Best AIO cooler for AM3+

Recently I have been considering Water Cooling for my CPU, whilst researching what would be the best AIO cooler.

I have an FX 8350 Processor (AM3+ Socket). Can anybody recommend a good AIO Water Cooler? 

Budget is 200 pound, but of course no AIO's I have seen are that 'Price Heavy'. 

Sell your motherboard and CPU as a combo online and buy an intel or lower end ryzen and use the stock cooler...those dinosaurs aren't worth spending 200 pounds on watercooling.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I could but I only built the system last September (I think).

It was my first build, mistakes were made but I am happy for the performance right now... 

I was thinking the H110 or Kracken X61...

Out of curiosiy, what is the porpose of watercooling in your case?

Are the temps too high? Planning to do a hefty overclock?

2 hours ago, MVPernula said:

Out of curiosiy, what is the porpose of watercooling in your case?

Are the temps too high? Planning to do a hefty overclock?

I would like to decrease my tempurature of the CPU, right now its 57*C on 'load' with the stock cooler cranked up to 50% speed... I do plan on doing overclocking at one point, of which I feel a Stock Cooler would not be able to keep the tempurature 'at point'.

2 hours ago, GrantW said:

I would like to decrease my tempurature of the CPU, right now its 57*C on 'load' with the stock cooler cranked up to 50% speed... I do plan on doing overclocking at one point, of which I feel a Stock Cooler would not be able to keep the tempurature 'at point'.

Even a Hyper 212 can keep the 8350 cool even with an overclock, so pretty much any aio that looks nice to you would be your best bet 

3 hours ago, GrantW said:

I agree with the one above this comment, you wont really need anything as heavy as a double rad if you want good temps for overclocking.

You could buy a good aircooler that looks sick as well, like the Dark Rock Pro 3! (shitty mounting though)

A watercooler would also be enough for future builds, if you get a hotter CPU that needs more cooling it's good to be prepared.

But a good aircooler can also make sure of this, at a lower price.

57C under load with the stock cooler isn't too bad, but I know that stock cooler can be annoying as hell.

For the AIO, almost any AIO on the market will work. Double-fan radiators will give you better cooling with less effort, meaning the fans won't need to ramp up nearly as much. But single-fan radiators will work just fine as well.

Out of curiosity, what is your chassis? Depending on what you have, you may want to consider adding additional or better case fans to your build, since that'll help with cooling. So I'd make that your first approach, as better airflow toward your CPU will help. It won't bring your temps under 50C, but it'll ensure you get the best performance out of your cooling upgrade. Especially since you're considering overclocking.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

29 minutes ago, brandishwar said:

57C under load with the stock cooler isn't too bad, but I know that stock cooler can be annoying as hell.

For the AIO, almost any AIO on the market will work. Double-fan radiators will give you better cooling with less effort, meaning the fans won't need to ramp up nearly as much. But single-fan radiators will work just fine as well.

Out of curiosity, what is your chassis? Depending on what you have, you may want to consider adding additional or better case fans to your build, since that'll help with cooling. So I'd make that your first approach, as better airflow toward your CPU will help. It won't bring your temps under 50C, but it'll ensure you get the best performance out of your cooling upgrade. Especially since you're considering overclocking.

It use to be 67*C when I had my old case (More compact) 

My chassis currently is the Thermaltake Core X71. http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002790

I currently have 3 Corsair SP 120 mm fans at the pannel with the window on, 1 Corsair SP 120 at the back. Then 2 of the included Thermaltake Ring 140mm fans, going to buy another fan for front side (As it can fit 3). I am thinking the AIO Rad will go at the top (Support up to 360mm). All fans are performing at 100% as they are connected via a Akaska Flex FPS5 cable. (Tried Speedfan and can not change speeds - I will soon change to a 'drive' bay which can support changing fans speed)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CBFA07-45-Flexa-Splitter-Cable/dp/B008PO4X2E/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1492628113&sr=1-1&keywords=PWM+Fan+Splitter+Cable+for+5+Fans

1 hour ago, xXATHERIALXx said:

Even a Hyper 212 can keep the 8350 cool even with an overclock, so pretty much any aio that looks nice to you would be your best bet 

Very true there, but the thing is I am a man about Aesthetics, I care what it looks like too. Air Coolers do not give off the same Wow 'factor' to me then a Water Cooler but thats my opinion. Its also a thing about expirements. This has been my first PC build and I want experiance in the 'Water' Cooling field if you get me...

