Corsair Crystal Series 570X Push/Pull Radiator on top?

davidst95

Hi, I was wondering if anyone owned or knows about the Crystal Series 570X.  If so, I was wondering can you put a radiator on top with a fan above and below in a push/pull configuration? I currently have a NZXT Kraken 52 I would like to use in a push/pull setup. Thanks.

David

Usually push pull setups are only in the front because of space. Some cases can barely fit push because of RAM clearance (The 460x being one of them)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 6:10 AM, davidst95 said:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone owned or knows about the Crystal Series 570X.  If so, I was wondering can you put a radiator on top with a fan above and below in a push/pull configuration? I currently have a NZXT Kraken 52 I would like to use in a push/pull setup. Thanks.

David

Hi,

I have the 570x (got it yesterday) and finished off some of the build today.  I found it completely impossible to mount the H110i on the top of the case and still have room for fans.  For me  the motherboard heat sinks get in the way - Asus Z270F Gaming MB.

You can see the heat sink near the top left, next to the CPU power cables - the fans stick out too far to clear it.

I ended up mounting the H110i radiator on the front with 3x HD120 fans pushing fan into radiator + another fan on the top of the case to pull hot air out.

Now that I look at the photo, though, I can see the fan on the top is upside down ... oops.

The fan at the back is also an HD120 but for the 1080 Sea Hawk, obviously. :)