Is the palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ti 4GB StormX any good?

Aztec
2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

If its being posted via ebay then how will you see it demonstrated? He could mail you a dead card for all you know and claim either you broke it or that it was damaged in transit. You won't get your money back.

I would only do this if it was collection only and he/she showed me it working.

Just my 2 cents(/pennies).

That's true! I think I may as well go for the gigabyte one brand new from Amazon. 

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Sadly most of people nowadays buy GPU for gaming and userbenchmark didnt use games for their benchmark.

Only a rendering apps.

Its best just to look at the gpu review and the games they want to play.

Click my link and scroll to game fps...

Just now, L.Lawliet said:

Sadly most of people nowadays buy GPU for gaming and userbenchmark didnt use games for their benchmark.

Only a rendering apps.

Its best just to look at the gpu review and the games they want to play.

Yeah, but you need to understand that this is to show the relative difference between GPUs using the same testing methodology, this means the comparison is accurate, but it only shows how performance on one card relates to another when tested with the same applications.

It's just a tool, but it roughly shows the difference between most GPUs. Of course it doesn't take into account maturing of drivers etc as launch-day scores are still there lowering averages for some AMD cards such as the 290X or 480 but it's more-or-less accurate, on the contrary to the gpuboss...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Aztec said:

That's true! I think I may as well go for the gigabyte one brand new from Amazon. 

Are you saying you are going for a new 1050Ti for £150? Literally everyone is telling you the 470 is the superior card in every respect. Its your choice and our money ofc :).

But this stigmatism around AMD products really has to stop, buying elsewhere when AMD are offering a better product at the price range will kill the company. Why innovate and price competitively when no one is going to buy your stuff anyway?

/rant

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Are you saying you are going for a new 1050Ti for £150? Literally everyone is telling you the 470 is the superior card in every respect. Its your choice and our money ofc :).

But this stigmatism around AMD products really has to stop, buying elsewhere when AMD are offering a better product at the price range will kill the company. Why innovate and price competitively when no one is going to buy your stuff anyway?

/rant

I don't have anything against AMD as I have an AMD CPU in my system. I was originally going to go with a 480 but that's well out of my budget. I just saw an Asus 470 for £170 So I'm going to go with that. Thanks

3 minutes ago, Aztec said:

I don't have anything against AMD as I have an AMD CPU in my system. I was originally going to go with a 480 but that's well out of my budget. I just saw an Asus 470 for £170 So I'm going to go with that. Thanks

How urgent are your needs? The 500 series will go on sale any day now. Causing 400 series to become clearance stock. This could cause the 470 to drop a little maybe £20-30.

EDIT:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=376&sort=a8&page=1

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/PVWrxr/asus-radeon-rx-470-4gb-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rx470-4g-gaming

3 minutes ago, Aztec said:

If you're going £20 over for a 470, can you not go £30(so an extra 10 over the 470) over for a 480? :P

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-red-dragon-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-18c-pc.html

Whats the AMD cpu in your system though? if its an apu you might as well get the 470 rather than the 480, unless you plan to upgrade soon.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

If you're going £20 over for a 470, can you not go £30(so an extra 10 over the 470) over for a 480? :P

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-red-dragon-4096mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-18c-pc.html

Whats the AMD cpu in your system though? if its an apu you might as well get the 470 rather than the 480, unless you plan to upgrade soon.

That's true! I have an AMD A8 6600K APU (I know, not great but gets the job done!) :P 

7 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

How urgent are your needs? The 500 series will go on sale any day now. Causing 400 series to become clearance stock. This could cause the 470 to drop a little maybe £20-30.

EDIT:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=376&sort=a8&page=1

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/PVWrxr/asus-radeon-rx-470-4gb-strix-video-card-rog-strix-rx470-4g-gaming

I kinda need it asap as I've been 'gpuless' for about 6 weeks haha the onboard graphics are awful as you can imagine haha. I can wait for the sale though