How do you make forums?

I want to make a forums site... But i dint know how.

If someone could tell me what to do that would be useful.

I am using a Weebly site and I dont like its forums setup and I want a better one.

Any ideas?

I wouldn't make one with that spelling and grammar, but if you must, I would use SquareSpace.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I wouldn't make one with that spelling and grammar,

Thanks... I am on the internet, I dint thing people are supposes to b formal... liek formal at al... 

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I wouldn't make one with that spelling and grammar

thumbs up.

If I had such bad spelling and grammar, I'd be so ashamed that I would ask my parents to send me back to school starting from kindergarten.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

if you make your words a pain to read or sound like an idiot people are't going to read them and think you're an idiot.

But it is the internet. I can type like a normal human being, but why would I? 

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

pain to read or sound like an idiot people are't going to read them and think you're an idiot.

Oh that's why.

2 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

If I had such bad spelling and grammar, I'd be so ashamed that I would ask my parents to send me back to school starting from kindergarten.

I wouldn't because I am a kid. 

1 hour ago, lilmikey0179 said:

Thanks... I am on the internet, I dint thing people are supposes to b formal... liek formal at al... 

You're making a forum. Do you really think people will take you seriously if you speak like that? I'm 11, and I have better spelling and grammar than you...

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, lilmikey0179 said:

But it is the internet. I can type like a normal human being, but why would I? 

It doesn't matter if this is the internet or a Nobel Prize speech, proper spelling and grammar is important.  If you cannot show proper respect towards spelling and grammar even for trivial discussions, then how can anyone expect you to have it in pertinent discussions?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

3 minutes ago, lilmikey0179 said:

I wouldn't because I am a kid. 

If I had such a kid, I'd kick him out of the house and disown him.

Is there a wix for forums?

Honestly if you want to make an original forum you gonna need a couple of experienced HTML programmers working on it, not something that should be cheap by any means.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Read this: https://codex.bbpress.org

And see if you're skilled enough to configure it.

There are enough cheap hosting options out there, which will automatically make a Wordpress site.

(Also, other forum users. Take it easy. He's a kid with a MineCraft avatar asking for help)

Here's to the crazy ones...

There are a few types of forums you can get:

Free Forums - Usually based of phpbb, they aren't bad but not very good either and you will have restrictions on your URL Ect.

Paid for Hosted forums - So you can either go the way of buying a licence for IPBoard, vBulletin or use free software like phpbb and then pay a host to host it for you. IPBoard and phpbb have a few companies that will charge you a flat rate per month for your forum but the bigger your forum gets the more money it will cost per month.

Virtual and/or Private Server - This is where you costs go up massively but will give you a lot of freedom as you can host anything you like on the server including any forum software you like.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

1 minute ago, TheTelperion said:

(Also, other forum users. Take it easy. He's a kid with a MineCraft avatar asking for help)

They did take easy on him, the sooner he gets used to a more proper spelling the better, slang and short up too much even if on the web is a very bad habit that can do him harm at school.

Besides once you get used writing the normal way it really feels pointless save a second or two with broken spelling.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

22 minutes ago, lilmikey0179 said:

Until you make one, pay for domaun and hosting and realize no one would join because you don't care to fix simpe grammar and spelling mistakes at all

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

They did take easy on him, the sooner he gets used to a more proper spelling the better, slang and short up too much even if on the web is a very bad habit that can do him harm at school.

Besides once you get used writing the normal way it really feels pointless save a second or two with broken spelling.

15 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

If I had such a kid, I'd kick him out of the house and disown him.

^

Here's to the crazy ones...

19 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm 11, and I have better spelling and grammar that you...

Do you? Haha.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

Do you? Haha.

He just forgot to add the "do" at the end of the sentence xD

Though yeah should have been a "than" there.

Funny how a topic about how to make a forum ends up on a grammar topic nonetheless xD

Personal Desktop":

32 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Do you? Haha.

OMG

giphy (5).gif

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

@Orangeator Blame Grammarly for the mistake, not me ;) 

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

if you want a forum you can either:

• find a place that offers hosted forums ready to go. 

most of them cost money and you will probably be rather limited on what you can do.

like ... they tell you wich forum software to use and design options might also be limited as well

... or you can ...

• get yourself some webspace and install the forum software of your choice by yourself (phpBB, bbpress or whatever you settle for)

you can pay for webspace with your own custom URL or get free webspace, wich is the easy way if you can live with some limitations (random sounding url gets assigned to you, some free hosters have forced ads and so on) 

either way you need to check if your hoster provides what is necessary to run the forum software.

that will very likely be some sort of SQL database and PHP as a minimum requirement.

not the easiest way but not that hard either. i managed to get my own forum up and running even though i know next to nothing about html, php and databases and all that stuff.

you learn a lot, wich is fun

Easiest way to make forum? Get suite (paid or free), get domain and hosting space (also free or paid) and get cracking. I've played a bit with forum software. I had some fun with free phpBB back in -05 or something like that. I had mBoard for my BF3 team for awile before we moved to another service. So its not that hard to get started.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

50 minutes ago, Sousuke said:

There are a few types of forums you can get:

Free Forums - Usually based of phpbb, they aren't bad but not very good either and you will have restrictions on your URL Ect.

Paid for Hosted forums - So you can either go the way of buying a licence for IPBoard, vBulletin or use free software like phpbb and then pay a host to host it for you. IPBoard and phpbb have a few companies that will charge you a flat rate per month for your forum but the bigger your forum gets the more money it will cost per month.

Virtual and/or Private Server - This is where you costs go up massively but will give you a lot of freedom as you can host anything you like on the server including any forum software you like.

Who said you can't host a website from your house?

Go install apache and php and sqlite on your laptop then come back here. (this is to OP)

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

14 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I had mBoard for my BF3 team for awile before we moved to another service.

Yeah this brings up another topic. What is the purpose of this forum? Just for a small group of select people? Because if you don't have the means of making a forum I doubt you have the knowledge on how to bring traffic to it.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

9 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Yeah this brings up another topic. What is the purpose of this forum? Just for a small group of select people? Because if you don't have the means of making a forum I doubt you have the knowledge on how to bring traffic to it.

Which could be searched from another thread created about forums just 10h ago:

Bigger question is, why there's such interest on running online forums. I was under impression kids these days like more about instant messaging and bulletin boards, like Reddit, where they can just paste shit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv