Ryzen 5 or i7 for a gaming and editing ?

Go to solution Solved by Varpin,

Okay, thank you all! I'm going with Ryzen 5!

Hello!

I'm thinking between Ryzen 5 1600x and i7 7700k for a gaming pc what would be used for light editing sometimes. What CPU do you guys recommend?

Thank you!

Depends on what games do you play.

New very demanding titles or older games?

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

3 minutes ago, Varpin said:

Hello!

I'm thinking between Ryzen 5 1600x and i7 7700k for a gaming pc what would be used for light editing sometimes. What CPU do you guys recommend?

Thank you!

The ryzen r5 1600x would be the best to use. It's value over performance out ways intels i7  win in some applications. Also the 1600 is a better value over the 1600x. The only difference is the 1600x can overclock itself.

1 minute ago, R3ep3r said:

Depends on what games do you play.

New very demanding titles or older games?

Wouldn't that rely more on the GPU? I think the determining factor would be how much video rendering and editing he would do.

Just now, DiGiTaL FaKiE said:

The ryzen r5 1600x would be the best to use. It's value over performance out ways intels i5 slight win in some applications. Also the 1600 is a better value over the 1600x. The only difference is the 1600x can overclock itself.

50 minutes ago, Varpin said:

Okay, thank you all! I'm going with Ryzen 5!

i only recommend Ryzen for 

anything below or above a 7700k atm. honestly there are ways to do mostly anything on mostly any cpu and you will be content with any modern cpu. as for gaming unless you are high refresh rate gaming such as 144hz 1080p then you will never miss the few extra frames the i7 can provide but you can certainly take advantage of the extra processing power the Ryzen offers under workloads and if you run many processes while gaming