thermaltake riing 12

ChrisL333

has anyone purchased these i was thinking about it but i was curious if anyone had experience with them?

im using 3 of them on my build they look decent and performance is good, although I sprayed mine white

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

19 hours ago, stealth80 said:

im using 3 of them on my build they look decent and performance is good, although I sprayed mine white

how much light do they provide to the rest of the case? i have a corsair 400c and the glass is smoky so im not looking for a ton of light but are they enough to create a glow ?

7 minutes ago, ChrisL333 said:

how much light do they provide to the rest of the case? i have a corsair 400c and the glass is smoky so im not looking for a ton of light but are they enough to create a glow ?

Any ambient lighting would be minimal. The rings are easily visible through the window though. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

They don't really emit light, the just sort of glow.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I ran them for about a month. They look great no doubt. The reason I don't have them anymore is found the acoustic performance of these fans to be sub par.

5 hours ago, ChrisL333 said:

KlOxqOH.jpg

XyklAwX.jpg

I have RGB strips (now either side of case rather than across the middle in those pics) white light up the case nicely

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Thermalfake ... phah !

Cheap rubbish from a company that spends the vast majority of its time ripping off smaller companies' designs.  If you have any decency, don't buy their products.

11 hours ago, stealth80 said:

KlOxqOH.jpg

XyklAwX.jpg

I have RGB strips (now either side of case rather than across the middle in those pics) white light up the case nicely

first of all nice rig and thanks for the pics very informative

Just now, ChrisL333 said:

first of all nice rig and thanks for the pics very informative

Thanks and no problem.

If you do decide to paint them, it isn't too difficult, just pull the fans off and carefully crack the housing at every corner (carefully, the lugs crack easily, I reckon I broke 30% of mine)

unpainted fans

xk8FU8n.jpg

painted (duh lol)

0eSex5x.jpg

NI2Qs6T.jpg?1

Ryzen Ram Guide

4 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Thermalfake ... phah !

Cheap rubbish from a company that spends the vast majority of its time ripping off smaller companies' designs.  If you have any decency, don't buy their products.

Mostly, I agree on said statement.

Quite commonly, for none RGB variants of Thermaltake Riing 12 fans may feature drastically dimmed illumination from the LEDs if the voltage is decreased. They also certainly have copied of other brands, such as I would say Enermax.

Personally, I also don't approve much of there specifications. Thus, I would recommend something such as Fractal Design's Venturi HP-12s for there construction quality, or instead, EK Waterbocks Furious Vardar FF5-120 for there incredible specification's, even though it is loud.

Much kind regards,

EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

i have one, it does not make light, only the ring lights up...looks real good though, but the intensity of the ring led varies in regard to how fast the fan spin...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 hour ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Personally, I also don't approve much of there specifications. Thus, I would recommend something such as Fractal Design's Venturi HP-12s for there construction quality, or instead, EK Waterbocks Furious Vardar FF5-120 for there incredible specification's, even though it is loud.

Specifications aren't reliable when comparing products between different manufacturers.

HP-12's and FF5's aren't at all in the same category asides from being the same form factor. HP-12's are a bit lower than average on performance but are quiet. FF5's are high rpm and loud--they don't make sense for anyone who cares even a bit about acoustics.

5 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Thermalfake ... phah !

I don't suppose you have a good alternative to the Riings with a similar aesthetic.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

24 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Specifications aren't reliable when comparing products between different manufacturers.

HP-12's and FF5's aren't at all in the same category asides from being the same form factor. HP-12's are a bit lower than average on performance but are quiet. FF5's are high rpm and loud--they don't make sense for anyone who cares even a bit about acoustics.

I don't suppose you have a good alternative to the Riings with a similar aesthetic.

Basically what I just said...FF5's feature higher noise, credit to there incredibly high RPM.

Also, you've quoted me multiple times in the past about specifications not being reliable from the manufacturer, let me show you this:

"Consumer Protection Act, 2007. ... In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices."

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumer_advertising.html

Top that m8 xDDD

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

56 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Basically what I just said...FF5's feature higher noise, credit to there incredibly high RPM.
Also, you've quoted me multiple times in the past about specifications not being reliable from the manufacturer, let me show you this:

"Consumer Protection Act, 2007. ... In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices."

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumer_advertising.html

Top that m8 xDDD

There's no detail on how performance or acoustics are measured. Sure, a fan could be 0 dBA if you're far enough.

Fan specs aren't necessarily false but they aren't consistent between sources because of this reason.

7 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Top that m8 xDDD

As @WoodenMarker said, there is no standard. Manufactures are not lying about the performance of their products, they just so happen to not be on the same page in terms of testing either. Audio testing has an exponential drop-off with distance from the device and it is a similar story for airflow, though not to such a high degree. Quickly checking google, I came up with comparisons and tests from sites like Anandtech and Tom's Hardware but nothing from an actual manufacturer.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit