What games?

Hey so I am getting the gtx 1080 ti. I have never had a gaming pc so I want to try all the games I can. Please let me know your favorite games, price is no problem. I especially like fps but I like all games so let me know if you think I should try any!

GTA V, Witcher 3, OVERWATCH, Battlefield 1, Ryse Son of Rome is beautiful at 4k, all very fun games (to me at least)... Etc. Really depends on what your cup of tea is. Lol.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Overwatch for sure

Life is Strange is a masterpiece, as always

I thoroughly enjoyed Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Rise of the Tomb raider looks amazing

Quantum Break is a stunning game with all the time effects

Sleeping Dogs is a perfect mix of GTA and Street Fighter

Titanfall 2 was decent; not amazing, but not terrible, either

Far Cry 4 is always a fun time

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

4 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

Overwatch for sure

Life is Strange is a masterpiece, as always

I thoroughly enjoyed Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Rise of the Tomb raider looks amazing

Quantum Break is a stunning game with all the time effects

Sleeping Dogs is a perfect mix of GTA and Street Fighter

Titanfall 2 was decent; not amazing, but not terrible, either

Far Cry 4 is always a fun time

Emphasis on Overwatch. **Cough Cough I have hundreds of hours on it Cough Cough** **Cough Not addicted Cough**

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

kerbal space program because it's good to waste time

Playerunknowns battleground huge battle royale atm

war thunder as it's free 

Desktop: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 | i7 6700k @4.7GHz 1.3v | Custom EKWB soft-tubing loop (CPU + GPU) (2x 240mm Alphacool rads)| Zotac GTX 1080 Founder Edition | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | 4TB Seagate HDD | 2TB Seagate HDD | EVGA SuperNova G2 750 | Acer Predator XB271HK | https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzjRHN

Battlefield - all of them

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Crysis 3

Watch Dogs 2

GTA V

Mass Effect: Andromeda - I hope you have a 4k HDR monitor or TV cause it looks awesome!

Skyrim

Witcher 3

World Of Warcraft - Not a graphics test, but it really is a good game, especially for new players as they dont have the nostalgic ties that the older players have with older expansions

Final Fantasy 14 online

Deus Ex Series

Half Life 2

Biohazard Infinate

Meta Gear Solid:Phantom Pain

Should keep you going - again look into 4k/HDR monitors

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Counter Strike

Rainbow Six Seige

Metro Redux

This war of mine (You'll feel like Captain Jack Sparrow sinking your ship the whole way.)

Fallout (Original, there's a windows 10 compatible launcher when you buy it on steam by default)

Fallout New Vegas (A new Massive overhaul mod is coming out and it's going to be sick)

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, Call of Pripyat (Play them in that order)

Spec Ops the line (Warning this game will make you feel like shite)

Verdun

Dawn of War, Dawn of War Winter Assault, Dawn of War Dark Crusade. (Soulstorm, and all versions of Dawn of War 2 are meh...)

Warhammer 40K space Marine (Space Hulk Deathwing may look similar but it's really really dumb, and poorly programmed. The graphics are amazing don't get me wrong but... it sucks)

Day of Defeat Source

Half Life 2

Black Mesa

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (The campaign is still fun, and on Veteran it's really well balanced and an enjoyable challenge. #Trigger Warning, terrorist attack level)

Garry's Mod

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

Games to NOT GET

FALLOUT F'ING 4

that is all..

jkjk

Fallout 4 sucks and so do the following games

Breach (Multiplayer only, except there are no servers)

Enslaved Odysee to the West (Fun beat em up but the PC port frame rate is so inconsistent it will make you sick. Buy it on PS3 or something, but NOT PC)

Nether (last time I played it, it was super unbalanced and feels like a WarZ engine game)

Planetbase (Severely limited poorly executed Sim City Clone, I'd check out Cities Skylines but I haven't played it if you want an alternative)

Space Hulk Deathwing

State of Decay (It's a reallllllly reallllly fun game but there's a ton of bugs, my 2 best characters died because of glitches, and clunky controls. They are rebind able but the way the controls work on mouse and keyboard suck. I have 10 hours of active playtime. Didn't leave it running but then I died and well... yeah)

Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade (Unfriendly community, too small, only like 2 servers ever run and they always involve space marines and Chaos space marines, then there's always a few really good high level guys with amazing gear that will just blow everyone to pieces)

Questionable Games:

7 Days to Die; It's kinda fun but singleplayer is odd. I feel it'd be good with friends.

Adrift; not good with mouse and keyboard, and a bit repetitive. Make sure your VR headset is good or you'll want to throw up sooo badly. That's a general VR thing though

Arma 2 + 3 (They're fun games but most good ops are in French, multiplayer is a bit laggy, and really tough to get into.)

Cloudberry Kingdom (Keyboard controls are weird but on my friend's wii U it was a challenging and rewarding experience. Randomly generated levels that are always beatable.)

DOOM 2016 (A lot of people liked it, I thought it was slow and a bit boring but that's cuz I played brutal doom.)

Door Kickers (it's a different kind of game... Kinda like top down shooter but you control a squad. Check it out on steam)

Skyrim (It's just kinda oldish. I played it on 360 so I guess I wore it out. Mods are pretty cool tho.)

