New Ryzen build

Hello i have decided to finaly buy a new rig after 9 years. I want to build a system that it will last me at least 6 years.
I currently have i7-920 3.8 OC with Seidon 120V v2, 12gb 1033MHz ddr3 ram, r9 290 tri-x.
i want to build a ryzen system, i will use it for game development and gaming.
These are the items i have concluded:

CPU:  1800X or 1700X, not sure yet

Motherboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VI Hero

RAM: Gskill Flare X 16GB 3200MHz DDR4

Cooling: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass

SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB or Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

HDD: i will use from my current-old rig

PSU: i will use from my current-old rig

GPU: i will use from my current-old rig

I am tending towards 1700X, then get a water-cooling and OC at a later time.

Here are my questions:

1) will 16GB be enough for the future or should i get 32gb ram with lower frequency?
2) Also i don't quite understand the dual rank and dual channel thing. The Crosshair VI Hero support 4 modules of ram, if i buy flare x pack which has 2 modules, and later i buy another flare x pack so i can get 32gb total, will they work? or i will have to buy a 4 module pack?
3) if i get 1700X and OC with water-cooling, will i be able to match 1800X OC?
4) which ssd to choose? go for speed with the 960 EVO or for lower speed but increased capacity with 850 EVO?
If you have any suggestions or improvements i shall make please post below. Thanks in advance for helping.

Just now, Giotto said:

2) Also i don't quite understand the dual rank and dual channel thing. The Crosshair VI Hero support 4 modules of ram, if i buy flare x pack which has 2 modules, and later i buy another flare x pack so i can get 32gb total, will they work? or i will have to buy a 4 module pack?

You can buy a pack just like the first without too much issue.

1 minute ago, Giotto said:

3) if i get 1700X and OC with water-cooling, will i be able to match 1800X OC?

Very close or the exact same, maybe .1-2Ghz difference

2 minutes ago, Giotto said:

4) which ssd to choose? go for speed with the 960 EVO or for lower speed but increased capacity with 850 EVO?

Unless you work with massive files SATA will be fine

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1) Will do, it's easy to upgrade after all if you need to!

2) It should work yes.

3) You could or you might not, there is no telling since its all up to the quality of the silicone which is random. But, many people managed to get their R7 1700 to get to R7 1700X/R7 1800X levels

4) Increased capacity for sure, the 850 is no slouch after all.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1) 16GB should be enough for quite a while unless you have some specific demanding workload requirements.

2) Some RAM sticks have dual ranks to allow increased capacity on the stick. Ryzen doesn't do well with these. If you use all 4 slots on the motherboard, then max RAM overclock may be limited, moreso if the RAM modules are also dual rank. Many consumer RAM manufacturers do not clearly state if their RAM is single or dual rank.

3) If you get an R7 1700, you will be able to overclock it to give very near the performance of the 1700X/1800X at much lower cost. If you water cool any of these processors you are going to hit the OC wall of the chip which will depend solely on the silicon lottery. You are more likely to be able to get a little bit extra out of an 1800X due to the binning process although performance difference will be negligible at a large cost increase.

4) Capacity. I only see SSDs being fully utilised while copying from one SSD to another on the same system, everywhere else bottlenecks occur limiting the advantages of fast storage. I have several 850 Evo's, and have been very happy with them.