Motherboard

Go to solution Solved by Imakuni,
9 minutes ago, javedhaujee said:

I check those b250 board, i cant put ram higher than 2400mhz ???

Yes, it only OCs RAM up to 2400mhz. Youcan buy higher rated kits if they are cheaper, but outside of that, you don't need to bother.

I have pretty much settle for an msi z270 sli plus with a i5 6700k but i wanted to know if it was worth the money getting an Asus rog strix z270F.

What for? What features does the ROG board has over the SLI Plus?

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

13 minutes ago, javedhaujee said:

i5 6700k

You mean the i7 6700k, right?

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

47 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

You mean the i7 6700k, right?

NO i5 6700k

Just now, javedhaujee said:

NO i5 6700k

There is no such thing as an i5 6700k. the unlocked i5 series chips are 6600k or 7600k.

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

Just now, dany_boy said:

There is no such thing as an i5 6700k. the unlocked i5 series chips are 6600k or 7600k.

Yeah you right i5 7600k not 6700k

2 minutes ago, javedhaujee said:

Yeah you right i5 7600k not 6700k

Oh, if that's case, then don't get either mobo. Instead, get a B250 one and use the money + what you would spend on a cooler to get an i7 7700 (non k) instead of that i5.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Just now, Imakuni said:

Oh, in that case, then don't get either mobo. Instead, get a B250 one and use the money + what you would spend on a cooler to get an i7 7700 (non k) instead of that i5.

One thing for sure i wont do that

Then you clearly want to OC, which is fine as long as you understand the risks/compromises that go along with it. As for your actual question, does the ROG board has extra features that the SLI plus doesn't? and if so, Do you need them or want them?

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

4 minutes ago, javedhaujee said:

Why?

Just now, dany_boy said:

Then you clearly want to OC, which is fine as long as you understand the risks/compromises that go along with it. As for your actual question, does the ROG board has extra features that the SLI plus doesn't? and if so, Do you need them or want them?

i pretty much assume asus board was better than MSI and also it has fan Xpert 4, better audio, rgb stuff like that but just so u know it is my first pc build. And for OC i wont, linus said for gaming i5 6600k was the best for gamers so i took i5 7600k cause it is just the newer GEN.

8 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Why?

Pretty much ego i guess probably wont even use i5 6700k at its fullest, i wont OC,  but will but it anyway

i pretty much assume asus board was better than MSI and also it has fan Xpert 4, better audio, rgb stuff like that but just so u know it is my first pc build. And for OC i wont, linus said for gaming i5 6600k was the best for gamers so i took i5 7600k cause it is just the newer GEN.

*Sigh* You need to better inform yourself. The 6600k/7600k are great for gaming because of the very powerful few cores + not costing as much as a an i7 + OC. If you are not gonna OC, then dont buy a k sku CPU and a Z series mobo

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

Pretty much ego i guess probably wont even use i5 6700k at its fullest, i wont OC,  but will but it anyway

Wish I was rich like you and could spend money on whatever I wanted "just cuz", without the need to worry if was actually good or if there was something better for the price...

5 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

Wish I was rich like you and could spend money on whatever I wanted "just cuz", without the need to worry if was actually good or if there was something better for the price...

I fell you mate.

At any rate, @javedhaujee We are offering you our advice based on objective information from reputable sources and personal experience. We are happy to help anyone who asks for it. If you are just going to ignore our advice and follow your ego for the LULZ, then do as you please, just consider that there are people spending time and energy trying to help you.

Have a nice day

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

I agree with you man, No need specing a i7 as you just gaming, BUT I would recommend dropping the i5 K and just get the normal one, also Drop your MB to the B series, think asus pro gamer ones are pretty sick and put all the saved money into GPU, also don't bother with fancy gaming ram or stuff it makes no difference. Another big mistake first builders make is completely over spec'ing the PSU. most new rigs even with a big GPU's can get away with under 350w yet kids are still sticking in 800w 

I'm saying this as you are on a budget and buy putting everything spare into the Best GPU you can buy you'll have a much much better gaming experience. maybe do a PC Parts Picker link with your planed build and we can change stuff around.  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Imakuni said:

Wow "just cuz" Okay am not rich but as pretty much everyone wish we were. But Go see linus viewers choice video most ppl will buy those two either i5 7600k or 7700k, forget ryzen for a moment. You think those ppl really need that too, i replied honestly saying it was human ego, that am buying not for value for money but rather the feeling of having the latest processor or if u want the flashy thing. And if for u everything always best value for money, fine but am okay to paying extra for just *over the top* things but probably wont use those extra features. Am sure u the one who is right but really am okay  to lose in someway i will still buy the i5 7600k with the msi z270 sli pro( little dany convice me). Thanx tough.

