Sony A7 charging issue.

Hi everyone! I've just got a company camera for training, but it seems the camera is not taking charge. I do not know the layout of the camera so I am

not sure what/where the charging lamp is. 

Below is a photo showing a illuminated bulb, normally used during focus, which is pulsing at a very fast rate, almost like a lightbulb which does not have enough power.

I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I can find for Sony, multiple cables, different plugs including the original one, different wall sockets etc. I have reset the camera, but still nothing.

Also, this is a UK version.

Kind Regards

Robert

IMG_8746.JPG

1 hour ago, Murilo_A said:

Try to charge in a PC

Tried that, same results. Pulsing lamp and no charge led, no power gain.

41 minutes ago, Robert Shaw said:

Tried that, same results. Pulsing lamp and no charge led, no power gain.

Check the manual, see if there's any way to reset the camera

10 hours ago, Robert Shaw said:

Hi everyone! I've just got a company camera for training, but it seems the camera is not taking charge. I do not know the layout of the camera so I am

not sure what/where the charging lamp is. 

Below is a photo showing a illuminated bulb, normally used during focus, which is pulsing at a very fast rate, almost like a lightbulb which does not have enough power.

I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I can find for Sony, multiple cables, different plugs including the original one, different wall sockets etc. I have reset the camera, but still nothing.

Also, this is a UK version.

Kind Regards

Robert

IMG_8746.JPG

I would assume that has nothing to do with charging, if its the same as with dslrs I would assume that is an af assist light. Now it could be different on the a7 ofcourse, but... 

Can you connect your camera to a pc to get files out of it? If yes I have no clue. Now you can always get a battery charger from amazon for like $10 and transfer files with a card reader regardless...

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

hace you tried charging the battery through a charger instead of hooking the camera to USB?

the fast flashing LED might be a way to protect from current surge's on the battery.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.