EVGA GTX1080Ti FE coil whine

RRGT19

Hi,

My new GTX1080Ti is doing a bad coil whine on some games.
For example, Ghost Recond Wildlands, driving around the streets, the GPU do coil whine forever, if I move the camera to a building, the coil whine stops. The same on GTA V, is like the grass is the problem, I don't know.

Link of video: http://tinypic.com/r/28cjyf4/9

If I turn off VSYNC, the coil whine is there no matter what, if I turn it on, the coil whine is gone depending on the position of the camera of a game.

This is normal?.

IMG_4861.JPG

Yes that's how coil whine works.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Yes that's how coil whine works.

I thought that the FE models doesn't have coil whine.

It just needed to be broken-in as for low-full load cycle. Have you tried mining with it for an hour or two and see if it get rids of the coil whine?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

1 minute ago, RodoGodo19 said:

It doesn't matter what model you get. They can all have coil whine.

1 minute ago, RodoGodo19 said:

Any GPU can have coil whine.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Lethal Seraph said:

It just needed to be broken-in as for low-full load cycle. Have you tried mining with it for an hour or two and see if it get rids of the coil whine?

mining?, what is that?.

You may be able to return it, not sure what nvidias return policy is.  

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, RodoGodo19 said:

mining?, what is that?.

See what I'm taking about at this LTT thread. 

EDIT: Fold@home is what I'm talking about.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

7 minutes ago, Lethal Seraph said:

Yes, can you direct us to a link or give a description on how to mine with a gpu? I've thought about this for my new gpu purchase coming up, it'd be nice to know.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

Simple house holds do have coil whine too, it is normal on GPU's. 

Damn frequencies are annoying tho. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

17 minutes ago, RodoGodo19 said:

I've actually heard the opposite :/ 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I had bad "coil whine" like noise with my 980 ti that varied with GPU load.  Though it came from the fan.  I removed the fan and switched to water cooling and all sound was gone.

15 minutes ago, xentropa said:

I had bad "coil whine" like noise with my 980 ti that varied with GPU load.  Though it came from the fan.  I removed the fan and switched to water cooling and all sound was gone.

so, the problem was the fan?.