Best Bitfenix Prodigy PSU

window12runner

Hello guys i am looking to get a full modular psu for better cable management. But the problem is that my case is a bitfenix prodigy and not every PSU fits. 

Does anybody know a good one for the bitfenix prodigy.

Thanks

I think the Corsair CX series power supplies fit without any modding.  140mm or 160mm non-modular are the PSU sizes that fit according to Anandtech.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

i have a XFX pro 650w bronze, its err 150-160cm? i think but yeah it fits, abit tight with the cables but you cant do much about that, unless you ofc Mod the case! like cutting out some holes on that ....wall..thing...why is it even there? they could just have two damn sturdy Steel pillars or something on each side....ill have to fix that ones i have the time. i saw some people mount there SSD there, personally i just mount them on the side panel and profit!
Edit: ok ...mine is semi modular...Damn

Doubt most full modulars will fit..

I've got a TX650M which is semi modular which DOES fit in my prodigy, but it's tight for hiding away the unused molex cables from the non-modular bunch

*EDIT: @Jamdude is probably right, the CX500M look pretty much the same as my TX650M, so i'tll probably fit too. It's also got a better non-modular section with only the 24 and 8 pin, which is actually better/easier  than my ps setup

Different types of PSU's have been tested in the Prodigy: non-modular, semi-modular and full-modular. They found that the non-modular PSU's had the best fit because they don't have the connectors sticking out of the back.

Out of the full-modular PSU's, I think it was the Corsair AX series that had the best fit. Not really sure though. Seems they are too big :/

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Different types of PSU's have been tested in the Prodigy: non-modular, semi-modular and full-modular. They found that the non-modular PSU's had the best fit because they don't have the connectors sticking out of the back.

Out of the full-modular PSU's, I think it was the Corsair AX series that had the best fit. Not really sure though.

The Corsair AX series are too large for the Prodigy.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

The Corsair AX series are too large for the Prodigy.

You are right :/ I was looking for the source for that article, but I also found people suggesting SilverStone PSU's

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

The Silverstone Strider Gold 550w (ST55F-G) or Silverstone Strider Plus 600w (ST60F-PS) with the short cable kit. It's a excellent fully modular units with a depth of 140mm

The Seasonic G SSR-550RM is a good semi-modular unit as well, and Linus had shown it to fit inside of the Bitfenix Prodigy case.

The Corsair RM Series ones.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Anything 160mm or shorter will do. 

What are you powering?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Corsair RX750 won't fit. just learned that yesterday. Didn't do my research :/ but i ended up cutting a hole in the prodigy and it fit perfect lol.
Now i can fit my connection and the whole thing in there.  Ill attach a pic i took with my gopro :D

Bitfenix Prodigy Mod