49 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

I agree with the one above this comment, you wont really need anything as heavy as a double rad if you want good temps for overclocking.

You could buy a good aircooler that looks sick as well, like the Dark Rock Pro 3! (shitty mounting though)

A watercooler would also be enough for future builds, if you get a hotter CPU that needs more cooling it's good to be prepared.

But a good aircooler can also make sure of this, at a lower price.

Again for me its about the Aesthetics but I have heard these 'CPU Heatsinks' as large as they are - Has snapped a persons motherboard in half (Happened to one of my friend). But then again theres dangers in everything. :) 

10 hours ago, GrantW said:

It use to be 67*C when I had my old case (More compact) 

My chassis currently is the Thermaltake Core X71. http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002790

I currently have 3 Corsair SP 120 mm fans at the pannel with the window on, 1 Corsair SP 120 at the back. Then 2 of the included Thermaltake Ring 140mm fans, going to buy another fan for front side (As it can fit 3). I am thinking the AIO Rad will go at the top (Support up to 360mm). All fans are performing at 100% as they are connected via a Akaska Flex FPS5 cable. (Tried Speedfan and can not change speeds - I will soon change to a 'drive' bay which can support changing fans speed)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CBFA07-45-Flexa-Splitter-Cable/dp/B008PO4X2E/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1492628113&sr=1-1&keywords=PWM+Fan+Splitter+Cable+for+5+Fans

Very true there, but the thing is I am a man about Aesthetics, I care what it looks like too. Air Coolers do not give off the same Wow 'factor' to me then a Water Cooler but thats my opinion. Its also a thing about expirements. This has been my first PC build and I want experiance in the 'Water' Cooling field if you get me...

Again for me its about the Aesthetics but I have heard these 'CPU Heatsinks' as large as they are - Has snapped a persons motherboard in half (Happened to one of my friend). But then again theres dangers in everything. :) 

For easthetic reasons I totally get you, AIO can be quite sexy tbh-_-

When it comes just to the looks of it the new Krakens does it for me, suuper good looking.

1 hour ago, MVPernula said:

For easthetic reasons I totally get you, AIO can be quite sexy tbh-_-

When it comes just to the looks of it the new Krakens does it for me, suuper good looking.

Glad you agree, may I ask do you have any experiance with this Water Cooler? Or would you recommend a 'better' one.

I have looked at the Corsair H100 series but when researching, the Kracken seems to be the best at 'cooling'...

What is the new Kracken Cooler? As apparently they have Kraken X62, X52, X42, X61, X41, X31, X60, X40. Would the X62 be my best bet? 

37 minutes ago, GrantW said:

Glad you agree, may I ask do you have any experiance with this Water Cooler? Or would you recommend a 'better' one.

I have looked at the Corsair H100 series but when researching, the Kracken seems to be the best at 'cooling'...

What is the new Kracken Cooler? As apparently they have Kraken X62, X52, X42, X61, X41, X31, X60, X40. Would the X62 be my best bet? 

I don't know which is the best of them all to be honest. But any of those coolers is basically enough anyways.

You want at least a double rad 240mm.

The X62 series is the new one, the one with the mirrored middle part.

You want an AIO cooler with 240mm radiator or 280mm radiator. Always upgradeable for future builds. 

10 hours ago, MVPernula said:

I don't know which is the best of them all to be honest. But any of those coolers is basically enough anyways.

You want at least a double rad 240mm.

The X62 series is the new one, the one with the mirrored middle part.

May I ask why the 240mm rad? 

Do not mean to bug you or anything, but I have heard from some YouTubers you need 120mm for each 'component' watercooled.

I may go for the X62 then :P 

6 hours ago, Columbo said:

You want an AIO cooler with 240mm radiator or 280mm radiator. Always upgradeable for future builds. 

Thank you for the advice!

1 hour ago, GrantW said:

Do not mean to bug you or anything, but I have heard from some YouTubers you need 120mm for each 'component' watercooled.

When I say double rad I mean for the AIO! Double rad as for 2 fans, either 120mm x2 or 140 x2!

29 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

When I say double rad I mean for the AIO! Double rad as for 2 fans, either 120mm x2 or 140 x2!

Yes I know,what I meant is a 120mm Rad could be used to cool one CPU, and for every 120mm 'area' we will call it, can cool one component.

