Slows USB 3.0/2.0 Speeds on all ports

Sharif
Go to solution Solved by JoostinOnline,

Are transfer speeds faster on another computer?  If so, create a RAM disk and copy a large file (at least 100MB) to and from the RAM disk to your flash drive.  Check the speeds.

For some reason my USB 3/2 ports run super slow (It is less than 13 MBs) and It's directly connected to a USB 3 header without any adapter going to any USB 2.0 header.

Not really sure on what is wrong exactly, feels like drivers to me though.

Tried 2 USB sticks, Sandisk cruzer blade (2.0) and a sony one (3.0). Both cap out at 12MBs. The 3.0 one remains at 12 while the 2.0 one caps out at 12 and hovers around 6MBs

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Are transfer speeds faster on another computer?  If so, create a RAM disk and copy a large file (at least 100MB) to and from the RAM disk to your flash drive.  Check the speeds.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It seems my USB 3.0 certified stick is a potato, I just tried it out on a laptop and caps out at the same speed. My guess it's defective though it's far too late for warranty.

Thanks for the tip though, with that I just made spam post. Hopefully it helps a gogler somewhere. 

Off topic, I paid a lot for this solid brushed metal USB from sony when USB 3.0 was still shooting off, I could have gotten a USB 2.0 16gb stick at the time. Though, they're dirt cheap now haha 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

2 minutes ago, Sharif said:

It seems my USB 3.0 certified stick is a potato

unfortunately, most of them are...

4 minutes ago, Sharif said:

It seems my USB 3.0 certified stick is a potato, I just tried it out on a laptop and caps out at the same speed. My guess it's defective though it's far too late for warranty.

Thanks for the tip though, with that I just made spam post. Hopefully it helps a gogler somewhere. 

Off topic, I paid a lot for this solid brushed metal USB from sony when USB 3.0 was still shooting off, I could have gotten a USB 2.0 16gb stick at the time. Though, they're dirt cheap now haha 

If you want a recommendation, I've got several of these.  They're pretty fast, relative to the cost.  The write speeds are only 45MB/s, but the read speeds are 90MB/s.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440