Left 4 Dead and left 4 dead 2 (Same as skyrim)

Faster Than Light (Just Check it out on steam and watch Total Biscuit talk about it. )

Grand Theft Auto 5 (campaign was uncompelling to me, however I hear it's a cinematic experience. Multiplayer is only good with friends IMO)

Haydee (Challenging, very fun, but overly sexualized 3rd person game, and rooms are locked to different frame rates. Go from a 60 FPS room, and then boom... Solid 30; yeah thanks.. not disorienting or vomit inducing at all...)

Killing Floor (Not too many maps, I like the campaigns but there's too few IMO. Many people loved it for years. Lot's of content for a simple limited wave defense game.)

The Long Dark (Just another survival game but in giant snowstorm. It's odd and tough)

Rust (Very hardcore ... Minecraft like game? Just search KCMO and Ramsey on YouTube)

Space Engineers (really interesting idea but I don't have the time to learn it, or grind my life away. Hear there's a campaign now though. Haven't checked it out.)

Space Hulk (Not Deathwing) Turn based strategy based off a board game (as in digitized version of the board game) check it out on steam. Gives a fair representation.

Stanley Parable (I guess it's funny... I couldn't care for more than 40 minutes. Surprised I lasted that long... Probably from retrying things a few times to see different possibilities.)

Star Wars BattleFront 2 (PS2 era game) Fun but old, and multiplayer doesn't work. There is a work around so I hear.

Republic Commando (Sequel was cancelled, and is meh gameplay now. Bullet spongey enemies, second level start is excessively difficult.)

System Shock 2 (RPG action horror sorta, it's fun but I died and didn't save so I ragequit.)

Splinter Cell Blacklist (Fun stealth game but meh... idk)

Turok 1 & 2 (Nintendo 64 ports) I had issues with the second one, and the first broke randomly idk why, but they're pretty fun. Works with the Xbox controller.

Witcher 2 (I hear it's fun. Good Graphics but the tutorial broke somehow when I played it so I stopped playing the game haha.)

I can't believe nobody mentioned Bioshock lol

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, shadowbyte said:

Quantum Break

Is it really worth at all? I almost got it after I got hyped about time traveling/handling thanks to Life is strange, however I heard so much bad stuff about it and reviews sure were picky...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Is it really worth at all? I almost got it after I got hyped about time traveling/handling thanks to Life is strange, however I heard so much bad stuff about it and reviews sure were picky...

I loved it 

the time mechanics were well done and gameplay was actually fun. Story wasn't bad, either, and graphics are stunning. 

Some of the time puzzles are a bit finicky because of the movement controls, but the ending of the game is fantastic. It's such an "ohhhhhhhhhhh" moment.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, shadowbyte said:

I loved it 

the time mechanics were well done and gameplay was actually fun. Story wasn't bad, either, and graphics are stunning. 

Some of the time puzzles are a bit finicky because of the movement controls, but the ending of the game is fantastic. It's such an "ohhhhhhhhhhh" moment.

I'll might give it a try then, I like third person games because I can play them on the TV instead with the gamepad on bed xD but first person shooters I obviously go to the desk/monitor and my back gets sad after an hour =/

Thanks for the feedback, lets' put the Titan to work on these stunning graphics [:

Personal Desktop":

3 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

I'll might give it a try then, I like third person games because I can play them on the TV instead with the gamepad on bed xD but first person shooters I obviously go to the desk/monitor and my back gets sad after an hour =/

Thanks for the feedback, lets' put the Titan to work on these stunning graphics [:

From what i hear the DX12 version on the windows store was a mess not really worth it, but the DX11 one on steam is better.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

9 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

From what i hear the DX12 version on the windows store was a mess not really worth it, but the DX11 one on steam is better.

Oh you don't even have to warn me, I have not ever even opened the windows store app, I might of have even deleted it considering I even got rid of cortana process for good hahah, I use a local account for windows etc... it'd sure be the steam version [:

Personal Desktop":

Rocket League if you have a 144hz+ monitor.

Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux if you want a story based shooter.

We're pretty thin on multiplayer shooters worth playing, there's Overwatch which isn't exactly graphically intensive, and that new Quake game that's coming out in a bit (it's in closed beta now)

As mentioned above, War Thunder is free and can look damn beautiful on maxed settings with high frame rates. Especially the tank side of the game has some nice tricks up its graphical sleeve. Just be prepared for learning curve, when in doubt stay with teammates.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On 3/29/2017 at 5:08 PM, Orangeator said:

Emphasis on Overwatch. **Cough Cough I have hundreds of hours on it Cough Cough** **Cough Not addicted Cough**

I currently have 1400 hours on team fortress 2..... yeah i have problems lol 

I'd be repeating a lot of other posts in this thread if I tried to list all of my recent favorites, but I haven't seen anyone mention Nier: Automata yet. It's still fairly new so it's still doing reasonably well, but I worry that game may be destined for a criminally underrated future as a cult hit. It's absolutely fantastic.

If you want a game that looks amazing then The Vanishing of Ethan Carter really shows off your PC nicely. Amazing looking, bit of a walking simulator but the world is very fun to investigate and it's quite short so you won't get bored and fairly cheap.

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n