Sorry about the misunderstanding :P

1 hour ago, GrantW said:

Yes I know,what I meant is a 120mm Rad could be used to cool one CPU, and for every 120mm 'area' we will call it, can cool one component.

Sorry about the misunderstanding :P

Well.. Yeah. Oone stock cooler can cool one CPU too. :P

Point is that if you want better cooling for higher overclocks a double rad will do better.

And if you get more demanding and hotter CPU's later it's nice to not have to buy a new cooler too.

7 hours ago, GrantW said:

You want a 240mm radiator which is two 120mm fans with the liquid cooler. A 120mm cooling solution is not enough in my opinion for an OC'd CPU. If you do not OC your CPU than a 120mm water cooler will work fine. It's just an opinon but a 120mm air cooler is as good as a 120mm liquid cooler probably a little better. When you get to 240mm or 280mm that is when liquid cooling is much better. They say that the best air coolers are as good as liquid cooling. I disagree when you get to the 240mm and above liquid coolers. 

A 240mm radiator simply means two 120mm fans. A 280mm radiator means the cooler is using two 140mm fans. Larger radiators means better cooling.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:29 AM, i_build_nanosuits said:

Sell your motherboard and CPU as a combo online and buy an intel or lower end ryzen and use the stock cooler...those dinosaurs aren't worth spending 200 pounds on watercooling.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:43 AM, WereCat said:

Get better CPU for 200, don't bother with water cooling AM3+

you guys are completely ignoring the fact that he will spend more money just buying ddr4 ram than he would getting a new cooler, not including the cost of a new motherboard and cpu..

some people are just looking for a small, helpful upgrade instead of a whole new system.

new cooler will give him more OC headroom which may be enough of a performance gain that he'll be happy.

@OP look into getting a Corsair H110 or something similar. at least a dual rad. am3+ kicks out a lot of heat

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 hours ago, Tsuki said:

you guys are completely ignoring the fact that he will spend more money just buying ddr4 ram than he would getting a new cooler, not including the cost of a new motherboard and cpu..

some people are just looking for a small, helpful upgrade instead of a whole new system.

new cooler will give him more OC headroom which may be enough of a performance gain that he'll be happy.

@OP look into getting a Corsair H110 or something similar. at least a dual rad. am3+ kicks out a lot of heat

No, I am considering that he has 200GBP right now and he gets at least another 150 when he sells his current MoBo, CPU, RAM.

22 minutes ago, WereCat said:

No, I am considering that he has 200GBP right now and he gets at least another 150 when he sells his current MoBo, CPU, RAM.

I can see where you are coming from, WereCat. But I still feel like my processor is still a valid gaming processor on the market (Not the best, nor is it up there in the best - But it can deliver a good amount of performance. (In my opinion, again)

6 hours ago, Columbo said:

You want a 240mm radiator which is two 120mm fans with the liquid cooler. A 120mm cooling solution is not enough in my opinion for an OC'd CPU. If you do not OC your CPU than a 120mm water cooler will work fine. It's just an opinon but a 120mm air cooler is as good as a 120mm liquid cooler probably a little better. When you get to 240mm or 280mm that is when liquid cooling is much better. They say that the best air coolers are as good as liquid cooling. I disagree when you get to the 240mm and above liquid coolers. 

A 240mm radiator simply means two 120mm fans. A 280mm radiator means the cooler is using two 140mm fans. Larger radiators means better cooling.

Understand now, at least I think! :) 

I will keep you guys updated on what AIO I go for ;)

I would like to thank everyone for the help so far. 

Just now, GrantW said:

I can see where you are coming from, WereCat. But I still feel like my processor is still a valid gaming processor on the market (Not the best, nor is it up there in the best - But it can deliver a good amount of performance. (In my opinion, again)

If you are happy with it then sure, keep it. I just can't see why you should water cool it with cooler more expensive than the CPU itself. Not worth it imo.

10 hours ago, WereCat said:

If you are happy with it then sure, keep it. I just can't see why you should water cool it with cooler more expensive than the CPU itself. Not worth it imo.

because he can water cool it for cheap and later on, if he does decide to upgrade, he'll have a water cooler for it.

not everybody is super concerned with upgrading, and not everybody can afford it.

AM3+ isnt great, but it still works good enough. (im currently using an fx8320@4GHz)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.