MSI 1080 ti gaming x overclocked over 2150MHz?

Stealthster

So over at wccftech they say

"For overclocking, I pushed the core to +175 MHz beyond it’s overclock profile and +450 MHz on the memory. The end result was the memory bandwidth boosting beyond 528 GB/s and the core boost beyond 2150 MHz under gaming load. By increasing the power limit, I managed to get a pretty big overclock out of this card as seen below"

Is that the highest OC of all the cards out now?

51 minutes ago, Stealthster said:

So over at wccftech they say

"For overclocking, I pushed the core to +175 MHz beyond it’s overclock profile and +450 MHz on the memory. The end result was the memory bandwidth boosting beyond 528 GB/s and the core boost beyond 2150 MHz under gaming load. By increasing the power limit, I managed to get a pretty big overclock out of this card as seen below"

Is that the highest OC of all the cards out now?

My founders edition does 2,126mhz on stock voltage. Im sure with an overvolt (and potentially a sunt mod) it would reach 2,150mhz

As with most all the Pascal range, as long as you can keep them cool they overclock similarly - silicon lottery plays a much greater role in your results than buying a specific AIB card.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12030881

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

54 minutes ago, Cheddle said:

My founders edition does 2,126mhz on stock voltage. Im sure with an overvolt (and potentially a sunt mod) it would reach 2,150mhz

As with most all the Pascal range, as long as you can keep them cool they overclock similarly - silicon lottery plays a much greater role in your results than buying a specific AIB card.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12030881

Oh I didnt know that. Im in the process of upgrading to the 1080ti but having a hard time deciding on which card would be best. Was under the impression that higher power phases would equal to better overclocking but this card has 8 + 2 so that negates that concept.  

8 hours ago, Stealthster said:

Oh I didnt know that. Im in the process of upgrading to the 1080ti but having a hard time deciding on which card would be best. Was under the impression that higher power phases would equal to better overclocking but this card has 8 + 2 so that negates that concept.  

better power delivery does help but with Pascal it dosn't help very much at all... 

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

• 1 month later...

For most cards, this seems to be the limit. If you want something more pro however, perhaps waiting for the EVGA K1ngpin will yield better results. It is also worth mentioning that the 1080 Ti Gaming X will clock itself to around 1.9GHz on it's own when playing very demanding games (games with alot of grass and high AA settings mainly) while maintaining impresive temps even when it sticks there for quite some time, something that several reviews NEVER mention. I haven't used the card without having the MSI gaming app active, so I cannot confirm it is something that is done by default.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:44 PM, Stealthster said:

The maximum number of true phases you can have is 8 due to controller restrictions. Asus is 5 true phases, Gigabyte is 6 true phases. Implementation also matters, and MSI's PWM controller has the highest frequency as well. Unless you're doing cryocooling or very poor cooling, MSI has the best PCB for everyday overclockers.