Windows 10 Support for my laptop

methulonapex

Hey Guys

I have an Acer Aspire V5-573P (I5-4200U, 8GB Ram, 1TB SSHD), and it's currently running Windows 8.1

I earlier last year upgraded to windows 10 and because of a lot of blue screens, I send it to Acer for reparation.

They just reinstalled Windows 8.1 and said that the computer doesn't support windows 10...

I don't know why, but I don't feel like that's true as it's a fairly new computer and I'm really considering upgrading again...

What do you guys say? 

Doesn't support windows 10... bullshit

Upgrade all you want m8

Clean Installation of Windows 10. And I suggest you to wait till April 11th, because new major Windows 10 Creators Update is getting released. At that time, download the Windows 10 ISO and perform Clean Installation. Don't upgrade from Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10. Lots of Junks and it will create tons of driver problems.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Why wouldn't it support Win 10? That's the cool thing about Windows machines.. they should be compatible with all versions of Linux, Windows, etc...

Funny that they don't know this.. Or they want you to buy a new "Windows 10 compatible" laptop from them.

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

Pretty sure what they meant to say is that THEY don't support Windows 10 on your laptop.

it probably means THEY don't support win 10 and will not be making drivers for it. but win 10 should support your laptop's hardware. I had a vaio that came with win 8. but sony didnt have drivers for win 10, i upgraded it anyway. everything worked.

29 minutes ago, methulonapex said:

I don't know why, but I don't feel like that's true as it's a fairly new computer and I'm really considering upgrading again...

What do you guys say? 

I bought my Laptop (HP probook 4530s) 5 years ago and last year upgraded to windows 10. I have no issues at all.

I'm not that good with laptops to be honest...

There is no Microsoft key on the back of by computer, but if I do a clean install, how can I activate windows?
Is the code maybe coded into the bios? 

:D

Don't listen to those acer people I'm having a sony laptop bought in 2010 running Windows 7 and it is able to run Windows 10 without any issue. Windows 10 is also supported by way older laptops like check out austin's Windows vs Mac 10 years later video there he compares both macbook and dell laptop from 2006 and Dell laptop came with Windows XP but it is able to run Windows 10 without any issue.

Stupid companies say that if you mess up your laptop with a new OS. Then they'll come and say, "we told you. Our laptops don't support this OS"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Stupid companies say that if you mess up your laptop with a new OS. Then they'll come and say, "we told you. Our laptops don't support this OS"

True shit

Just now, methulonapex said:

I'm not that good with laptops to be honest...

There is no Microsoft key on the back of by computer, but if I do a clean install, how can I activate windows?
Is the code maybe coded into the bios? 

:D

If you already installed Windows 10 on your laptop before then just skip the product key while installation, it should get activated automatically otherwise very rare case is you need to select activate Windows and need to use phone activation. 

32 minutes ago, methulonapex said:

Stupid people i guess...

They're not stupid. It's marketing. 

The laptop you have is not offially "windows 10 compatible" 

Of course it is compatible, just not "factory OEM compatible" 

Your only miskate was not to clean format. That's all