PC gaming issues

Coczilla

After spending 1400 some dollars on my rig, 2 years ago... I totally regret coming back to PC gaming.

At least for a USA player. I cannot find online games! Ones I can give me limited options... BF1 only half a dozen servers to choose from, EU side of it dozens... Hardcore mode BF1 only 1 or 0 servers.... COD blackops3 zombies No USA servers, it is so rare even at game launch... Battlefront2 countless times "could not locate a server" this game doesn't even allow me to join EU servers. Paladins a free2play game mind you, 75% the time I have 110+ ping which means EU server... Same to be said of bf3/bf4/bf whatever when they came out...

Hell did you know that EA doesn't even make any sports titles for PC, except wait for it.... FIFA... We all know how much Americans love soccer! Shows you where the market is for PC right there...

Check steam census and its a smack to your face.

So what is the damn point of PC gaming if I can't even find a server? I'm not oceanic/Australia.... But I'm sure feeling their pain since returning to PC gaming... Whiles consoles do not have this issue in America. So whats the point of a PC master race if you can't even play the damn game with decent ping? Feel I wasted my money, could of just built a decent rig at 500, then bought both consoles, with how much money I wasted...

I'm done with PC gaming, its not like how it was 10-15years ago in America. It sucks now... Going back to console and buying a XIM to at least use a mouse....

Anybody else feel this way?

That sucks. If it will make you happier, in Paladins you can choose between regions so you don't play on EU instead of US

No my internet is fine. 8 year field technician for cable/satellite, I installed it myself from tap to my modem. My docsys is .5+ signal, 0 being ideal. 60mbps constant 25-30 ping to nearest city. I'm also only person using my internet. I use speedtest.net to test it along with logging into the modem itself. Then I have that region on paladins, but it still will put me in EU servers when match making takes long enough. Easy as asking at end of game, along with seeing my 110+ ping via f9 i think it is for paladins. On westcoast servers I see 60-80, on eastcoast i see 35-60.

Yea it does suck. I just wanna play my games online and not have to pissy fit trying to find a server. Hell they don't even allow you to run your own servers for games anymore, double suck.

Actually I am glad I went with PC gaming. I am a rural Canadian resident but not too far from larger towns and cities, so my access and ping does suffer, but at least have access. I am not too much into multiplayer gaming, but I don't seem to have much trouble with finding servers for even games that aren't that popular.

May any I ask why you went with PC gaming in the first place instead of sticking with consoles?

No but then again I care a lot more for single player campaign than online multiplayer

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

8 hours ago, Ertman said:

Actually I am glad I went with PC gaming. I am a rural Canadian resident but not too far from larger towns and cities, so my access and ping does suffer, but at least have access. I am not too much into multiplayer gaming, but I don't seem to have much trouble with finding servers for even games that aren't that popular.

May any I ask why you went with PC gaming in the first place instead of sticking with consoles?

I was primary PC gaming, till I moved to the country then I bought a xbox360. Moved back to a city still kept the 360 and quickly getting outdated computer. My house was robbed, he took my xbox 360. Insurance paid me 400 for it, which was damn nice! It was like 6months before release of ps4/xbox1, so instead of waiting I went back to PC gaming. Threw down 850ish for my rig while I waited on AMDs new GPUs to drop, which were lack luster, so I waited more for a gtx 970. Brought my total to around 1250ish dollars, minus stuff I spent on extras for needless things like lights.

Then I end up to where I am now, low count for American players in virtually any game I play. Majority of them I can indeed find a game, just not in America always. Which for twitched based first person shooters, just sucks having such a high ping. I feel American PC gaming is dead and I wasted my money basically.

So curious if others felt this way. Well ones that indeed play real-time-twitch-based-multiplayer games in America. I'm already settled on going back to consoles come new console launch this winter. Rather see what microsoft will show with their upgraded console. Otherwise I'd have a ps4 right now, with xim for mouse support.

Just saddens me if you will. Core PC market is EU, while Americans mostly went console over the past 10 or more years. Any major publisher of PC games shows this trend as well with releases.