1440p 144mhz 1080ti

Czaja

So i done some research but im quite dumb in monitors gsync freesync and all that stuff topic . 

Im looking for decent gaming monitor to play on good refresh with good quality as well .

The monitors i was looking at (imo ingood config byt i know nothing) was asus and acer 24" 1440p 144mhz both around £400 ish witch are to expensive xD any cheapers options?

I don't think the 1080ti can handle 1440p 144hz. 1080p 144hz will be much better.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

You mean the best graphic card with dont even comes to shops fully yet will do t handle 1440p :o ? Rly ? So what graphic card do you need for 4k gaming then

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

I don't think the 1080ti can handle 1440p 144hz. 1080p 144hz will be much better.

A 1080Ti on 1080p, even at 144Hz, is a waste. It can quite comfortably handle 1440p 144Hz

1 minute ago, Czaja said:

You mean the best graphic card with dont even comes to shops fully yet will do t handle 1440p :o ? Rly ? So what graphic card do you need for 4k gaming then

It handles 1440p very well, not sure where he's getting that info from. Have a look around at some benchmarks, the card sits above 100FPS in most AAA games at 1440p maxed out. http://www.pcgamer.com/geforce-gtx-1080-ti-review/

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

A 1080Ti on 1080p, even at 144Hz, is a waste. It can quite comfortably handle 1440p 144Hz

Heavy games will struggle

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

I was preety sure it can handle 4k on ultra with 60fps tho in new games . But as i said ima greenhorn and i just think what i read in monitors topic . So what monitor do you consed for 1080ti then ? Ussually im playing bf1 on my old pc anyway . So i would love just to get more freq cuz my old monitor have 60 . I just want to play comfortable for many jours with good performance and watch a movie from time to time in good quality

I dont know if rest of config have anything to say with monitor ? Like 3600mhz ram or i7 7700k oced to 5ghz . Or its just gpu ?

Just now, ZM Fong said:

Heavy games will struggle

Could you tell me which "heavy games" you're talking about? Benchmarks, with the exception of some poorly optimised games (seemingly, as everything performs bad on it) like GRW, it's hitting around 100FPS or more in the biggest games around. Drop a couple of non-important settings down a bit and you'll be sitting at 144Hz. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

Could you tell me which "heavy games" you're talking about? Benchmarks, with the exception of some poorly optimised games (seemingly, as everything performs bad on it) like GRW, it's hitting around 100FPS or more in the biggest games around. Drop a couple of non-important settings down a bit and you'll be sitting at 144Hz. 

Dropping settings. Ok fine.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Czaja said:

I dont know if rest of config have anything to say with monitor ? Like 3600mhz ram or i7 7700k oced to 5ghz . Or its just gpu ?

Other components do play a part, but most of the time the GPU will be the limiting factor for games. With a 7700K, even at stock, it shouldn't hold back the GPU. 

6 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Other components do play a part, but most of the time the GPU will be the limiting factor for games. With a 7700K, even at stock, it shouldn't hold back the GPU. 

most Ryzen CPUs won't hold a 1080ti back much, if at all, even with their lower IPC, sure you won't get the best fps now, but give it time for optimisations and they will be just as good, as all games are optimised for intel at the moment (as there was no point doing it for AMD)

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

26 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

That is BS, a 1080 Ti is extremely powerful and can play all current games at 4K 60 FPS and at 1440p at 144 FPS

Get back to topic xD what monitor ...

wxvySPSs3GrFfwrVcqZSN5c-650-80.png

Well i can see a lot of game that are not running above 144fps, wich is quite require to benefit from 144Hz 

2 minutes ago, Czaja said:

Get back to topic xD what monitor ...

144hz 1440p monitors start at around £400, so unfortunately if that's too much, you'll have to look at lowering resolution to 1080p or going for a 60hz monitor. 

Depends on rest of rig , but what if i will dont play on ultra ? I will prob get more dint i ? So what monitor to buy ? 120hz ? But what resolution ?

Ive seen some acer for about 300 tho

I have 60mhz monitor now , and i want better quality from new one srsly ... my one looks like cheap sht and i paid 150 pounds 2 years ago lol

Personnaly for gaming, non competitive, i'll go for a 4k 60hz, but if you play competitive game, 1080 144hz maybe with dsr

Bf1 , cs:go , lf for cod ww2 

dsr ?

DSR is Dynamic Super Resolution, a technology that nvidia use to render frames at higher resolution that the screen require and then downsample to 1080p or whatever your using to achieve more sharpness and details. 

Any good 4k monitor will be starting at 400$, any 144hz monitor in 1440p, will too, the thing is, waste a 1080Ti with 1080p monitor is really sad, but if you go for 4k it will be 60hz wich is not optimal for game such a csgo, but it make not that big difference..

So maybe i buy 1080p , 144hz for games like cs:go and another monitor for future games to do t waste my card like 4k 60hz ?

If you have good money you can do that, but it can be really expensive, plus you need place for 2 big screen and switch monitor accordingly to game... The Acer Predator XB271HUABMIPRZ is a nice 1440p monitor but really expensive as well.

In conclusion monitor aren't all about spec, but about needs, and priority, you want "cheap" 144hz go for 1080p, you want the glorious 4k to enjoy all the greatness of BF1 get a wide 4k monitor, you want a goodish compromise ? 1440p 120hz at least. 

There is no real bad choices, it just depend on your needs and will.