1 minute ago, javedhaujee said:

But Go see linus viewers choice video most ppl will buy those two either i5 7600k or 7700k, forget ryzen for a moment.

Yeah, most people will buy the 7700k because it's the best performing gaming CPU on the market right now. As for the 7600k, they'll buy it because most people are dumb and don't realize a 7700 (non-k) + B250 has the same price, but better performance than a 7600k + z270 + cooler. You know, most people don't come here asking for advice, they just buy whatever they want without asking for a second opinion.

3 minutes ago, javedhaujee said:

You think those ppl really need that too, i replied honestly saying it was human ego, that am buying not for value for money but rather the feeling of having the latest processor or if u want the flashy thing.

Just so you know, the 7700 is just as new as a 7600k, they're both "the latest processor".

5 minutes ago, javedhaujee said:

And if for u everything always best value for money, fine but am okay to paying extra for just *over the top* things but probably wont use those extra features.

You're not paying extra for "over the top", you're paying extra to get less performance, which is something that makes no sense at all.

12 minutes ago, dany_boy said:

I fell you mate.

At any rate, @javedhaujee We are offering you our advice based on objective information from reputable sources and personal experience. We are happy to help anyone who asks for it. If you are just going to ignore our advice and follow your ego for the LULZ, then do as you please, just consider that there are people spending time and energy trying to help you.

Have a nice day

yeah sure i understand i will mark it as resolve before u drain urself from typing on the keyboard, the time lost i get but energy was pretty much BS but fine. Really thanks i know which board  i will go for but pls spare me the egotistical speech about how much u so gud for trying to help me. SO guess have a nice day too

1 minute ago, javedhaujee said:

but pls spare me the egotistical speech about how much u so gud for trying to help me.

Says the guy who stood his ground by saying he was right twice about a processor that didn't exist.

You're funny.  You start a thread and then try to argue with people giving you advise.

2 minutes ago, javedhaujee said:

yeah sure i understand i will mark it as resolve before u drain urself from typing on the keyboard, the time lost i get but energy was pretty much BS but fine. Really thanks i know which board  i will go for but pls spare me the egotistical speech about how much u so gud for trying to help me. SO guess have a nice day too

Well you are most certainly welcome. Sorry about your attitude

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

Just now, Imakuni said:

Yeah, most people will buy the 7700k because it's the best performing gaming CPU on the market right now. As for the 7600k, they'll buy it because most people are dumb and don't realize a 7700 (non-k) + B250 has the same price, but better performance than a 7600k + z270 + cooler. You know, most people don't come here asking for advice, they just buy whatever they want without asking for a second opinion.

Just so you know, the 7700 is just as new as a 7600k, they're both "the latest processor".

You're not paying extra for "over the top", you're paying extra to get less performance, which is something that makes no sense at all.

I really dont want to cause problem in linus community so okay u really help guys, i will try to take what u say in consideration.  Thanx for all and Sorry am all wrong in that whole story. But i truly believe u will understand that sometimes ego and arrogance of a human can outweigh better judgement . You know ur stuff, i was entirely wrong. No drama am sorry again

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Says the guy who stood his ground by saying he was right twice about a processor that didn't exist.

You're funny.  You start a thread and then try to argue with people giving you advise.

I made an error, thinking it was 6700 instead of 7600 i did not argue that i was right and u all were wrong, don't start making things in ur mind just for the sake of trying to got something to say. Linus has great community you guys protecting each other but no need to quibble. And again really sorry if i annoy but u were pretty annoying too with ur condescension tone. Anyway again SORRY.

I made an error, thinking it was 6700 instead of 7600 i did not argue that i was right and u all were wrong, don't start making things in ur mind just for the sake of trying to got something to say. Linus has great community you guys protecting each other but no need to quibble. And again really sorry if i annoy but u were pretty annoying too with ur condescension tone. Anyway again SORRY.

No worries man.  I was condescending on purpose, but I've moved on.  

Welcome to the LTT community.  A lot of great folks here.

28 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

most ppl will buy those two either i5 7600k or 7700k, so am aware they are both the latest processors,  i said that the message it is  just up if u want to check , dont take the part whear u want for the sole purpose of having *reason* in this, am stretching this drama  a bit too much so just one last thing and I wont take what i said back am wrong in that but u guys were pretty annoying from the begging with the assumption am rich, that am purposely wasting ur time.