Help With A Build For a Client

So I am being hired to build a computer for a teenage son and all I was told was $850, and black with Blue. I then said "how about rgb, ALL THE COLORS?" and the said definitely. I have $850 for a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and computer. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/alexbianchi15/saved/84ZCJx

Heres a possible edit. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/alexbianchi15/saved/bV2GXL

Here is my explanation for the parts I chose

The AMD 1500x seemed like a good all rounder and ran at similar speeds to the intel variants at a similar price range so i thought the included RGB fan will also save me money. Decision made. 

After a lot of decision making, I decided to go with the KILLER motherboard even though it is overboard since there will be no overclocking but the included wifi was worth it when you removed the cost that a wifi adapter would have been. Meaning I save money as opposed to any b350 motherboard. 

1 tb of hard drive space, standard. No ssd, could not fit it into the budget

The Video card is at the bottom as i had to add in manually. The 570 is the newest and is way cheaper than a 1060 or 480 wich perform similarly. (though i found some in stock, one can only hope it will be their when i return, no its not in stock at amazon)

Phantecs Eclipse case comes with RGB control and an included RGB strip, wich is great and saves me money on a separate strip. So far so good.

Here's where it gets a little dicey

The PSU is on the cheaper end but fits the budget perfectly and is semi modular. 

The monitor is REALLY cheap but is still decent and the only other option where $30 more dallors (remember this is a client build so money is tight)

The keyboard and mouse combo is RGB (seeing the theme yet?) and is relatively cheap. I like that its mechanical and has a lower profile. 

What do you think?

4 minutes ago, alexbianchi15 said:

So I am being hired to build a computer for a teenage son and all I was told was $850, and black with Blue. I then said "how about rgb, ALL THE COLORS?" and the said definitely. I have $850 for a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and computer. 

The AMD 1500x seemed like a good all rounder and ran at similar speeds to the intel variants at a similar price range so i thought the included RGB fan will also save me money. Decision made. 

After a lot of decision making, I decided to go with the KILLER motherboard even though it is overboard since there will be no overclocking but the included wifi was worth it when you removed the cost that a wifi adapter would have been. Meaning I save money as opposed to any b350 motherboard. 

The Video card is at the bottom as i had to add in manually. The 570 is the newest and is way cheaper than a 1060 or 480 wich perform similarly. (though i found some in stock, one can only hope it will be their when i return, no its not in stock at amazon)

Phantecs Eclipse case comes with RGB control and an included RGB strip, wich is great and saves me money on a separate strip. So far so good.

The PSU is on the cheaper end but fits the budget perfectly and is semi modular. 

The monitor is REALLY cheap but is still decent and the only other option where $30 more dallors (remember this is a client build so money is tight)

The keyboard and mouse combo is RGB (seeing the theme yet?) and is relatively cheap. I like that its mechanical and has a lower profile. 

What do you think?

I would step down KB/m a bit and get a 120 gig SSD really nice. Or step down MOBO too.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Just now, Himommies said:

SSD?

Not gonna be able to fit it in the budget. That may be an upgrade down the line.

5 minutes ago, alexbianchi15 said:

What do you think?

A b350 board with a wifi card would be cheaper.

Just now, RGProductions said:

I would step down KB/m a bit and get a 120 gig SSD really nice. Or step down MOBO too.

im sorry but what do you mean by KB/m

Just now, alexbianchi15 said:

Not gonna be able to fit it in the budget. That may be an upgrade down the line.

Just get a s340

My life

keyboard and mouse.

keyboard and mouse

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

Just get a s340

I like the fact it comes with an rgb strip, that was pretty much a requirement by the client

1 minute ago, alexbianchi15 said:

I like the fact it comes with an rgb strip, that was pretty much a requirement by the client

since there's no overclocking maybe step down CPU SKU? Id much rather have a 1500 and ssd than a 1500x and no ssd.

since there's no overclocking maybe step down CPU SKU?

I think it's better to go with a higher base if there's no overclocking

Just now, computerNewbie said:

yeah, but the SSD will make the system feel a lot faster, and in games the extra CPU will make marginal difference

yeah, but the SSD will make the system feel a lot faster, and in games the extra CPU will make marginal difference

look at the edited part list, downgrade mobo, gets ssd

2 minutes ago, computerNewbie said:

Agreed

SSD seems to be the popular choice if it can be squeezed in

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

looks good :)

1 minute ago, jet224presents said:

SSD seems to be the popular choice if it can be squeezed in

Loot at the new part list, squeezed in an ssd.

Looks good and maybe you can use that spare $ to buy more RGB if your client really wants it :P

2 minutes ago, computerNewbie said:

Looks good and maybe you can use that spare $ to buy more RGB if your client really wants it :P

lol yea, he REALLY wants the rgb.

7 minutes ago, alexbianchi15 said:

its much better now 

More features not less. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list