HELP ME CHOOSE A TV

TahaTugrul

Okey, our TV broke. And we need a new one. What is the best brand that produces 4K HDR TV's. And we don't have cable tv so we need a smart tv too.

4 minutes ago, TahaTugrul said:

Okey, our TV broke. And we need a new one. What is the best brand that produces 4K HDR TV's. And we don't have cable tv so we need a smart tv too.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I don't think he would like to spend so much money on a tv

what is ur budget and do u care about quality 

LG OLED Series for high range - 4000.00 range

Samsung KS Series for mid range - 1300.00 range

Vizio M Series for Budget range - 800.00 range

anything less just go to walmart and get a shit TV

I have a Samsung KS8500 55" and I am very happy with it, great quality

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

Samsung is really good if you can afford it.

You don't need a top end model, a 6000 or 7000  series is fine, maybe 8000.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I agree with Enderman, also too if the Curved is more expensive, I would avoid it, I can't really tell much of a difference with a curved, I look at it straight on and seems to be the same, but I think some of the curved are going cheaper than just the regular.

I have a like 50" TV with video entertainment apps and it was only 800 euros.

now look at this net

Just now, Bradl79 said:

I agree with Enderman, also too if the Curved is more expensive, I would avoid it, I can't really tell much of a difference with a curved, I look at it straight on and seems to be the same, but I think some of the curved are going cheaper than just the regular.

Sit 5 ft away from your tv, you will definitely tell the difference ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Samsung, LG or Sony are good 

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Sit 5 ft away from your tv, you will definitely tell the difference ;)

lol right

the BEST is the LG OLEDS, but don't let those OLD number scare you, prices have dropped significantly, only the "signature series" OLEDS are still that high, the second best would be the Samsungs with the Quantum Dot, beyond that STICK WITH SAMSUNG the LG IPS 4k TV's suffer from HORRIBLE black levels, like so bad I can spot the TV still being on when displaying a BLACK image from 20+ feet away in a LIT ROOM. I suggest you look at TV's in your price range then see if there are reviews of them on Rtings.com, they test all kinds of things, one of the KEY ones for me is how BLACK the screen can get, I find that has a huge effect on overall image clarity as dark scenes don't get so washed out so when looking look for the BLACK number in the Contrast section, it should be NO HIGHER then 0.020%, preferably below 0.018% (OLEDS will be ZERO because they actually turn off displaying light at all to achieve a TRUE BLACK).

there are MANY other factors as your will see (EVERY TV should be calibrated after unboxing and they can give you there settings for some of the ones they've done) so just learn about TV's and AVOID the LG IPS models, the Viewing angles and colors may be good, but the blacks SUCK worse then (Insert your worst politician here).

rtings.jpg

i just went 55" Samsung 4K UHD with the Quantum Dot and really really impressed with it, also the built in Smart OS runs a lot smoother than some of the very early ones I used. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333