with the iGPU.

Have you tried inserting every stick of ram in each slot one at a time? Not all the sticks, just one, first in the first slot, then in the second, and so on, with all the sticks?

Also, a z270 mobo would have been a better choice...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

4 minutes ago, EMENCII said:

Have you tried to boot with no ram at all? At least to see if you can get in the BIOS at any cost, even with the iGPU.

Have you tried inserting every stick of ram in each slot one at a time? Not all the sticks, just one, first in the first slot, then in the second, and so on, with all the sticks?

Yes i did try to boot it without any Ram in it, and crazy stuff happened, as if power came in pulses. However with ram in it ran "smooth"

Just now, Pharpa said:

Yes i did try to boot it without any Ram in it, and crazy stuff happened, as if power came in pulses. However with ram in it ran "smooth"

No idea about what you mean with "pulses"...

Cycling the ram sticks?

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

i just noticed, you're from denmark which means EU.

did you order the mobo online? if so, there's a "no questions asked" return policy by law for the first 14 days if i recall correctly.

call the retailer, say you're having troubles with your build and say you'd preferably swap it out with a z270 board instead, and ask what their policies are in this regard.

6 minutes ago, EMENCII said:

No idea about what you mean with "pulses"...

Cycling the ram sticks?

Imagine your computer booting but the fans stop running for a fraction of a second several times before error 55 kicks in and restarts the PC

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i just noticed, you're from denmark which means EU.

did you order the mobo online? if so, there's a "no questions asked" return policy by law for the first 14 days if i recall correctly.

call the retailer, say you're having troubles with your build and say you'd preferably swap it out with a z270 board instead, and ask what their policies are in this regard.

I had that in mind doing just that, and ask if i could pay a little bit more if the other board would cost a bit more. I don't mind throwing in a little bit more money with the result of a working pc. Just don't want to buy at new mobo at full price :/

3 minutes ago, Pharpa said:

Imagine your computer booting but the fans stop running for a fraction of a second several times before error 55 kicks in and restarts the PC

never seen such a thing happening, I'm sorry ^^'

I think that since it's not working anyway, a return might be a good option.

1 minute ago, Pharpa said:

I had that in mind doing just that, and ask if i could pay a little bit more if the other board would cost a bit more. I don't mind throwing in a little bit more money with the result of a working pc. Just don't want to buy at new mobo at full price :/

your best bet is to try to swap the mobo to a Z270! if refunding is an option.

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

Just now, Pharpa said:

I had that in mind doing just that, and ask if i could pay a little bit more if the other board would cost a bit more. I don't mind throwing in a little bit more money with the result of a working pc.

how it usually works is that they let you send the first board back, and refund you the money (as dictated by law), and you can on your own decide to buy a different board or not.

14 minutes ago, EMENCII said:

Also, a z270 mobo would have been a better choice...

Done all of it and the 4th slot seems to work with the same stick, but then error 62 came instead.

I have basic understandment of pc build, but didn't quite know which technical "flaws" this mobo had with the chosen system. I will look into the board you're mentioning. It just need Thunderbolt on the I/O because of my external soundcard.

1 minute ago, Pharpa said:

technical "flaws" this mobo had with the chosen system. I will look into the board you're mentioning. It just need Thunderbolt on the I/O because of my external soundcard.

Well, they aren't exactly "flaws", it's more like "the cpu fits but it's recommended to get the new chipset", because things like what has happened to you might come.

z270 is a chipset, just get the same make/model if you need some specific features that the board you chose has.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Its possible that your motherboard doesn't support Kabylake outta the box...you may need a BIOS update to get it to work (which will require a skylake CPU).

This is more then likely the issue.

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

how it usually works is that they let you send the first board back, and refund you the money (as dictated by law), and you can on your own decide to buy a different board or not.

My brother that usually builds my pc's told me that i can send back the mobo and they have the right to send an identical board while they repair the old one to see if it really is broken and if it is then i can keep the new one. No refund unless things really are broken. 

But i'm sure i can make some kind of deal while the warranty is still valid :)

4 minutes ago, Pharpa said:

My brother that usually builds my pc's told me that i can send back the mobo and they have the right to send an identical board while they repair the old one to see if it really is broken and if it is then i can keep the new one. No refund unless things really are broken. 

But i'm sure i can make some kind of deal while the warranty is still valid :)

in theory, european law dictates they have to accept returns for all online purchases, as long as they're not consumables, like for example food or a tube of thermal pase.

7 minutes ago, manikyath said:

in theory, european law dictates they have to accept returns for all online purchases, as long as they're not consumables, like for example food or a tube of thermal pase.

Yes we got an improvement on that area not many years ago because online retailers just went complete a-hole on their customers and said "you've opened the box, now it is yours and we can't help you" so even if the product was defective, they would not return a working product despite warranty still being valid.